07-13-07, 05:44 PM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A MazzleUI Review

Hmm...apparently WoWInsider has a new review of the UI. Unlike the first one which was oddly fixated on Mazzlegasms, this one is much nicer and full of content: "The Creamy GUI Center: MazzleUI"

The user comments, as usual, leave something to be desired though.
07-13-07, 07:40 PM   #2
trezy
A Cliff Giant
Mazzlefizz I feel so sorry for you. You put so much work into this UI and I don't think anyone really appreciates it. But what can I say, humans complain its what we do.

All I can say is I love everything to do with MazzleUI, it is excellent and if you are not completely dense you can make sense of it. Common sense is all you need to work MazzleUI correctly.

I will be sending a donation once I get paid.

Cheers Mazzle, Keep up the great work.
07-13-07, 07:58 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I;unlike most of the people who left comments on that review, actually love your UI. That's the reason I made the Discord skin for it. But, since my computer only has 256mb of RAM, I can't playw with it without getting 2fps I also have a problem with leaving my own UI, but once I get more RAM (hopefully soon) I'm gonna use Mazzle UI .

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-13-07, 08:09 PM   #4
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I don't really see these being all that bad of comments. Sure there are 2 blazing ones, but if we try to make everyone happy, we will fail. I do think that this does point out the one big thing people need to know before trying out MazzleUI, you get what you see.

I want MazzleUI for the layout, I don't want to add little things to it and move things and modify this and that. One of MazzleUIs main draws to me is that I can sit down at any computer, load it and POOF my at home WoWing experience is now with me.

I always tell people that Mazzle is not for the tame of heart or the really picky. Its a VERY specific brand of UI, which I happen to be totally hooked on, but others may not like what they are getting.

Since one part of this needs to not start with "I" theres one final thing to say, and this is to everyone else out there, "If you don't like, don't use it." I'm dead sick of watching people be complete JERKS because their taste is different then others. And if any of you have happen to notice I try my hardest to always give an answer whether its in the faq or not. I'm very fair minded and if its pissing me off its gotta be boiling others blood.

Alright, ranting is done and I'm outa to play some WoW.
07-13-07, 08:16 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Honestly I've been using MazzUI for a few months now, and yes it was intimidating a bit at first, and admittedly if i wasn't using a 42" LCD to play... the scale is a bit small for some... but seriously... you have anything and everything you could need at your fingertips... so what if you need to change a keybinding... give me an actionbar addon you know that when you install it probes your brain, lays it out, and binds em for you when you load up... i don't know any... so unless you're using the default UI... you'd have to setup and keybind anyhow...

also the whole mail thing... is to track when you're online... it also tracks all AH info as far as sales and time outs as you play... so at a glance without running back to the mailbox you can go... oh that mail icon means the 48000 light leather i put up last night for 10g a pop didn't sell... and you don't run back to town... the reason it reads 0... you got no mail while logged in...

As far as figuring out... really apart from realizing the few artwork "hotspots" you can click and that the "MazzleUI" logo is actually a button, the whole interface just works out of the box and makes sense... there shouldn't be 2 days of figuring things out... its set up and running after 10 minutes... i'd honestly consider this UI to be a bit on the advanced side functionality wise, but definitely not in use...

And for the record :P I'm not Mazz before anyone throws the flag in... I'm just someone who enjoys using an interface that has honestly changed the game for me to the better..

Also as far as the ZOMG PATCH BROKE MY UI thing... he usually has fixes in the forums same day and a patch released soon that makes it functional... also he's worked on making MazzUI much for WoWAceUpdater friendly... IF YOU READ THE FAQ... so really downtime on Mazz is very few and far between.

Just figured i'd post my experience and 2 cents on the issue
Best comment there.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-14-07, 03:08 AM   #6
ladybadone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well as the Vet I worked for in the states said, he read a survey done about customer services ect. In this survey basically, if you have 100 clients and 87 of those are totally happy only a few of those will actually say so or recommend you to others. However you have 13 out of the 100 that where not happy... Most of those 13 people will be glad to tell people that they where not happy , even strangers. I guess its just human nature to complain.
So for every 100 people that use this UI you can figure that most of them are happy. The ones that complain just love to complain and waste their time doing it.
So as we say in VoM
Rock the Nation!
http://wow.vikingsofmidgard.com/

Last edited by ladybadone : 07-14-07 at 03:13 AM.
07-14-07, 05:32 AM   #7
malad
A Murloc Raider
If people are going to ***** about FPS issues, they should post their computer specs and process lists.

It's a fantastic compilation.
07-14-07, 06:39 AM   #8
mfrnka
Premium Member
MazzleUI is a wonderful UI. Don't let the vocal "spoon-feed me so I don't have to hurt my brain" crowd diminish your sense of satisfaction. Your UI has helped MANY of us enjoy WOW in new and better ways.

