08-05-10, 02:58 PM   #1
nero041001
A Defias Bandit
Will the team be continueing to support and up Carbonite Addon for Cataclysm?

As title:

Will the team be continueing to support and up Carbonite Addon for Cataclysm?

I have read that the developers have not started on an update for cataclysm yet, but I wondered if the team are actually going to continue teh carbonite addon for use with Cataclysm.

tris

08-05-10, 03:05 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

They haven't given us any indication so far that they are planning to stop working on Carbonite as of yet.

If I'm reading this post from Faatal correctly, I would have to say yes* it will be developed for Cataclysm.

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We have not yet started any work on a Cataclysm update. When a Carbonite 4 beta is ready, we will post it for people to test. Then we could start getting data files from testers.

*Purely my opinion and may/may not be correct. Time will tell though.

08-05-10, 03:52 PM   #3
nero041001
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
They haven't given us any indication so far that they are planning to stop working on Carbonite as of yet.

If I'm reading this post from Faatal correctly, I would have to say yes* it will be developed for Cataclysm.

*Purely my opinion and may/may not be correct. Time will tell though.
Here's hoping

Tried wow without any addons and set up the built in bars etc.... and ....

Although I have been playing for just over a year, I had friends recommending addon after addon, and then I found more on my own. So it was the first time I saw it in it's vanilla form.
Found it quite difficult trying to adjust.

tris

ps, also realised this is the first time (second now) I actually posted here Been a reader for over a year.

08-15-10, 10:55 AM   #4
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb

I hope they do aswell... Spent WAY to long interfacing my addon't with Carbonite to lose it! ;-)
Also if they did pack it in I am sure someone would take over. (not sure how the copyright laws and blizzards rules conflict and if they are aloud to say no you can't use our code...)?

Anyway there is one way to help ensure they continue... DONATE! ;-)

Being an addon developer my self I know that positive feedback (lots of it) is a very good motivator! I can't imagine what cold hard cash would do! ;-) LOL

Zas

08-15-10, 11:50 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Zasurus View Post
I hope they do aswell... Spent WAY to long interfacing my addon't with Carbonite to lose it! ;-)
Also if they did pack it in I am sure someone would take over. (not sure how the copyright laws and blizzards rules conflict and if they are aloud to say no you can't use our code...)?

Anyway there is one way to help ensure they continue... DONATE! ;-)

Being an addon developer my self I know that positive feedback (lots of it) is a very good motivator! I can't imagine what cold hard cash would do! ;-) LOL

Zas
Blizzard's rules say nothing as to copyright. If theoretically Carbonite were to cease development and not permit anyone to take up the project they would be well within their rights to do so.

I think it was Haavok who mentioned that nothing is happening at the moment since addons are currently disabled in the beta. One could assume that once they are enabled development will continue.

Conclude how you wish at your own risk.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

08-15-10, 12:23 PM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

We are planning on making Carbonite compatible with the Cataclysm expansion.

Unfortunately we're still in line for beta keys so can't really say more than that right now.

08-21-10, 11:25 AM   #7
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

We got our beta keys today.

08-21-10, 04:21 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Installing the beta now. Hopefully we can get a handle this week on how big the changes are.

09-06-10, 01:41 PM   #9
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Great to hear, I'm glad you guys are so awesome to keep C going forward into Cata.

I hope to send you guys a new donation b4 cata, it's much much deserved. Thank You

09-07-10, 04:03 AM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Installing the beta now. Hopefully we can get a handle this week on how big the changes are.
If you need help gathering data on quests, let me know. There are a bunch of us here that I'm sure would be more than happy to help.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

09-08-10, 10:09 AM   #11
kristjin
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

In Cata Beta now; happy to gather data as I work on the wow-pro addon.

09-08-10, 11:40 PM   #12
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Hey faatal/Havock

Glad to see you guys are gonna continue with Carbonite.

Expect a donation soon from my way .....

09-22-10, 10:32 AM   #13
Kuanbyr
A Defias Bandit
Greetings faatal/Havock

Glad to see that you are now able to work on the Cataclysm version of Carbonite! I really miss it when playing.

I've donated before and will again! Looking forward to the update.

I shall be watching for a beta version of Carbonite so that I can start testing and using it! If Beta Carbonite is by invite only, I would love to be invited and help test it.

Keep up the great work!

10-06-10, 01:47 PM   #14
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
Is there anything we (players & developers) can do to help?

For example data gathering/testing etc... I also have beta access

Regards,

Zas

10-09-10, 10:24 AM   #15
xonefobic
A Murloc Raider

I have beta access on Cata and play on the EU server. (Two beta accounts even now)
Happy to help if need be.

10-11-10, 05:26 AM   #16
Wolfnettle
A Defias Bandit
Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to work on this, I am only one of many who appreciate your effort and time.

10-12-10, 10:43 PM   #17
shadowdragonjpi
A Murloc Raider
This was two months ago, the first cata patch went live today, and not a single update as to what is going on. When are we going to see something?

10-12-10, 11:09 PM   #18
Mallyx
A Murloc Raider
Been using this addon for so long its hard to play without it. I can't find s**t. How much of a donation do I need to pay? I'll pay it if it's under $31. I, like everyone else would just really like to see the project continued.

10-13-10, 12:08 AM   #19
Consto
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Mallyx View Post
Been using this addon for so long its hard to play without it. I can't find s**t. How much of a donation do I need to pay? I'll pay it if it's under $31. I, like everyone else would just really like to see the project continued.
carboniteaddon.com
There is the option to donate when you download the add-on from there. (Still the non-4.0 version atm)

10-13-10, 12:45 AM   #20
artane
A Defias Bandit
Oh Happy Day!

I m so glad to hear that carbonite is not gone! Ever since i got that addon it has been the best thing i've ever used! I had tried questhelper and quickly got rid of that ugh. I simply couldnt live with out my carbonite in wow. I anxiously await the new download.

All the very best,

Artane (a happy destruction warlock )

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will the team be continueing to support and up Carbonite Addon for Cataclysm?