11-29-11, 04:24 AM   #1
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Question 4.3 is going live today

4.3 is here soon.. and update's for carbonite coming??

11-29-11, 08:21 AM   #2
Alaniis
A Murloc Raider
Good question - I haven't seen an update since last August. As a dedicated Carbonite fan, I wish this was ready NOW.

Do we have an eta?

11-29-11, 10:34 AM   #3
diracco
A Kobold Labourer
I Love Carbonite too...

11-29-11, 10:44 AM   #4
Thorzon
A Murloc Raider
Funny...cuz for the last week when I logged on to WoW..I get the a message that carbonite was out of date. Be nice if they made the update available. Maybe it's just the "paying" customers that get it early?

11-29-11, 11:51 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, that is not the case with Carbonite.

The only thing different between non Carbonite supporters and Carbonite supporters is access to the "Carbonite: Supporters" forum.

EVERYONE (except the devs, of course, if they are working on something and it's not ready for general release) gets the same Carbonite.

A possible explanation and a "quick fix", that you can apply yourself to Carbonite for this problem, can be found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41866 Which, ironically, is in this same forum, and only one other thread separates that one from this one.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 11-29-11 at 11:54 AM.

11-29-11, 12:12 PM   #6
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
A possible explanation and a "quick fix", that you can apply yourself to Carbonite for this problem, can be found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41866 Which, ironically, is in this same forum, and only one other thread separates that one from this one.
thx jeffy.
also till dev's get a update out.. go to toc file and replace 40200 to 40300

11-29-11, 03:28 PM   #7
Georgiafire
A Kobold Labourer
4.3 addon

when is the new carbonite suppose to be out... very frustrated with not having it!!!!

11-29-11, 03:45 PM   #8
mattderanged
A Kobold Labourer
OMG I'm so frustrated waiting for the new update or for them to fix it. Only because this addon is so helpful. Keep up the good work guys an update soon would be greatly appreciated!!!

11-29-11, 05:06 PM   #9
tsod
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cool Important!!! Please Read!!!

Hey guys,

I found a temporary fix to the LUA errors since 4.3 went live.

Please refer to my post here

11-29-11, 05:40 PM   #10
ZackZero
A Murloc Raider
After applying that fix, the sole issue remaining (that I can see) is minimap NPC/node/player "dots" not displaying correctly. A sample image is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_MinimapDisplayGlitch.png
Views:	826
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	6610  

11-29-11, 06:10 PM   #11
Hanter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by tsod View Post
Hey guys,

YES!! Great fix. Good job.

Originally Posted by ZackZero View Post
After applying that fix, the sole issue remaining (that I can see) is minimap NPC/node/player "dots" not displaying correctly. A sample image is attached.
I never use the mini map unless its to find ore or fish or herbs or if i need to know where north is.

Everything else is seen in the carbonite map.

11-29-11, 06:39 PM   #12
ZackZero
A Murloc Raider
That image is a capture of the minimap replacement that Carbonite uses, thus it's relevant to point out. But talking down legitimate points is fun, right?

11-29-11, 07:44 PM   #13
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
That image is a capture of the minimap replacement that Carbonite uses, thus it's relevant to point out. But talking down legitimate points is fun, right?
^

5*'s imo. I applaud you.

11-29-11, 11:00 PM   #14
KrysEmlyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
You can fix the issue with the "blips" by setting the "Minimap Herb/Ore Dot Glow Delay" to "0". You'll get the default Blizzard minimap "blips" but at least they won't be distorted like that. Looks like something changed in the way the image UV mapping coordinates are handled between the last patch and this one in Blizzard's code.

-Krys

11-29-11, 11:21 PM   #15
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by KrysEmlyn View Post
You can fix the issue with the "blips" by setting the "Minimap Herb/Ore Dot Glow Delay" to "0".
How? I can see where that phrase is in the code, but I don't see where to set it.

{N="Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)",V="MapMMNodeGD",VF="NXCmdMMChange"}

Where do I put the "0"?

11-30-11, 12:23 AM   #16
brentzig
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by DJ Particle View Post
How? I can see where that phrase is in the code, but I don't see where to set it.

{N="Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)",V="MapMMNodeGD",VF="NXCmdMMChange"}

Where do I put the "0"?
This is an in-game option. Go to options, minimap, and it's the 6th option from the top. Left click it and a window pops up, just type in 0 and hit ok.

Last edited by brentzig : 11-30-11 at 12:26 AM.

11-30-11, 09:31 AM   #17
Cobaltius
A Murloc Raider
Hey guys,

This worked for my FPS problem, I was getting 7-8fps, and after the LUA edit am back up to 50+ however for some reason the little round mini-map is low res or perhaps low detailed.

Guess I will have to wait for and official release to get that fixed.

Last edited by Cobaltius : 11-30-11 at 10:00 AM.

11-30-11, 05:44 PM   #18
ZackZero
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
This worked for my FPS problem, I was getting 7-8fps, and after the LUA edit am back up to 50+ however for some reason the little round mini-map is low res or perhaps low detailed.

Guess I will have to wait for and official release to get that fixed.
Actually, refer above. It was pointed out that there's an in-game Carbonite setting that can be adjusted to compensate for that.

11-30-11, 08:23 PM   #19
hemiman
A Kobold Labourer
Both fixes worked fine for me, also used Notepad++ to edit file.

Thanks for the info...really like this app!!!

11-30-11, 10:20 PM   #20
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey guys,

This also solved my slow framerate issue. Thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 4.3 is going live today