12-28-09, 11:39 AM   #1
ahogfan777
A Defias Bandit
Herb Nodes not showing on Map

Been using Carb 1 year now without issue. 12 hours ago from this post it worked fine. Nothing has changed on my end but now I cannot get Carb to pick up the live node icons (yellow dots) from the minimap. I have done the following to troubleshoot:

ReloadUI
Disable/enable addon
Reset all options
Delete Carb Files and reinstall

As you can see from the attached screenshot I am next to a live herb node yet no "yellow dot" on my Carb Map. Yes Track Herbs is on. I have my minimap loaded into my Carb map. Not sure what's up...like I said was working like a champ a few hours ago. Maybe a 1d10t error. Thx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_122809_123402.jpeg
Views:	2093
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	3774  

12-28-09, 11:53 AM   #2
ahogfan777
A Defias Bandit
Problem solved crisis averted. Took minimap to full size within the Carb map then overlayed Carb again. Not sure why that worked. You guys make a great product. Keep it up.

01-19-10, 02:59 PM   #3
azndude88
A Kobold Labourer
I have a similar problem, none of my nodes (herbs, veins, fish, quests, etc.) works. The nodes rotate around the map as I turn. What did you do to solve your problem, it might solve mine too? I'm not sure what you meant by taking minimap to full size and overlaying carb map.

01-26-10, 12:48 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by azndude88 View Post
I have a similar problem, none of my nodes (herbs, veins, fish, quests, etc.) works. The nodes rotate around the map as I turn.
Press Esc, click Interface, click Display and uncheck Rotate Minimap.

01-30-10, 07:17 PM   #5
khoinoor
Premium Member

I have same problem... even if I am standing on top of an herb gather yellow dot, nothing appear on my minimap.
Already followed all instructions above (expand and resize again the map) and also unchecked the "turn minimap" option but nothing changed.

What can i do more to fix this issue?

02-03-10, 12:24 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by khoinoor View Post
I have same problem... even if I am standing on top of an herb gather yellow dot, nothing appear on my minimap.
Already followed all instructions above (expand and resize again the map) and also unchecked the "turn minimap" option but nothing changed.
Right click the Carb map, select Show and make sure "Show Herb Locations" is checked. You will then see those for the selected zone on the Carb map. If you are zoomed out far, they will not be drawn, so you may need to zoom in some.

By default your gather herb data will be empty and it will add herbs as you gather them. Did you import the herbs from CarboniteNodes database?

From the CarboniteReadMe.txt file in the Carbonite addon folder:

-- Carbonite Nodes

CarboniteNodes is a simple data addon that contains predefined locations for Herbalism and Mining. It is a load on demand addon, which means it is not actually loaded until you import data from it into Carbonite.

To import the data into Carbonite's gather data, you right click the Carbonite minimap button, select "Options" and select the Guide page of Options window. You would then left click the text that says "Import Carbonite Nodes Herbalism locations" to get the herbs and "Import Carbonite Nodes Mining locations" to get the mining data.

02-04-10, 05:00 AM   #7
khoinoor
Premium Member

thx, now my herb nodes appear again on map.. seems I forgot to check the "show" part you suggested ^^

02-07-10, 04:25 PM   #8
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Still missing

Well the solutions posted here didn't help my situation..

If I tell the minimap to NOT merge with carbonite.. everything is fine.

If I merge it with the Carbonite map: Options --> Map Minimap --> Move Minimap into carbonite... Then The YELLOW tracking icons disappear.

I've checked to make sure it's set to show 'nodes'.. but all that does is toggle the 'previously gathered' icons, and has no effect on the actual current tracking items.

This didn't happen prior to the last WoW patch.. everything was working fine.

I also noticed that the 'circle' which used to indicate the normal minimap inside my carbonite, is also gone... I'm wondering if perhaps the frame layer has changed and it's 'behind' the carbonite map when docked now?
Is there a way to check/change that?

EDIT:

Ok no clue WHY this worked, but in case others are having this problem.. here's what I just did to correct the issue (not sure if it survives a logout.. but for now...)

Step 1 - Undock the minimap via Carbonite Optoins
Step 2 - Right click on the TITLE bar of the Carbonite Minimap, and change the "Layer" to 1 (Mine was set at 2)
Step 3 - Redock the minimap via Carbonite options and all should be fine..

Since it's been docked, I've changed the layer from 1 to 2 to 3 and so far I've not noticed any change... it's as if modifying the layer perhaps reset something that wasn't set properly.

Anyway.. for those whom the above solution does not work.. try that

Last edited by Meraxes : 02-07-10 at 04:34 PM.

02-10-10, 10:01 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Meraxes View Post
I also noticed that the 'circle' which used to indicate the normal minimap inside my carbonite, is also gone... I'm wondering if perhaps the frame layer has changed and it's 'behind' the carbonite map when docked now?
I don't think Blizzard changed anything with that or we would have seen it on the two computers that my son and I play WoW on.

Bugs are sometimes from an odd combination of game or addon settings, which is why sometimes you will see a person have a problem that most others will not have. Changing or resetting settings is the only way around such problems, since I will not have any way to know what is going on or fix it.

Having read only files can cause settings to not change.

09-30-11, 12:08 PM   #10
alelb22
Mr. Kobold

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm having the same issue...
I've tried with everything and I can't make the yellow dots appear on carbo minimap.
Ideas?

The addons I have enabled are:
ACP
Carbonite 4.22
Carbonite Items
Carbonite Nodes
Carbonite Transfer

Screenshoots?
Before gathering:

After gathering:

Thanks for this great addon!

Edit:
The minimap is really zoomed..
The green dot or something like that is the node...
The nodes are showing properly, the problem is the yellow icon.. or whatever is it called. :P

Edit2:
I've tried deleting the Carbonite folders and every reference to Carbonite in my wow Interface folder, and the dots doesn't appear..

Last edited by alelb22 : 09-30-11 at 12:41 PM.

09-30-11, 09:24 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The yellow active node icon will never appear on the Carbonite minimized map without having the Blizzard minimap merged with it.

If you have the Blizzard minimap merged with Carbonites map and have it (the Carbonite map) zoomed in far enough to have the Blizzard minimap appear and dock in the upper left corner of Carbonites minimized map, you will never see the yellow active node icon on the Carbonite map.

The reason for this is that the active node indicator, or icon, only appears on the Blizzard minimap. The reason you can see it on Carbonites map when the Carbonite map and Blizzard minimap are merged is because of the layer level the active node indicator is on. Even though it appears to be being drawn on Carbonites map, it is actually being drawn on Blizzards minimap, but the active node indicator is drawn on a level high enough to be seen above, and appear to be drawn on, Carbonites map.

Personally, I think the reason you are having that problem is because you have your Carbonite map zoomed in pretty far. Try zooming it out more until the Blizzard minimap disappears and the active node indicator will once again be showing up "on" your Carbonite map.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-02-11, 07:08 PM   #12
alelb22
Mr. Kobold

Ok, and how should I merge the Blizz minimap and the carbo one when not in dungeons...?
Thanks for your response!

Edit!!
Ohhh!
I deleted every Carbonite reference and then reinstalled it and with the "minimap dock always" option disabled the nodes are showing like I wanted!!!
(That option is on Carbonite options -> Map minimap)

Last edited by alelb22 : 10-02-11 at 07:20 PM.

10-02-11, 10:44 PM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Glad you got it straightened out.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Herb Nodes not showing on Map