03-22-05, 04:17 PM   #1
Fallonn
A Defias Bandit
Any mirrors?

Anyone tell me if there are any mirrors to DL the 1.3.0 patch? Im on cable and the download speed is 8.0k.

Thanks
03-22-05, 04:22 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Blizzard does not sanction this, therefore even if we were aware of any, we couldn't post them for you. I can say, however, that I have seen some threads in the General forum on the Blizz boards that had links to some. You may be able to find some there, if Blizz hasn't already deleted the threads. Sorry we can't be of more help than that. =/
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
03-22-05, 04:40 PM   #3
shadrak
A Cyclonian

removed by request of Admin.

sorry..

Last edited by shadrak : 03-22-05 at 04:56 PM.
03-22-05, 05:16 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
NP Shadrak, thanks for understanding and supporting our decision.
03-22-05, 06:51 PM   #5
Fallonn
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the correction I didnt know blizzard had this problem. I can understand admins wanting to remove it.
03-22-05, 06:56 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thank you for understanding, Fallonn. Since it is Blizzard's stance, we try to respect it.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
03-22-05, 09:20 PM   #7
teddyboy420
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Actually, there is a mirror you can download from, Fileplanet. You'll have to wait in line unless you are a paying member, but it'll probably still be faster than the Blizz downloader. And, this is sanctioned and totally allowed by Blizz (at least, that's what they did with the last big patch, so I assume it's the same here, there was even a post on the Blizz forums about it)

In fact, here's a link: http://www.fileplanet.com/150253/dow...t-v1.3.0-Patch

Last edited by teddyboy420 : 03-22-05 at 09:24 PM.
03-23-05, 05:46 PM   #8
ellyana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

yeah here is a post on the WOW forums confirming it.

LINK

The 1.3 patch is now also available in two delicious flavors from Fileplanet, located at the links below.

1.2.4 to 1.3:
This will be the patch most current users will want to download. If your game is already patched to 1.2.4, this is what you want. This allows a smaller download than the full patch.

http://www.fileplanet.com/151553/150...---1.3.0-Patch

Retail to 1.3.0:
This is the patch for any fresh installs of the game. This will take the game version from a fresh out of the box install, to the newest and playable version. This stand-alone patch will also update the game from ANY previous version, to 1.3.0.

http://www.fileplanet.com/150253/150...t-v1.3.0-Patch

On a side note, please be cautious when downloading executable files from unknown sources posted by other users. Please be sure to have an active and updated anti-virus when downloading or running unknown files. In contrast, the Fileplanet links above are approved to be completely safe to download. They are recommended to be used if any problems arise while using the normal Blizzard Downloader patching process.
Hope that helps!
03-23-05, 06:00 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Given that Blizzard has posted that those are *officially approved*, then we don't mind the links being posted at all.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Any mirrors?