11-30-06, 09:11 AM   #261
Badious
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Anyone else get an error about this addon pack taking up more than 48Mb in memory and WoW crashing when trying to run the installer?

11-30-06, 09:31 AM   #262
Telnets
A Defias Bandit
As for the whole Mazzlegasm thing.. holy cow people, if you think its inapropriate, as Mazzle said, dont use the addon. While your uninstalling it, also be sure to complain to Blizzard about the succubus suggestive sayings, and mention that you feel its not apropriate for charachters to run around in thier underware when they are playing.

Mazzle, Keep up the good work mate! You spent 10 months as you said on the addon, and could have kept it all for yourself. Instead you have allowed the rest of us to download one of the coolest UIs since the game was released, and I for one apreciate it.

Last edited by Telnets : 11-30-06 at 09:37 AM.

11-30-06, 09:48 AM   #263
Antiphonal
A Kobold Labourer
I know this is probably redundant at this point - but great UI. This is the first compliation I've used. I was running basically a stock WoW with new UnitFrames and a way to make range a little more obvious on the main buttons.

With all the addons listed I was expecting to be very intimidated or forced into an inflexible setup. Neither was the case. I redid all my keybindings (old dog, no new tricks) and spent a very enjoyable hour configuring everything just the way I like it. Your in-game documentation and options system was VERY well organized and easy to use.

Even though I only have a few days to use it before WoW 2.0 arrives, I am already becoming quite an addict and will be waiting breathlessly for your new release, whenever you get if finished.

Kudos!

11-30-06, 09:52 AM   #264
Cilas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Badious,

Click the Addons button in your character selection screen. In there, you'll see place where you can increase the memory alloted to your addons. I think the FAQ recommends 75m, but I could be wrong. Mine seems to float between 50 and 60 megs used.

And as far as the Mazzlegasm yell goes, ya, it's annoying after the first time, but that's all it is. Repeated mazzifying to look at the options means I'm spamming the zone chats with my fooling around. I just ended up stepping into RFC/Stockades while I played around-problem solved. The solution Mazz put in (no more than once per version) should work perfectly.

11-30-06, 10:06 AM   #265
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Badious
Anyone else get an error about this addon pack taking up more than 48Mb in memory and WoW crashing when trying to run the installer?
Please read the installation instructions.

-------------------------------------
Step 4: Get WoW ready
-------------------------------------
a) Log in and choose your realm
b) VERY IMPORTANT: At the character selection screen, click the "Add-ons" button and check the add-on memory setting. It should default to 48, but you should adjust it to your needs. 75 is how much I use for 1 gig of memory and it seems to work well. Usually, the UI uses about 54mb of memory.
c)...
I don't mean to be rude here, but most of the questions people have are covered in either the install instructions or the in game FAQ. It would be quicker and easier for everyone if you would thoroughly read those things before asking questions.

11-30-06, 11:03 AM   #266
Badious
A Cyclonian

I obviously missed that little detail in the install instructions I looked through them to see if I could find why it was doing this but found nothing, I guess I will try it again with this new tid bit of info. I usually try an RTFM first. but alas I must have been dumb that day.

11-30-06, 11:36 AM   #267
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
MageFu

Hey Mazz,

Was wondering if you wrote magefu. I'm having a few problems with it, so i searched wowinterface, curse and worldofwar and couldn't find the addon anywhere other than as part of mazzleui. Maybe i'm just overlooking something obvious. If magefu is someone elses addon and you are able to direct me to a site to look into the problem on my own, i'd be greatful.

I did a clean install of mazzleui and the only other addon i use is bagnon for an all in one inventory. When i use the consume function, it always eats first when both my health and mana are below the thresholds i set. That in and of itself is not a problem, but once eating if i hit my 'consume' hot key it simply eats another bread and doesn't drink even if my mana is at 1%. You've posted that there isn't functionality for one button push to automatically eat and drink, but was wondering if this was how the magefu 'consume' was supposed to work or if i'm overlooking something that would allow me to push once to eat and second time to drink using the 'consume' function (if not, even the ability to always drink first would be an improvement).

Also, I always carry a large surplus of water for when people run out or for those people who wait until the third or fourth pull to request water. Problem is, when i drink (using consume or clicking in autobar), it pulls from a different stack each time. After an hour or so, my bag has 20 stacks of water with each stack having 17 or 18 water in it as opposed to using up a stack before moving on to another.

Finally, the magefu trade function (not the autotrade setting, but the 'trade' function that you can hot key) only trades one stack of food or water which is fine except it stops their. If i hit it again in the same trade window it won't add a second stack of water.

Don't know if these are how the mod is intended, i'm doing something wrong, or if my magefu is bugged. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T

11-30-06, 12:17 PM   #268
zoeckler
A Kobold Labourer
mageFU

mageFu can be found on wowace.com
That is the central storage for all mods using ace.

http://www.wowace.com/files/FuBar_MageFu/

11-30-06, 01:31 PM   #269
Boethius
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

Mazzle, I've wait for this UI for a long time, but it turns out that it was well worth it! Great job!

I would just like to report a bug though sadly.
The pylon quests in Un'Goro are not completable while I have your UI installed. I haven't taken the time to narrow down the addon that is causing the problem. I will let you know if I make any progress, but I'm just letting you know. Possibly someone else is having the same problem with another.

Great UI again!
Keep it up.

EDIT: I guess the position to complete the quest is just really touchy. Still a great UI!

Last edited by Boethius : 11-30-06 at 01:52 PM.

11-30-06, 01:53 PM   #270
Scarredangel
A Murloc Raider
Coupl'a questions

Mazzle,

First as I have said twice before...this UI is a rock star.

Second, those that don't like the Mazzlegasm....dont' use the UI. Basically, if you don't like it unload it. If you don't want to do that, then deal with it and don't complain.

Third, and the point of this...a couple things I wanted to ask about...

1. I am using your advanced Druid Layout, It's putting most of the buttons in there, except for my cure poision and an attack button for Feral forms. If you didn't start attacking in caster form...but that's no big deal...both of them just require that you drag the buttons after you re-mazzify. I can deal with that.

2. I have been getting alot of chat errors while in a party. One error is that my chat window would disappear altogether and the only way to get it back was to log out or reload the UI. The other, I have been getting a specific LUA error, stating that it was looking for a input that was never received. I am at work so I don't have the exact error, but I will post it when I get home.

When/if you update this for the 2.0 patch could you consider adding in support for the cure poison and the auto attacks?

Other than that, this is the greatest UI ever. I soil myself everytime I use it.

one last question: What the hell is xcalc used for?

11-30-06, 02:23 PM   #271
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cilas
Alright, I'm only having this problem on my mage. My priest and druid have no issues-but the mage seems be missing the keybindings on the actual buttons.

All the keybindings work. One (Escape Artist) even has the keybinding on the button. The rest however only have a ... on the key.

I've poked around DAB. I've looked in the KeyBindings section. I've remazzified uncountable times with various configurations. I'm missing something blindingly obvious. Any ideas?
For whatever reason, the fonts are appearing slightly larger on your system. One of the other testers encountered this problem as well and figured out a way to get around it last night by increasing the size of each button by one pixel.

11-30-06, 02:33 PM   #272
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tenagra
Hey Mazz,

Was wondering if you wrote magefu. I'm having a few problems with it, so i searched wowinterface, curse and worldofwar and couldn't find the addon anywhere other than as part of mazzleui. Maybe i'm just overlooking something obvious. If magefu is someone elses addon and you are able to direct me to a site to look into the problem on my own, i'd be greatful.

I did a clean install of mazzleui and the only other addon i use is bagnon for an all in one inventory. When i use the consume function, it always eats first when both my health and mana are below the thresholds i set. That in and of itself is not a problem, but once eating if i hit my 'consume' hot key it simply eats another bread and doesn't drink even if my mana is at 1%. You've posted that there isn't functionality for one button push to automatically eat and drink, but was wondering if this was how the magefu 'consume' was supposed to work or if i'm overlooking something that would allow me to push once to eat and second time to drink using the 'consume' function (if not, even the ability to always drink first would be an improvement).

Also, I always carry a large surplus of water for when people run out or for those people who wait until the third or fourth pull to request water. Problem is, when i drink (using consume or clicking in autobar), it pulls from a different stack each time. After an hour or so, my bag has 20 stacks of water with each stack having 17 or 18 water in it as opposed to using up a stack before moving on to another.

Finally, the magefu trade function (not the autotrade setting, but the 'trade' function that you can hot key) only trades one stack of food or water which is fine except it stops their. If i hit it again in the same trade window it won't add a second stack of water.

