09-09-10, 03:40 PM   #1
Porsha
A Black Drake
rBuff + oUF

Hi all I am using an oUF layout by Nin as well as rBuff. I have fell in love with Consolidated Buffs however...my delima:

I want to place my player buffs (temp ones - short duration - procs - etc) as well as my player debuffs somewhere away from the Consolidated Buff Frame (called CBF from here on out for reference).

Here is the information you need about my UI:
I use Nins layout moddified but version 1.0
I use oUF version 1.3.28 ( I do not wish to change either of these atm. so yes, I am aware I can fix my issues just changing my UFs but I dont want to).

So there...Here are the things I have done to try to accomplish this:

1. I have figured how to move CBF frame anywhere on the screen and I have figured out how to "hide" the player buffs and debuffs in rbuff and still have my CBF showing.

2. I have activated the oUF player buffs and debuffs - debuffs works fine however - even though I have CBF clicked on the in interface of Blizzard, and the frame shows my consolidated buffs - they still show on the oUF frame. In other words, the oUF still shows my player buffs I have set to only be in CBF.

3. I thought ok, maybe I need another addon to "force" the behavior so I downloaded http://www.wowinterface.com/download...dateBuffs.html but no luck. oUF still shows the buffs.

4. I did a search and found this post - http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ate#post197057 - about the oUF framework thing. I don't know/understand what Haste is meant by fork oUF over at github and push patches but it seems that oUF is not compatable with CBF and rBuff?

In summary - Can anyone tell me how to:
A. Show Blizzards consoliated buff frame
B. Show oUF buffs/debuffs and have the buffs I want Consolidated NOT show in the oUF buffs?

Thought - I looked through Dawns aura filter list and thought maybe this looks like something that would work - but then again, its with oUF 1.4+ so....also, seems a lot of work to do something that should be simple...? I dunno.

But thank you for reading - hope the wall of text helps the resolve.
Dani
09-09-10, 04:47 PM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First of all, it's not half as complicated.

What you need to look at is a custom filter for your oUF layout, that simply hides unwanted buffs (like those that are consolidated). An external addon won't do that as this is up to oUF.

Thing is, the list with filtered buffs doesn't fall from heaven, you have to add buffs and/or debuffs manually.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

09-09-10, 05:09 PM   #3
Porsha
A Black Drake
Thank you Dawn. I looked through your aura filter and then in your ouf code and it seems you have directed your auras to find the filter - hope im not confusing -

I see this in your code:

-- filter some crap
local Whitelist = Whitelist.auras
local CustomFilter = function(icons, unit, icon, name, rank, texture, count, dtype, duration, timeLeft, caster, isStealable, shouldConsolidate, spellID)
if(Whitelist[name]) then
return true
end
end

So my question - I should copy your Nivea_AuraFilterList file into my oUF layout and then c/p that code above and add them to the toc and it will work?

Mind you too that I use oUF 1.3+ not 1.4 as your layout does.

Thank you again

edit: I thought maybe it was a simple - acknowledge that the consolidated buff feature is active and put all buff to be consolidated to not show by the oUF buff frame (if that makes sense). Figured it was just a line of code needed and not having to have a file for filtered buffs/debuffs.

edit2: I know I was confusing...I know your filter is for debuffs >< but what I meant was If I made a file mimicing what you did for debuffs but for buffs i want not to show...sorry

Last edited by Porsha : 09-09-10 at 05:15 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » rBuff + oUF