Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-10-07, 03:44 PM   #1
Johan1923
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Tutorial questions

was going through the tutorial and i mimicked everything exactly and had it work.

the frame showed up, the label appeared, the button appeared as well as closed the frame.

my problem is im very new to modding entirely, ive messed with a couple of mods here an there, but learned very little, not enuf to truly write my own.

im wanting to make a mod for my guild, its to do the following:

select Raid
select individual bosses
manually input raid members
save the information that is inputed on a per raid/boss basis
mark that the boss was killed (check box)
mark the instance was cleared (check box)
if possible save the information to an external file (potential to do list)
report in a channel (raid, guild, whisper ect) the information that is being viewed much like the report feature in SWStats (potential to do list)
2 slash commands to bring up the window
possibly a minimap icon (potential to do list)
ability to clear the data on a Boss then Raid basis (clear boss data in the event that the raid is ended with the particular boss alive) (clear raid data in the event of Raid instance reset)

im wanting the organization to be Raid-Boss-raid members present in raid/instance for kill (granted they will be documented manually)

what im wanting to know is how do i go about entering in the information thats on the WoWwiki site? currently im unable to get the slash commands to function. right now im basing everything i do off of expanding from the tutorial project.

Last edited by Johan1923 : 04-10-07 at 04:58 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Tutorial questions