12-14-09, 04:27 AM   #1
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
Help with UI/Development Bringing an old UI back to life

Ok so I know I've posted a bunch and I'm sorry.. I just know I'm gonna need help here and there.. And I'm excited about being back.. Whoever mods these forums go ahead and delete the other ones I posted.. I'm sorry I didn't post a thread like this erlier..

On to my UI.. This is what I gotz so far.

I know I used something to skin the buttons.. And I havent put all the pannels down.. ATM I'm going thru and trying to get all the addons that I had before.. But I noticed some arent in devolopment anymore.. Or just broken and never updated.. Going to try to be as minimalistic as I can with the addons.. But I know I'll end up cluttering it all up.. lol.. Does Xperl still work? Or is there somthing better these days? I dont wanna use Button faccade.. Last time I tried it threw my KGpanels all into wack and I had to delete my wtf saved variables... Also titan bar still work?
12-14-09, 04:37 AM   #2
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
OK so .. Put in Redrange.. And OmniCC .. I had them before and liked them .. SO i threw those in there.. also a staple in my UI was WIM.. and i tested it and it works.. but its giving me some errors.. Im gonna see if its the latest version then come back and post the errors

Edit: After getting the errors once I havent got them again.. Seems that they were from the tutorial "like i needed it" SO on with the next thing.. I need a good chat program.. Hmmm ::goes to look::

Last edited by blessedarkangel : 12-14-09 at 05:15 AM.
12-14-09, 05:54 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hi,

i'm using kgpanels + bartender + buttonfacade as a threesome for a long time now and i never had the issue you described above. Might be an issue when it was back in beta or something, but now it works splendidly.

for chat i can highly recomment Prat wonderfull addon with an amazing choice of feautures ^^.

don't know if xperl still works, i think it does. But i switches to Lui a few weeks ago (also bartender + kgpanels + buttonfacade in the package) and its also completely errorfree.

Pitbull is a frequently used unitframe addon in compilations, combined with grid.

I hope my comment helped you somewhat ^^
12-14-09, 07:11 AM   #4
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
Im useing Dominos and KGpanels With BF.. And im getting the error.. I will try again tho.. Since seerah pointed out what was wrong with the Panels.. Maybe it wasnt BF.. Ill try that now and get back to you and post a SS of what i have so far..

Last edited by blessedarkangel : 12-14-09 at 09:25 AM.
12-14-09, 07:38 AM   #5
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
And here we go .. starting to look like what i had before.. So many addons.. its gonna be hard to be "Minimalistic" with this.. But .. Oh well my computer can handle them.. haha..

Ill put the art in the middle soon enough.. I wonder what to use for like titan panel.. should check around..
Oh btw Xperl still works..
12-14-09, 08:40 AM   #6
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
Welp.. Its late.. and I'm gonna head to bed.. I spent most the night looking up addons that I use to have.. I threw the whole "minimalistic" idea out the window.. Wanted to go with more functionaly and make the addons work seemlessly together..I threw in Fubar and found the micromenu addon.. so I took it off the side there with the bags and let fubar take em . everything seems to work perfectly fine.. with no errors.. Allthought I dont have bugrabber yet.. and Wow hasnt reported any errors.. Heres a list of addons that I have so far.. If you guys have any sugjestions on addons to use please dont be shy.. maybe you see somthing that can be used insted of an addon I have.. or thats better.. Again .. let me know.. I just came back to game and I dont know whats good and whats been tested.. thanks guys ^^

KGPanels
Ricos minimap
WIM
WIM SKin Death knight and Flat
Dominos
RedRange
OmniCC
Prat
Fane
Misspelled
Rating Buster
Postal
Xperl
IceHud
TipTop
CraftList2
Advanced Tradeskill Menu
TabDB
Female Anoucer <- Couldnt help myself
Trinket Menu
Fubar
Fubar-MicroMenu
Fubar-Currency Trackfu
Fubar-AmmoFu
Fubar-PerformaceFu
Fubar-DurabilityFu
Fubar-Atlas2fu
Fubar-Dominosfu
Fubar-Topscoresfu
Fubar-GuildFu
Fubar-Friendsfu
Atlas
Atlas-Mayjor Citys
AtlasQuest
Atlas HQpack
Atlasloot enhanced
Linkwrangler-auctioneer
Linkwrangler
Linkwrangler-Companion
Xloot
Xloot Master
Xloot Group
Xloot Monitor
Autobar

