11-27-14, 02:09 PM   #441
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

Carbonite download

Originally Posted by Urtia View Post
OK I must be totally dumb here is there a working beta of Carbonite? If so where can i get it? Im losing my marbles here with out my square map, I truly hate Blizz's tiny circle map
https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite

put the contents of the Carbonite-master folder in your Interface/addon folder (not the Carbonite-master *folder* ... just its contents)

11-27-14, 02:10 PM   #442
Bondscape
A Kobold Labourer

Treferimore - how to

Originally Posted by Treferimore View Post
I can't seem to get the addon to open at all. download it. send it all to the interface/addon tab in wow, and still won't work. help a slightly computer illiterate brother out
Is it the file from github? You need to copy what's in the master map, directly into the addon map (Carbonite, etc) and overwrite the old files/folders. The recent version didn't worked for me, tho - I got lag beyond the lag nasa has with the comet thing, luckly I had the former carbonite-master.zip version still on hd. In a few weeks I'll look if there is an new version to try

Even it is still a little bit bugged, most of it works again and I'm very, very, very, very happy all of you heroes are working on it!!!
*bows*

11-27-14, 03:43 PM   #443
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by LustSinister View Post
I'm having the same problem as well but I'm sure it will be fixed shortly and I can't wait. Till then I just reinstalled the one previous to the recent push.
I had this problem previously too i had to disable moveanything. it also interfered with squaremap and sexy map. I dunno if the current version of carbonite corrects this as i haven't tried just yet.

11-27-14, 07:55 PM   #444
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Fathersin View Post
I had this problem previously too i had to disable moveanything. it also interfered with squaremap and sexy map. I dunno if the current version of carbonite corrects this as i haven't tried just yet.
I use moveanything and im not getting any interaction bugs or addon issues with them. The only things I've noticed are things posted here, and really so far so smooth. I just turn it off for quests with the new progress bar as its not in there yet. Great work!!

11-27-14, 09:06 PM   #445
Treferimore
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Bondscape View Post
Is it the file from github? You need to copy what's in the master map, directly into the addon map (Carbonite, etc) and overwrite the old files/folders. The recent version didn't worked for me, tho - I got lag beyond the lag nasa has with the comet thing, luckly I had the former carbonite-master.zip version still on hd. In a few weeks I'll look if there is an new version to try

Even it is still a little bit bugged, most of it works again and I'm very, very, very, very happy all of you heroes are working on it!!!
*bows*
got it worked out.. thanks

11-28-14, 01:13 AM   #446
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
pushed the fix for quest log hiding, and for new quests not being tracked properly unless you /reload or relog, and the quest list saying all quests are dailies.

Took me a bit to trace the tracking issue so even thou i'm through the portal now I still haven't gotten to garrison to work on that.

I understand there's an issue with a new quest tracking type, how far into draenor do you need to go before you encounter this new quest type?

11-28-14, 01:17 AM   #447
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
pushed the fix for quest log hiding, and for new quests not being tracked properly unless you /reload or relog, and the quest list saying all quests are dailies.

Took me a bit to trace the tracking issue so even thou i'm through the portal now I still haven't gotten to garrison to work on that.

I understand there's an issue with a new quest tracking type, how far into draenor do you need to go before you encounter this new quest type?
If you're talking about the daily zones with the completion bar, I dunno when one will show up at first, but you get them for doing the 100 dailies.

EDIT: Also, noticed Blackrock Spire wasn't working properly on the map. Just stuck in the void, had to disable the mod to do the dungeon.

11-28-14, 03:14 AM   #448
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

I Think rythal has asked for Bonus quest Type,

if you have a look on the Blizz map after you have garrison you will see 3 (on ally side) marks with this, It's a Zone you get bonus "quest" just by entering this Zone and after completion you get your rewards no ! or ? Symbol for this questtype

Greetings Samyonair

11-28-14, 03:27 AM   #449
Dreampaw
A Kobold Labourer
:d

hey guys just wanted to say happy thanksgiving too all. and i also wanted to thank you for working on the carbonite addon. i cant wait till it is working again so i can play wow. i am unable to really play wow without the addon due to my bad vision. i need the map to navigate. i am waiting paitently so no rush. i just wanted to say happy thanksgiving and Thank you <3

11-28-14, 07:40 AM   #450
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons

You need to reach lvl 100, then you can get an "Assault" daily at your Garrison.
When you walk into quest POI an extra progress bar will show up, just like the proving grounds timer bar.

