07-03-14, 05:08 PM   #3501
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Phewx2 View Post
The categories Cool Stuff and Junk work but if I try to put something in other categories like Consumables and Trade Goods nothing happens and the items stay in the New Items container.
Any idea how to solve this?
You can either pick "Mark as Known" from the dropdown menu, or the "Reset New" button on the bottom right of the Inventory section

07-04-14, 01:48 AM   #3502
shahad
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I disabled weakauras skinning, but RealUI is still showing it's own timers in the lower left corner of my weakauras in addition to the timer value of the weakauras themselves.

07-04-14, 03:16 PM   #3503
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by shahad View Post
I disabled weakauras skinning, but RealUI is still showing it's own timers in the lower left corner of my weakauras in addition to the timer value of the weakauras themselves.
Thats because the cooldown numbers that RealUI adds is attached the the cooldown model itself. The only way to remove it is to disable that feature entirely, but then you wouldn't have them on your bars. You can disable the cooldown count at /realui -> Advanced Settings -> Modules -> Cooldown Count

If you dont want to disable this feature, there are two options. 1) You can uncheck the cooldown option on the WeakAura display and use %p to display the cooldown text or 2) Keep the cooldown display and change the text setting.

07-05-14, 05:51 PM   #3504
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Need *Huge* Unit Frames Option

I've been using RealUI for a month solid now, and like all new things, it has taken some getting used to.

As a healer, with everything built around the Grid, it's beautiful and amazing. I don't really need to see my own unit frame, because my health is right there in the Grid.

However, as a tank/DPS where I need to see my own health, the tiny unit frames and the grey background with red building left just don't cut it for me. I'm dead before I even notice I'm in trouble.

I know there is a low-res and a high-rez build to the unit frames, and I have the larger, hi-rez version on. Is there any way we can get/I can tweak the unit frames to be roughly the same size and color scheme as the defaults? The thought of going back to my own mish-mash makes me a little sad, since RealUI looks so nice, but I need need NEED big, bold unit frames to catch my attention if I happen to be taking damage.

07-06-14, 10:06 PM   #3505
notexactly
A Defias Bandit
RealUI installation Issue.

Hi Community,

Been using RealUI for a couple of years.

Yesterday I had a switch in com and now I am running bootcamp Windows 8.1
Due to lack of internal HDD space. My wow is currently running off an external HDD.

Installation of wow went well but when I when I copy paste RealUI's Interface folder into my wow root folder and proceed to logging into wow.

The usual RealUI Installation popup within wow, doesnt appear. On top of that. This character, quest, guild blah blah interface has a glitch on them.

Was wondering if its because my Wow isnt at the default location (meaning its not in the windows' program files)

Does RealUI has any setting that points there?

Or could it be My wow installation is currently @ "Playable" stage (not 100% complete). Was rushing to work hence didnt let it finish patching.

Can anyone point out some possibilities that might be my issue here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

07-07-14, 12:32 AM   #3506
Ashyarrows
A Defias Bandit
any plans to make this UI compatible with beta once addons are enabled?

07-07-14, 09:24 AM   #3507
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
After more fiddling with the config files, I've found what I was looking for. Not sure how I overlooked it before, but unchecking text wrap on notepad sure made a huge difference in readability. (Not sure why it was even on to begin with!)

It appears that the backgrounds and overlays are static images and that the animated damage/absorb/power bars are generated dynamically within WoW. Making the dynamic bits 3x taller and repositioning text and indictators was easy...now it appears I'll need to tweak the background and some of the end-bar artwork to match.

Depending on the quality of the product when I'm done, I'd like to offer up the completed files as a third "resolution" option for inclusion in the next build, if such a thing isn't too difficult to implement.

07-07-14, 09:52 AM   #3508
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Alright, using Paint.Net to triple the height of:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\nibRealUI\HuD\UnitFrames\Media\2\F1_Health_Bar and
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\nibRealUI\HuD\UnitFrames\Media\2\F1_Health_Surround

didn't work as smoothly as I had hoped. The surrounding box disappeared completely, and the health bar background became three times as long (not high), bright green, and opaque over damage-done and absorbs. Doubling the size of the triangular end-bars had no effect at all.