Fun addons Added (You can delete these if you like, But I find them quite usefull when people are bickering in a guild or you have an exstensive flight path)
Comix
Peggle
Bejweled

Edit: Added Xloot monitor Master Group and autobar before i slept >.>

Last edited by blessedarkangel : 12-14-09 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Couldnt help myself
12-15-09, 12:20 AM   #7
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
OK so im back at it.. rested up.. I was thinking.. I was looking for maybe a quest hepler.. somthing along those lines.. But i dont know if.. Lightheaded Atlasquest and Questhelper work together .. And im sure TOMTOM would be good.. ANy sugjestions?
12-15-09, 01:30 AM   #8
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
ATM im gonna finish putting the KGpanels frames on it.. ill post a SS of it when im done.. Anyone have any sugjestions on what i said last?
12-15-09, 01:34 AM   #9
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While you are browsing/researching addons, take a look at the databrokers instead of fubar. Something like Ninjapanel for the display and then any of the available brokers.

I use carbonite and lightheaded for quests
12-15-09, 01:51 AM   #10
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
curious why do you sugjest that.. does it take less memory or somthing? I have alot of fubar aded things that i really want shown there insted of cluttering my minimap anymore then it already is..

Oh and does carbonite and lightheaded work with tom tom ? Thats what im really after is the tom tom fonctionality
I also have brokertofubar is there an addon that will do that kinda thing for ninja panel.. if so ill use it fubar bugs me somtimes..

Last edited by blessedarkangel : 12-15-09 at 01:55 AM.
12-15-09, 02:06 AM   #11
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Data brokers are the new black. They have more or less replaced the fubar/titan mods. As you can see here there are FAR more LDB addons than there are for Fubar and Titan combined.

I use Fortress as my "bar".

I think there is much more flexibility in the LDB addon system than there was in the titan/fubar one. And alot more addons have some sort of LDB support than they do Titan/Fubar.
12-15-09, 02:42 AM   #12
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Don't just look at Fortress. There are a plethora of LDB display AddOns, as well as a slew of plugins. A near-exhaustive list of them can be found here.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
12-15-09, 02:58 AM   #13
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
oh wow you guys are right.. haha.. ill check it out and test it a bit before i take my 90% screenshot
12-15-09, 03:12 AM   #14
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
I think i actualy do like ninjabar better.. Im gonna play with it
12-15-09, 05:21 AM   #15
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
OMG i just get finished with my UI and BOOM .. kicked from the server.. Bleh... /kicks blizzard in the shin

Like literaly just put the last KGpanel on.. went over everything... and GAH.. i didnt even notice it or see it comming.. RAWR
12-15-09, 12:00 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Data brokers are the new black. They have more or less replaced the fubar/titan mods. As you can see here there are FAR more LDB addons than there are for Fubar and Titan combined.

I use Fortress as my "bar".

I think there is much more flexibility in the LDB addon system than there was in the titan/fubar one. And alot more addons have some sort of LDB support than they do Titan/Fubar.
Don't forget that Titan is an LDB display, also.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-15-09, 01:13 PM   #17
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Yep, Carbonite works with Lightheaded. You can add TomTom or but don't need too because it has it's own arrow that functions about the same (could be exactly the same but I don't know enough about any of TomTom's extras). I like it mainly for the quest functionality. Has many more features which may or may not make or break it for you as an option.
12-16-09, 12:09 AM   #18
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
Actualy yeah your right TOM TOM and carbonite quest both go off at the same time for me when i hit a cord.. BLEH! Sok tho.. carbonites looks cooler anyway.. Ill stick with that.. I like the combo of lightheaded and carbonite quest a bit more then i do questhelper.. Questhelper is just a mega rescorce hog.. and i have to much stuff going as it is.. You guys see anything missing at all? OOOH another thing.. I HAD to have this plugin it helped me so much on my rotations as a hunter.. But its got some errors in it.. it still works well.. But its got a b ugsack error..

Ill update with a screenshot to when i fix and tweak things around.. Im going to be evovling this UI as it goes along.. I sould post a compalation of sorts and get people to help me .. A UI installer like Mazzel would be sweet >.> But i know nothing of codeing.. haha.. Ill learn as i go along. I hae big ideas for the UI .. but no idea how to do it.. lol

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with UI/Development Bringing an old UI back to life