Don't know if these are how the mod is intended, i'm doing something wrong, or if my magefu is bugged. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T
No, I did not write MageFu. I just wrote the ones that start with Mazz. I do really like the add-on, though it's still pretty new and rough around the edges. I think it will mature. There's a thread for MageFu on the Ace forums where you can ask the author questions: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2555.0

I, personally, don't use it yet for either trading or reagent buying. I still use TradeDispensor. You may also want to look at free refills for the buying stuff.

11-30-06, 02:34 PM   #273
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Pigl33t
Well I think it's a big deal, why would you want something that spams some message when you use it? I was going to recommend this to a few friends and maybe use it myself, even tho it uses alot of memory. But with this spam feature you can't diable without going into the lua files and what not makes me not try it or recommend it.
Exactly. If you don't like it, don't use it. Thank you.

11-30-06, 02:37 PM   #274
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I'm on an rp server (which you'd think would have more reporting people) and me and my guildmates have been "having mazzlegasms" in Ironforge for 10 months. I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. The most that ever happens is someone responds "You faked it!"
I forgot to mention, my 60 priest on that same rp server which I've had for over a year now] (before this UI even really got started) is named Mazzlegasm. Her job is to make people in the party feel good. Ya know, by healing them and stuff. Anyway, I've had no problem with her name either.

11-30-06, 02:48 PM   #275
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Scarredangel
1. I am using your advanced Druid Layout, It's putting most of the buttons in there, except for my cure poision and an attack button for Feral forms. If you didn't start attacking in caster form...but that's no big deal...both of them just require that you drag the buttons after you re-mazzify. I can deal with that.
It's supposed to puts abolish poison in a button, and, if the user does not have that, cure poison. Unfortunately, I forgot to add cure poison to that button's spell set. It's an omission.

Most of the layouts don't have attacks. I guess I assume that people still right click to attack, but I don't play a melee class yet, so perhaps that's not be a safe assumption. What I'd do right now if I were you is just add a binding for it, in the same way that the mount binding is set up.

2. I have been getting alot of chat errors while in a party. One error is that my chat window would disappear altogether and the only way to get it back was to log out or reload the UI. The other, I have been getting a specific LUA error, stating that it was looking for a input that was never received. I am at work so I don't have the exact error, but I will post it when I get home.
The first problem is in the faq.

one last question: What the hell is xcalc used for?
It's an in-game calculator.

11-30-06, 04:55 PM   #276
trickdaemon
An Aku'mai Servant
My mount on my mage isn't working. (red undead mount) It states it's bound to Shift + ` and I have looked for it to drag to it but it's nowhere to be found. Also, how can I edit the combat logs? I want to make the text even smaller than the default as well as add target damage.

Last edited by trickdaemon : 11-30-06 at 06:14 PM.

11-30-06, 05:32 PM   #277
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by trickdaemon
My mount on my mage isn't working. (red undead mount) It states it's bound to Shift + ` and I have looked for it to drag to it but it's nowhere to be found.
That mount was added in 0.75. Remazzify your button layout.

11-30-06, 06:32 PM   #278
trickdaemon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
That mount was added in 0.75. Remazzify your button layout.
I have, which is why I am posting. Also, how can I edit the combat frames on the bottom right side of the screen, as well as how can I remove an action from DAB without replacing it with an action itself? (too many questions )

Last edited by trickdaemon : 11-30-06 at 06:42 PM.

11-30-06, 08:05 PM   #279
Chieyan
A Murloc Raider
Wierd Error

Hi Mazzle, again awsome UI! so far only 1 error and I'm not familiar enough with the mod to know if this is normal or...hehe if its just me. My guild has each class join a "class channel" during raids and both I and our Warlock leader had this error its the following (I apologize if this was dealt with else where I may have missed it)

@ 06:17 Interface\AddOns/Chatmanager\Chatmanager.lua:3253: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) @ 06:17 ...face\Addons\!!!Libs\Ace2\AceComm-2.0\AceComm-2.0.lua:2527:Channel send missing channel number

The channel the hunters use is channel 3 - when I joined the channel and said hi it worked ok but after that first sentence, I could type but couldn't press enter. In order to talk in hunter channel I had to do a /3 every time. The lock leader had the same error as I did.

Sorry for being such a noob with this mod - any advice would be most welcome

Ty very much for this great UI

Chieyan - Mystin - Garona

11-30-06, 08:08 PM   #280
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I believe that's a conflict resolved in 0.75. Make sure you upgraded and followed the instructions.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI