04-07-12, 08:36 AM   #1
newhonl63
A Defias Bandit
Not leaving combat after clear of fights

About half the time after combat or when just passing through an area. I am put in a threat status but nothing is attacking me. Or after I get into a fight and the red threat indicator around my toon is no longer lit. Carbonite still has my icon flashing red and will not allow me to mount up, eat, drink or any activity that you need to be out of combat to perform. This is a real problem if you are low on mana, health or just need to mount up and clear out of there. I am not the only one that is having this problem. My wife and a friend in our guild also has the problem. So that tells me it is not isolated to me only.

Also. The Carbonite 4.3 still has the bug where it tells you" This version of Carbonite is pretty old, go to the Carbonite website to update your Carbonite" Then you go there and the version you have IS up to date.

04-07-12, 09:26 AM   #2
Taheraliel
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by newhonl63 View Post
About half the time after combat or when just passing through an area. I am put in a threat status but nothing is attacking me. Or after I get into a fight and the red threat indicator around my toon is no longer lit. Carbonite still has my icon flashing red and will not allow me to mount up, eat, drink or any activity that you need to be out of combat to perform. This is a real problem if you are low on mana, health or just need to mount up and clear out of there. I am not the only one that is having this problem. My wife and a friend in our guild also has the problem. So that tells me it is not isolated to me only.

Also. The Carbonite 4.3 still has the bug where it tells you" This version of Carbonite is pretty old, go to the Carbonite website to update your Carbonite" Then you go there and the version you have IS up to date.
The first problem is unrelated to Carbonite, it's a game problem. There is likely a 'stuck' mob that has aggro-ed on you and can't reach you, carbonite is just displaying the information the game is sending.

The second is just a line of code in the addon that has a preset point where it will pop-up that message. The solution is found in this thread: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43125

05-07-12, 05:21 PM   #3
newhonl63
A Defias Bandit
Mob stuck, has us aggro'ed not allowing us to mount up

Hmmmm..............Well, you explanation on the hidden aggroing mob would seem to be something I can buy into out in the field, but I was doing the Org quest "Everything goes with Bacon", I killed everything on the screen and in the pen to get the 5 quest items I needed and it still would not allow me to mount up or anything. I seriously doubt there was any hidden aggro monster there to keep me from mounting up.

Being level 85, I don't think anything would aggro me unless I was right on top of it. Be that as it may. If it is a game issue. Should we contact Blizzard or report it as a bug to them? Or do you have that information to them already?

05-07-12, 11:06 PM   #4
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by newhonl63 View Post
Hmmmm..............Well, you explanation on the hidden aggroing mob would seem to be something I can buy into out in the field, but I was doing the Org quest "Everything goes with Bacon", I killed everything on the screen and in the pen to get the 5 quest items I needed and it still would not allow me to mount up or anything. I seriously doubt there was any hidden aggro monster there to keep me from mounting up.

Being level 85, I don't think anything would aggro me unless I was right on top of it. Be that as it may. If it is a game issue. Should we contact Blizzard or report it as a bug to them? Or do you have that information to them already?
As for the aggro/threat thing, and as far as my knowledge about the game goes, an addon is not capable of causing you entering/leaving combat. If they we're, we would be able to control the "in-combat" status and thus Rogues for example wouldn't need Vanish, would they?

Have you seen this aggro/threat issue happening anywhere else? Or was it only on that location during that quest? There has always been a "bug" or some kind of issue that cause you to not leave combat after entering it, and I have no way of telling what causes it but I'd bet my next monthly payment it has nothing at all to do with addons. It has happened to me a lot of times during my 6 years of WoW, and I've never used carbonite.

And the version-issue with carbonite, one of the authors recently made a post on the forums regarding an update they released only a couple of days ago that adresses that issue.

Here's the link to that thread.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Not leaving combat after clear of fights