03-14-10, 11:12 AM   #1
ladybadone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest Icons

How do I get the ? and ! point to show for quests on the map. It is showing scrolls for them.
Thanks

03-14-10, 11:53 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ladybadone View Post
How do I get the ? and ! point to show for quests on the map. It is showing scrolls for them.
Thanks
That is normal Carbonite behavior. The "?" and "!" icons are used on the Blizzard maps only. For Carbonite, as far as I know, it has always been this way. I don't know if those icons are not accessible to addons or they (the Carbonite developers) just decided to use their own icon system.

03-14-10, 11:58 AM   #3
ladybadone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmm I was trying to find out for a friend that has it and he has the scrolls showing. I use carbonite too and it has always showed the ? and !. lol wonder what it is.

03-15-10, 01:32 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you're right, you're right, and I'm just not right.

Originally Posted by ladybadone View Post
Hmm I was trying to find out for a friend that has it and he has the scrolls showing. I use carbonite too and it has always showed the ? and !. lol wonder what it is.
OK, now that I've gone back, played WoW and actually payed attention...... Y'know, I never really noticed that Carbonite's maps use the "!" and "?" symbols also, and I must apologize for my misinformation. It's compounded by the fact that the only thing I really use Blizzard's minimap (or world map, even) for is to see the "golden B B's" for ore or herb nodes, and the occasional instance run (for the instance map [and yes, I know you can get the maps with Carbonite, I just like how Blizz does it automatically] that follows me around).

That being said, If your friend doesn't want the parchment quest giver icons, simply go to your Quest Watch header, and look at the third radio button from the left. It should be "lit up" with either a yellow or blue color. Yellow means all quest givers (both regular and daily) are shown on the map, while blue shows only daily quest givers. Click on it until it is "dark", and your parchment icons will be gone.

Again, I apologize for the misinformation.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Icons