Since these are static images painted over the ground, I can't imagine that a change in their size should require a change in the config file, other than of course nudging them into position.

Thoughts on how to tweak this images properly?

Last edited by Elysdeon : 07-07-14 at 10:07 AM.

07-07-14, 03:26 PM   #3509
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hardcoded

Two discoveries:

1) These graphics files are very picky about how they are edited. I found a way to get them to edit nicely without the odd effects in the above screenshot.

2) When edited to be taller, it was clear the UI code was squishing the background image down, so I went looking for the variable to tweak. Turns out there is no variable, and the UnitFrame bars are hardcoded to be 16 pixels tall. I can tweak that to get the results I want, but that will make potentially adding this as a 3rd layout option a task beyond my current ability.

I'll post screenshots of the final results in a few days when it is all tweaked to my satisfaction!

07-07-14, 07:34 PM   #3510
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm trying to make the unit frames 39 pixels tall. For reference, the hi-rez version is 13 pixels tall (the .tga border is one pixel larger on each side, making it a total of 15 pixels tall). To keep the angles right when everything is imported, I need to scale up the .tga files pixel-for-pixel. However, when I make any .tga file larger than 32 pixels tall, I get a display error similar to the one in the screenshot above. I can't think of any particular place to troubleshoot this bug.

I use the same .tga editing techniques to go from 32 pixels to 33 as I did from 13 to 32, and have tried multiple times, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

If I can't get this to work, I think my next attempt will be to use the extra width in the .tga files (up to 512 pixels) to drag them out to scale that way in order to preserve the angles.

Thoughts?

07-08-14, 03:29 AM   #3511
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by notexactly View Post
Hi Community,

Been using RealUI for a couple of years.

Yesterday I had a switch in com and now I am running bootcamp Windows 8.1
Due to lack of internal HDD space. My wow is currently running off an external HDD.

Installation of wow went well but when I when I copy paste RealUI's Interface folder into my wow root folder and proceed to logging into wow.

The usual RealUI Installation popup within wow, doesnt appear. On top of that. This character, quest, guild blah blah interface has a glitch on them.

Was wondering if its because my Wow isnt at the default location (meaning its not in the windows' program files)

Does RealUI has any setting that points there?

Or could it be My wow installation is currently @ "Playable" stage (not 100% complete). Was rushing to work hence didnt let it finish patching.

Can anyone point out some possibilities that might be my issue here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Where you have WoW installed has no barring on how RealUI, or any other addon for that matter, works. You just need to make sure it's put in the correct place.

Could you PM me a screenshot of your AddOns folder?

Originally Posted by Ashyarrows View Post
any plans to make this UI compatible with beta once addons are enabled?
Absolutely. I have been playing the beta and have already made some preparations.

Elysdeon: I'll look into adding this for the 6.0 update. As you already noticed, quite a bit is hard-coded so this won't be a small change. Send me a PM of what you have.

07-08-14, 04:45 PM   #3512
paulfunyan
A Defias Bandit
just recently downloaded the update and started having a weird problem. whenever i get a strongbox or something of the like where i can't shift click to loot, i won't be able to hover over the items at all. can't click them, see the tooltip or anything. sometimes closing it and reopening works but most of the time i have to /reload. any idea?

07-08-14, 06:50 PM   #3513
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
PM Sent.

Do you have an explanation handy for the 32 pixel limit/an idea for getting around it? If not, I'm going to scale my plan back from making this version at 39 pixels tall down to 32 pixels tall.

My coding abilities are limited and self-taught, but I'll be happy to provide the proof-of-concept as I chug away at this larger configuration. Converting from hard-code changes to selectable options is probably beyond my skills and time.

