03-31-12, 01:26 AM   #1
venom30
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite Coordinates and Fog of War

I used to play WoW(WotLK). I stopped and now i'm playing again. I got me Carbonite(again), and started. Now i found there are 2 things differnt:

1: Carbonite doesnt show the Coordinates on the Map and not which Area i am in.

2: Before there was a little Fog of War over the Map, but you could see the whole World Map. Now i only see the Area where i am, and i cant see the rest of the World Map.

Can i change that?

03-31-12, 01:52 PM   #2
Taheraliel
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by venom30 View Post
I used to play WoW(WotLK). I stopped and now i'm playing again. I got me Carbonite(again), and started. Now i found there are 2 things differnt:

1: Carbonite doesnt show the Coordinates on the Map and not which Area i am in.

2: Before there was a little Fog of War over the Map, but you could see the whole World Map. Now i only see the Area where i am, and i cant see the rest of the World Map.

Can i change that?
1. a) Open Carbonite configuration (type "/carb options" in chat)
b) Select 'Map' option from the side menu
c) Check the box next to 'Show Coordinates'
2. a) On the same page as above make sure the box next to 'Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map' is checked
b) Select 'Map Minimap' option from the side menu
c) Make sure the box next to 'Move minimap into Carbonite map' is checked

Generally, when you load a new addon you should play around with the options to see what is available. Most addons won't work the way you want them to right out of the box.

03-31-12, 06:18 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For more information on what Carbonite does, and some information on how it can be set up, I highly suggest that you go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and read through the "CarboniteReadMe.txt" plain text file you will find there.

That file, for some odd reason, is still one of Carbonites "best kept secrets".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

04-01-12, 05:36 AM   #4
venom30
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Taheraliel View Post
1. a) Open Carbonite configuration (type "/carb options" in chat)
b) Select 'Map' option from the side menu
c) Check the box next to 'Show Coordinates'
2. a) On the same page as above make sure the box next to 'Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map' is checked
b) Select 'Map Minimap' option from the side menu
c) Make sure the box next to 'Move minimap into Carbonite map' is checked

Generally, when you load a new addon you should play around with the options to see what is available. Most addons won't work the way you want them to right out of the box.
As you can see, i already did that and it didnt help(you can see that in the last 2 Screens):

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...112_133126.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...112_133150.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...112_133217.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...112_133223.jpg

04-01-12, 07:41 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What version of Carbonite/WoW etc are you on? Looks like from the options you may be behind a few versions. That could cause issues too.

04-01-12, 09:44 AM   #6
venom30
A Murloc Raider
From the HP:

http://www.carboniteaddon.com/

04-01-12, 03:31 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My Carbonite maximized map looks the same way, and has for the last couple of WoW updates. It started about the same time I installed the WoW64x client, but that might be a coincidence. Mousing over other zones should make them appear.

On the "Map" page of Carbonites options, see what the "Maximum number of zones to draw at a time <number>" is set to. I think the default is 3, but the most you can set it to is 20. You'll have to mouse over the other zones to make them appear and once you hit the maximum number shown zones will start to hide as other zones are unhidden.

@Vis: He's using Carbonite 4.3, so it's up-to-date.

@venom30: Your last two screen shots, while not totally identical, show the exact same image of Carbonites maximized map. The only thing I could see that was different was the portrait on your unit frame.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-01-12 at 03:46 PM.

04-05-12, 01:17 PM   #8
Taheraliel
A Murloc Raider

For your Fog of War problem right click the map it should open up a dialog menu with one of the options being "Transparency..." select it. On the new dialog there should be a number of sliders that control the transparency of various items on your map. The "Unexplored Terrain" slider is the one that controls your Fog of War.

I believe you have a similar issue with the tooltip and map header transparency setting being set to 0, therefore not displaying.

Hope this helps.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Coordinates and Fog of War