10-13-10, 05:58 PM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
An open letter to the users of Clique:

I want to outright apologize for the problems that you may or may not have experinced in the transition to using Clique under 4.x. Unfortunately, I caught wind of a very signifigant change that was going to break a specific type of frame registration and it was something that I needed to address. It had also grown far too long since a major update, and I really needed to get the global bindings and keybind features into Clique.

Along the way I was able to simplify quite a bit of the code, and it's much easier for me to maintain right now. I did, however, fall into a classic developer trap of re-write instead of re-use. I have written 10,000 database management solutions, including the one included in Dongle and Ace3DB. I figured that I could do something even simpler when it came to Clique, so I wrote a small custom solution.

Unfortunately, as happens in these situations, the 'simplicity' was traded for bugs upon bugs upon bugs. This was my problem, and it has been very difficult to support my users with so much noise about things that I was hoping weren't anything more than outdated versions.

I have just released version v40000-1.1.0 of Clique. This version drops my custom database solution in favour of one I wrote years ago, AceDB-3.0. Alongside this change, I alse made an effort to fix the most glaring of the bugs that I am aware of. Obviously this change required a database reset, but I should not need this any more. I can now easily add new defaults to our database system without having to worry about me 'getting it wrong'.

For now, I don't have a choice, I need to sleep. I'll also need to work as much as possible tomorrow as I've already lost so much time working on getting Clique ready to go. What I will do is keep my eye on the comments to try and organize any issues that come up.

But please, when you are reporting an issue try to give me fully reproducable steps. At the very least provide the FIRST error in your error log, with a full stack trace. This will assist me infinitely in fixing things and keeping myself organised.

Currently some users are reporting issues with Grid and Clique. I want to assure you that Clique does not obscure error messages in any way, so if there is a 'silent' error where Grid stops updating when Clique is loaded, you should contact Phanx and file an issue for Grid. If I can get Clique-land stable, I'll try to step in over there and see if I can fix ro at least identify the issue.

There are still some outstanding issues, so please refrain from reporting these:
* Cannot use macro indices or names to cast macros
* Cannot set custom icons for macros
* Dropdowns don't close properly when you change a binding
* Out of combat priority does not work properly when 'friend' and 'enemy' bindings are set
* Macros cannot currently be edited
* There are no slash commands for profile swapping

I am working on all of these feature requests, but of course bugfixes will take priority.

Thank you for sticking with me for so long, and thank you for youro support. Hopefully we can get all of these issues sorted and we can all get back to healing!
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
10-13-10, 06:04 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I'm in it for the long haul. As you appreciate our support. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to keeping such a great and dare I say indispensable addon going.

Now get some sleep young man!

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-13-10, 06:06 PM   #3
Sunhead
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Thank-you

From the bottom of my healing heart I thank you for your efforts.

Sleep well and keep a clear head.
10-13-10, 07:05 PM   #4
Parnic
A Murloc Raider

Just ran through a heroic on my priest with Grid r1362 and Clique 40000-1.1 without issue. Everything worked just fine, no errors.

The only thing I noticed was when configuring Clique - it allowed me to press the same spell on the same binding more than once so I'd have multiple entries of "Cast Circle of Healing - Shift-Button5".
10-14-10, 01:36 AM   #5
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Parnic View Post
Just ran through a heroic on my priest with Grid r1362 and Clique 40000-1.1 without issue. Everything worked just fine, no errors.

The only thing I noticed was when configuring Clique - it allowed me to press the same spell on the same binding more than once so I'd have multiple entries of "Cast Circle of Healing - Shift-Button5".
This is correct. I haven't built in the validation yet, because it is a 'hard' problem. It will be coming, however.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
10-14-10, 03:58 PM   #6
strmvt
A Murloc Raider
Sleep my man I'd rather deal with a few errors then you work yourself to death trying to fix errors on little sleep as that tends to lead to errors in itself, a lesson I have learned the hard way with million dollar machines. Btw great work on an addon I have used since I don't know when.
11-15-10, 06:08 AM   #7
Thors Liebling
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool

Thanks for the effort you are putting into addon development..... and go whistle in the dark

Have a good nights sleep,

Thors Liebling (aka Freydis88)

George Orwell:

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind."
11-27-10, 02:14 AM   #8
Caltho
A Defias Bandit
full screen -> window mode

First of all let me say i love clique and have been using it on my priest for years now, but after last patch 4.0 i've had problems keeping the binding on my mouse (middle) buttons when going from full screen to window'd mode and back.
I can only get the Clique binding to function again by entirely logging out of the game.

This happens on all my chars unfortunately. There is no error log on it.

Could it have anything to do with using Grid ? As i've been reading about problems between Grid and Clique.

Thx again for the development and time an effort u have put into this wonderful addon and i do hope your getting some rest and your own work done now again.
11-27-10, 05:37 AM   #9
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, nothing in either addon should be effecting this. What mouse do you have how many mouse buttons do you have, what keys are those mouse buttons bound to in the mouse driver. If you're having an issue like this, it's almost certainly an issue with WoW not detecting the keys.

Try binding them to something (like one of yoru action bar buttons) and then see if they have the same issue? Let me know.
12-02-10, 02:46 AM   #10
Caltho
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
No, nothing in either addon should be effecting this. What mouse do you have how many mouse buttons do you have, what keys are those mouse buttons bound to in the mouse driver. If you're having an issue like this, it's almost certainly an issue with WoW not detecting the keys.

Try binding them to something (like one of yoru action bar buttons) and then see if they have the same issue? Let me know.
I have a "normal" wireless logitech mouse with 5 buttons, other bindings on my mouse do not give any problems whatsoever only the middle 1, i've send u screenshot on the bindings i have in clique binding mode.

In the meantime i've also tried binding middle mouse to wow-action bar button and it also stops working when going from full screen to windowed mode. So i do believe it is a wow issue.

I will also report it ingame.

thx for taking the time to reply
12-02-10, 03:23 AM   #11
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Let me know if you find anything else out. Thanks.
12-03-10, 01:18 PM   #12
Releaux
A Murloc Raider
Red face Thank you.

Cladhaire,

Many have already said it, so I'll simply echo that I could not play a healer without Clique and, frankly, am amazed that Blizzard hasn't built that functionality into the game. Thank you very much for your ongoing efforts with the add on.

In anticipation of Cataclysm, I forced myself into a vanilla no-add-on UI. I could do it with my warlock, but not with my healer. Clique and Grid simply have to be there (though I could probably even do without Grid in a pinch). Your work is greatly appreciated!
12-16-10, 03:55 PM   #13
Bacardii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have found that I simply can NOT play my disc/holy priest without your add-on. So, thank you for all your hard work.
01-29-11, 07:31 AM   #14
Marcdepuma
A Kobold Labourer
First, thank you for such a great addon. Makes my life better. One problem. I can no longer bind mouse button 1 and 2 to anything. No matter what I do they act like the default. ie: pressing M1 selects and pressing M2 interacts. Even if I bind Ctrl-M1 to selecting and then M1 to an attack macro. it doesn't activate the macro, it just selects the target.

I use v40000-1.3.3 and tested it with all other addons disabled.

Help?
01-30-11, 12:16 PM   #15
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Without seeing your binding configuration, I'm not sure how to help you. Also, you should ensure you are ALWAYS testing on the default blizzard unit frames. Let me know.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » An open letter to the users of Clique: