06-13-07, 03:29 PM   #1
Blackhand
A Kobold Labourer
Frame skip on spell cast

First off, MazzleUI is an AWESOME compilation!

Ok, I've managed to update all the addons to be 2.1 friendly, I'm not getting anymore "fatalities" and bugsack is empty.

I do however have this strange problem that I haven't been able to figure out, and in 2 years of WoW its the first time I've experienced it. Almost every time I cast a spell, I get a frame skip. Be it a self-buff, dot or DD spell ( on completion ), I get this 0.1 - 1 sec frame skip.

I've tried some of the obvious things, like disabling alot of the addons that don't really interest me, try without DUF, switching off the HUD etc. to no avail.

It can obviously become extremely annoying and its the final hurdle in having this amazing UI fully functional.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or has had some experience with this, would be very gratefull for any help.

Btw. I do have a standby UI at the moment which I swap out for arena and raiding until I can resolve this, and it obviously does not occur when using that set of mods.
06-14-07, 04:15 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unless it's a wide-spread issue, which I don't think it is, I think you're only option is to disable add-ons until you find the one/s that is/are causing you problems. It sounds like you have a very recreatable issue, so that should make it pretty easy to figure out.
06-14-07, 07:19 AM   #3
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Just out of curiosity how much ram do you have in your computer? I occasionally have this happen on my laptop if i've got a few other things running other than wow. (eg. wow, vent and firefox) The problem, for me at least, seems to be that I only have 512MB of ram so even when it's only running wow i'm at the very breaking point of the computer having to swap out data from ram to the hdd which severely slows things down. If I've got it loaded with wow, vent and firefox then it's having to swap out much more frequently and i'll get the skips more often. This should be fairly easy to figure out though as I also typically will have a good amount of lag going into big areas that have a lot of stuff to be loaded... Shatt for instance.
06-14-07, 07:28 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Enable CPU profiling under memoryfu and see what is taking it's time?
06-14-07, 11:37 AM   #5
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well first off your going to want to narrow down what is doing it. Since you seem to have a set of mods to the side that work, eliminate those from the first round of testing. Just slowly go down the list turning off mods till the spell casting skip stops. I know its a bit tedious but its probably the only real way to know 100%.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Frame skip on spell cast