If your machine cannot handle it, the fonts are too small, or you cannot figure out how to close the context menu, then it's not for you. There are plenty of us that do very VERY well with this UI. Mazzle and the support team has shown an amazing amount of patience putting together the FAQ and answering questions in the support thread. No other UI even attempts to provide this level of documentation. Yet, there are still complaints... *boggle*

It is not said nearly enough, thanks Mazzle!!
07-14-07, 07:04 AM   #9
Najica
A Murloc Raider
MazzleUI is fantastic. No contradiction. Everything else is just a "mimimi" in my humble opinion. They don't know what's good for them. In Germany we say, "Perlen vor die Saeue werfen". Unfortunately I don't know the correct English translation (maybe it's "cast pearls before swine").

Mazzle, keep up the great work and don't let it get you down.
07-14-07, 09:17 AM   #10
Admiral
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'd like to offer my two cents about the review and the product altogther.

Please read it carefully, if I seem critical, keeping reading- I should recant any strong criticism.

BobDob at one point calls out PrimeNumbers are being a noob. While he might have felt Mazzle was being attacked, unfairly, and that caused a strong reaction. I can readily see wanting to protect someone who has labored so much to give a product to others with no expectation of gain. However, in there you see part of the problem for new users. I think there is a disconnect in the definition of noob itself.

I play a 27 level hunter as my main. I've tried all the classes and all the races, and most combinations thereof. I play WoW at the beginning and had to leave for a few years because I lived on a campus setting where the IT Department locked down all the ports on the server. Now I'm back after the release of BC. I've never been to End game, and my highest character ever was 36th level. On the other hand, I know how to manage aggro, work as a team, train my pet, buy and sell wisely at the AH, and I know not to spam the channels, and go to Thottbot or Alakhazam for quest questions, and Crafter's Tome for craft advice. I'm fairly self-sufficient and know where to find my own answers if I need to.. Am I strictly a noob?

(and I'll reconnect this back to Mazzle UI now)

As far as UI's are concerned, all I've ever used in my life is CT Core to break out my action bars, and Gatherer. And that's all. Last night, I thought it would be handy to install Mazzle.

Lord Almighty.

And I was angry at Mazzle at first, irrationally. And I got over it. But game familiarity should not be confused with familiarity with the common add-ons that Mazzle utilizes.. therein I think you get the comments about it being confusing or complex. If Mazzle UI is the very first UI you've installed, you're going to be in for a learning a curve no matter how gentle the Faq is. Last night I would have said Mazzle UI is complex, this morning after having spent some time with the FAQ and the boards.. I would say that Mazzle is comprehensive. That's not quite the same thing, but it can end up still leaving you in the same place. Feeling a little lost.

Does that make Mazzle UI bad?

No, not at all.

But there's a lot of tools here. Good tools, but there's a lot of them. If you're familiar with them individually, then the tweaking and arranging is going to fairly inuitive. If this is the first time you've used most or any of them- I think the prospective user has to be realistic in that this is going to require making at least some investment of your time for a long term payoff. That doesn't make you stupid, and it doesn't make Mazzle hard.. It will take some effort though, and how much effort will depend on your previous experience with Add-ons in general.

Well anyway.. I created an account just to leave this comment. The Faqs are very very helpful, and I appreciate the community that supports this product by answering questions.
07-14-07, 09:32 AM   #11
SirQuester
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That review lost sight of what Mazzle truly offers, at least in my view. That being, a complete UI that is set up already for you with different presets thereby relieving the stress of having to get things "just so".

I, for one, wish I had discovered MazzleUI much earlier that I did. Thanks Mazzle.
07-14-07, 04:52 PM   #12
Neroon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thumbs up You rock!

I posted my comments to the article a few minutes ago. I know you do it for a lot of reason Mazzle, and I appreciate that fact. I just want to thank you. A guild mate of mine installed it yesterday on my suggestion. He then procedded to bombard me with 'holy **** this is cool' whispers for most of the night. I think the coolest part was hearing him on teamspeek talking about all the cool stuff he was finding.

The only changes I have made were to replace your hud with ArcHud2 [with most of its extras turned off]. I just like how compact and clean it is. My other was to add AtlasLoot & Auctioneer.

It just shows how good a job you did that I would change so litte. So thanks!

Last edited by Neroon : 07-14-07 at 04:59 PM.
07-14-07, 05:31 PM   #13
SPIN3LESS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I posted my 2 cents on the review already (#15) but thought i'd drop a thank you to mazzle in here and well and encourage others to go put their experiences in the review comments... while an article may accomplish some in getting people to try something such as MazzUI, i'd be more prone to try something after hearing an honest and unbiased review of an actual run of the mill joe schmoe player than someone who is reviewing anything for a publication *online or not*... so c'mon guys... support your favorite addon dev and give the mazzUI article your 2 cents

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A MazzleUI Review