Seems like there's a new api GetQuestProgressBarPercent(questID)
In Blizzard_BonusObjectiveTracker.lua:
lua Code:
  1. -- *****************************************************************************************************
  2. -- ***** PROGRESS BAR
  3. -- *****************************************************************************************************
  4. function BONUS_OBJECTIVE_TRACKER_MODULE:AddProgressBar(block, line, questID, finished)
  5.     local progressBar = self.usedProgressBars[block] and self.usedProgressBars[block][line];
  6.     if ( not progressBar ) then
  7.         local numFreeProgressBars = #self.freeProgressBars;
  8.         local parent = block.ScrollContents or block;
  9.         if ( numFreeProgressBars > 0 ) then
  10.             progressBar = self.freeProgressBars[numFreeProgressBars];
  11.             tremove(self.freeProgressBars, numFreeProgressBars);
  12.             progressBar:SetParent(parent);
  13.             progressBar:Show();
  14.         else
  15.             progressBar = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, parent, "BonusTrackerProgressBarTemplate");
  16.             progressBar.height = progressBar:GetHeight();
  17.         end
  18.         if ( not self.usedProgressBars[block] ) then
  19.             self.usedProgressBars[block] = { };
  20.         end
  21.         self.usedProgressBars[block][line] = progressBar;
  22.         progressBar:RegisterEvent("QUEST_LOG_UPDATE");
  23.         progressBar:Show();
  24.         progressBar.Bar.Label:Hide();
  25.         -- initialize to the right values
  26.         progressBar.questID = questID;
  27.         if( not finished ) then
  28.             BonusObjectiveTrackerProgressBar_SetValue( progressBar, GetQuestProgressBarPercent(questID) );
  29.         end
  30.     end
  31.     -- anchor the status bar
  32.     local anchor = block.currentLine or block.HeaderText;
  33.     if ( anchor ) then
  34.         progressBar:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", anchor, "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, -block.module.lineSpacing);
  35.     else
  36.         progressBar:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, -block.module.lineSpacing);
  37.     end
  39.     if( finished ) then
  40.         progressBar.finished = true;
  41.         BonusObjectiveTrackerProgressBar_SetValue( progressBar, 100 );
  42.     end
  44.     progressBar.block = block;
  45.     progressBar.questID = questID;  
  47.     line.ProgressBar = progressBar;
  48.     block.height = block.height + progressBar.height + block.module.lineSpacing;
  49.     block.currentLine = progressBar;
  50.     return progressBar;
  51. end

Last edited by Eternal_Lynx : 11-28-14 at 07:47 AM.

11-28-14, 08:50 AM   #451
PotBelly
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Treferimore View Post
I can't seem to get the addon to open at all. download it. send it all to the interface/addon tab in wow, and still won't work. help a slightly computer illiterate brother out
Make sure to take all folders out of the Master folder.

IE:

C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite

and not

C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite-master

11-28-14, 01:29 PM   #452
Urtia
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by beastieboy442 View Post
https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite

put the contents of the Carbonite-master folder in your Interface/addon folder (not the Carbonite-master *folder* ... just its contents)
Thank you soo much there Beastieboy

11-28-14, 05:09 PM   #453
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Urtia View Post
Thank you soo much there Beastieboy
No Problem ... least I can do for a fellow Carbaholic.

11-29-14, 01:31 AM   #454
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Garrisons should be fixed now. (really this time lol)

Barring any major issue's discovered before tomorrow night, i'm going to publicly release it.

I know of 2 outstanding issue's:

Warehouse doesn't yet support reagent bank
Quest tracker doesn't yet support tracking the new level 100 dailies.

11-29-14, 02:33 AM   #455
BigFuzzyNugz
A Defias Bandit
Talking

Garrisons should be fixed now. (really this time lol)

Barring any major issue's discovered before tomorrow night, i'm going to publicly release it.

I know of 2 outstanding issue's:

Warehouse doesn't yet support reagent bank
Perfect so far only thing is its spamming me with "there are too many errors in your UI" will this be fixed by release? or is there something I can do

Appreciate everything your doing been using this for years

11-29-14, 04:23 AM   #456
Skellionz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yeah i had a repeating string of errors every 1 second doing ubrs. i have to disable carbonite.

11-29-14, 07:40 AM   #457
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Can we help you in any way to get that running?

11-29-14, 08:50 AM   #458
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Skellionz View Post
yeah i had a repeating string of errors every 1 second doing ubrs. i have to disable carbonite.
I encountered this as well last night. I was half asleep though so failed to copy/paste the chat box spam, but I think it what was said up there. Trying newest release now

11-29-14, 09:21 AM   #459
yourkilla
A Fallenroot Satyr

hello again helpers and Rythal

I have noticed all the awesome work going into this and am very grateful! Im aware you are all working on different areas in need of attention. I cannot find the link to the bug forum any longer it seems it is burried deep in the thread. lol anyways a minor issue ive noticed involving the maps is that a few of the Battle Ground maps that used to work are no longer working and im not to sure if anyone has thought to mention it to you all while you were working the new maps. Just a tidbit id noticed and wanted to bring to light if not. Thank you ALL again for busting it out for us all to enjoy once again!!

11-29-14, 09:43 AM   #460
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
>.> which BG are you having problems with, as I went into every BG testing to make sure they worked not to long ago.

I'll try and figure out UBRS problem right now.

----

Well crap, gotta be level 100 to enter it, so much for that idea.. I'll need bug reports to fix it.

Last edited by Rythal : 11-29-14 at 09:57 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch