06-18-15, 03:12 PM   #1
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
seems FIXED: Quest Arrow Disappearing

I've seen this posted before, and I've never seen a solution.

My husband and I are both using carbonite, the DEV version ...mine works fine, but his arrow that points the way to quests, likes to take off across the screen, if he catches it and drags it back, it works fine for a bit, until it flys off again, if he doesn't notice it in time , it flys off the side of the screen and doesn't return

any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?

he runs windows 7 and I have vista

other than that the only difference i know of is that he runs graphics on ultra and i have to run mine on low (yeah he got the first new gaming pc in the family lol mines next)
06-18-15, 05:47 PM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by timidangel View Post
I've seen this posted before, and I've never seen a solution.

My husband and I are both using carbonite, the DEV version ...mine works fine, but his arrow that points the way to quests, likes to take off across the screen, if he catches it and drags it back, it works fine for a bit, until it flys off again, if he doesn't notice it in time , it flys off the side of the screen and doesn't return

any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?

he runs windows 7 and I have vista

other than that the only difference i know of is that he runs graphics on ultra and i have to run mine on low (yeah he got the first new gaming pc in the family lol mines next)
Do you have the most current DEV release from

https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/tree/DEV

if not please download and install it to check if that helps.

Thrumbar
06-20-15, 07:53 PM   #3
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
I thought that he did, but I had him redownload it just in case. He reinstalled it, we only run carbonite and carbonite quests and the arrow again did it's little run away escapade , maybe it just doesn't like him , but seriously, we've done everything i can think of, he's not running any addons that i am not , so I'm unsure what else to try
06-21-15, 12:06 AM   #4
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Just to make sure in his addons listing does it list
Carbonite as 6.2.0
Carbonite Quest 6.2.0

Thrumbar

Last edited by Thrumbar : 06-21-15 at 12:13 AM.
06-22-15, 03:45 PM   #5
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
no, it says 6.0.1D perhaps i had him download the wrong thing, i just went to the site you had and clicked download zip , I'm assuming i should download something else?
06-22-15, 04:40 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
6.2 will be officially released tomorrow so if you can hold out the working verison will be available in the normal places.
06-23-15, 09:43 AM   #7
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
FYI I think I've identified what causes this. It's when you are in combat and are moving/running while being attacked. It happens regularly in newer zones or with newer quest lines, but I don't know if that's exclusively the case.
06-23-15, 12:34 PM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It's not, the problem is fixed and shouldn't happen anymore when I release today (waiting for my lunch time) ... it didn't matter what zone you were in, it happened when the window wanted to resize itself and couldn't due to combat lockdowns
06-27-15, 05:20 PM   #9
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
it has been a hectic few days i am sorry i'm just now getting back to this

Rythal, thank you so much for the update

hubby and i both just updated carbonite so i'll let you know if his arrow finally quits running away

thank you to the rest of you that tried to help as well, it means a lot to have people who try to help one another out ..kudos to you all
06-27-15, 09:11 PM   #10
timidangel
A Fallenroot Satyr
we played all evening, and his arrow never ran away once he is happy and that makes me happy lol....thank you again , can't live without our carbonite

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » seems FIXED: Quest Arrow Disappearing