07-08-14, 08:04 PM   #3514
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Update:

I decided to work with the apparent 32-pixel limit on the health bar height. The animated health bar, the background, and the border are all perfectly aligned. The absorb bar's bottom row of pixels covers the border for some reason that I will dig into later.

I'm halfway through adjusting the power bar. Right now the animated power bar lines up with the end of the health bar (note that in the screenshot, I'm at 90, not 100 runic power). I'm going to tinker with the position/size of the power bar and the combat/resting, afk/leader indicators until it looks nice and aligned. Then I'm going to fix the background/border artwork. I don't see the same variables that I saw for health that squished/stretched the artwork, so I assume that when I adjust the source file I'll get a 1:1 change in the in-game image.

Next I'll get the angled end brackets scaled to the right size, lined up, and do a final pass to line up all the player and target health bar, power bar, indicators, and text boxes. After that I plan to reverse the direction of the bar and the background color: I want the background to be green and damage to be red, and damage to creep from the outside inward, so that as red gets closer to the center of my field of vision, it becomes more obvious and more urgent. I see some code that deals with reversing direction in a couple places pertaining to both health and power, so I'll tinker with that and see what happens.

Ultimately, the focus and target-of-target will get similar treatment, because as a tank, I need to be able to track my fellow tank's status and see his debuffs easily.

Last edited by Elysdeon : 07-08-14 at 08:07 PM.

07-08-14, 11:25 PM   #3515
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Elysdeon View Post
PM Sent.

Do you have an explanation handy for the 32 pixel limit/an idea for getting around it? If not, I'm going to scale my plan back from making this version at 39 pixels tall down to 32 pixels tall.

My coding abilities are limited and self-taught, but I'll be happy to provide the proof-of-concept as I chug away at this larger configuration. Converting from hard-code changes to selectable options is probably beyond my skills and time.
Images in WoW need to have dimensions that are a power of 2. e.g. 16, 32, 64, etc. if it is not, the game just displays a green texture.

07-09-14, 06:51 PM   #3516
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Power Bar, Status Boxes, and End Boxes

Power Bar, Status Boxes, and End Boxes are all now properly sized and aligned.

Tomorrow project will be reversing animation on the health bars and changing the background color. Any pointers or hints are appreciated!

Edit: Just noticed the range text and the arrow/lightning icons are floating off in space. I'll have to tweak those tomorrow as well.

07-11-14, 08:37 AM   #3517
paulfunyan
A Defias Bandit
still can't loot without reloading... any help? it's really annoying and while i like realui it's not worth putting up with this

07-11-14, 08:43 AM   #3518
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by paulfunyan View Post
still can't loot without reloading... any help? it's really annoying and while i like realui it's not worth putting up with this
This really sounds like an issue with another addon. I strongly doubt that RealUI is causing this issue. I've been using RealUI for awhile now, and I haven't ever seen an issue similar to yours. At one point, I was using XLoot instead of RealUI's looting feature, but I was experiencing issues seeing the Bonus Loot roll window so I reverted back to just using RealUI's looting. However, never experienced an issue similar to yours.
I recommend disabling all addons except RealUI to see if the issue still occurs. If it doesn't, then start enabling one addon at a time to find which addon is causing the issue. If disabling all addons but RealUI does fix the issue, then I recommend reinstalling RealUI and see if that helps. If the issue persists, you should consider completely removing your Interfaces and WTF folders (CAUTION: will remove all addons and settings and you will need to reset, so back up first).

07-11-14, 09:30 AM   #3519
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Elysdeon View Post
Power Bar, Status Boxes, and End Boxes are all now properly sized and aligned.

Tomorrow project will be reversing animation on the health bars and changing the background color. Any pointers or hints are appreciated!

Edit: Just noticed the range text and the arrow/lightning icons are floating off in space. I'll have to tweak those tomorrow as well.

Good progress man, keep it up excited to see final product.

07-12-14, 05:44 PM   #3520
Maddoxx
A Cyclonian
Chat font

Hi
when I log in my Chat font resets to standard
how can I fix it within the lua?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI