01-18-05, 12:30 PM   #1
shadrak
A Cyclonian

IS there anything left to do?

Its seems everything that can be moded has been. Whats left to do? What can we expect? Anything in the works anyone wants to share?
01-18-05, 12:32 PM   #2
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Way wrong, heh. We have like 5 mods planned for development. You just need to be innovative .
01-18-05, 12:36 PM   #3
Lewzephyr
A Murloc Raider

sure there is....
Mods to move all elements of the UI.. Paper Doll, Quest, Mail, Autcion House, etc....
Mods to change the way the Auction House is displayed... i.e. Reset button, Search by stats, See more per page, Resizeable window....
Various mods to help the different classes.... similar to doge ding, or one that notifys of openings for attack. etc..

MOD's of the mods of the mods... i.e. blending features between several mods. such as the various mods to help manage pets. The best of both worlds if you will.

Always more to do...
01-18-05, 03:19 PM   #4
Remelio

Also there are graphic mods to be done. These are just a PITA because of the format, but I believe someone else posted a link to a good utility for dealing with this.
01-18-05, 03:52 PM   #5
shadrak
A Cyclonian

well, I look forward to seeing some new stuff.
Cosmos is nice, but its just to big and there are some aspects of it that I am a bit leary of. It will be nice to be able to mix and match what I want without having to take all the rest.
01-18-05, 04:47 PM   #6
bahzeel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Was that a plea for a good idea that you can go off and implement Shadrack?

After some research and thinking about it, I am reluctantly (yet eagerly!) working on an extension of a DPS mod that will track and report damage taken during a fight as DPS Taken.

I'm imagining an end result that shows DPS I do, and DPS I take, at the end of each fight.

It will specifically help me do some defense related testing with my Shaman. I have a theory that +defense carries an especially large effect on actual defense / DPS Taken, but I also have anecdotal claims that it's useless (the overwhelming opinion among the few who have thought about it is that +defense is a waste).

But a DPS Taken mod will help me evaluate the actual difference between swinging the big stick (staff) and using a dagger/shield. And adding str to improve the effect of blocks. And on and on. (Agility - does that help dodges?).

I think that in a year, we'll look back on the state of UI enhancements as they exist today, and be amazed at how primitive the tools were that we had to work with
01-23-05, 12:17 PM   #7
Opaque
A Fallenroot Satyr
EQ Interface started the same way. First the mods were pretty generic... after a while they starte to redo the entire look of the game and made major improvements. Cosmos and CT are already huge helps... but I imagine they are only the beginning.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » IS there anything left to do?