06-21-06, 05:46 AM   #1
Mes
A Kobold Labourer
Need help with SCT spam in 4.13(Hunter)

Hey, i tried to find a solution for a while before coming here. Didnt get any luck so id see what you guys think i can do to fix the problem.

My situation is that with the new version of SCT im getting EXtreme spam from 2 abilities. These abilites are Counterattack and ESPECIALLY Mongoose bite.

Counterattack is activated when i parry someones attack and Mongoose bite is activated when i Dodge someones attack.

Now Counterattack i can live with. Since im not really parrying much even with Deterence on but The real thing that i get mad at is Mongoose bite. Not only do i dodge a whoile lot but this skill is so worthless that even if it was up i STILL would not want to use it.

I would like to learn of a way to turn off these Messages that pop on my screen, any help would be appreciated.

And until i can find a fix im using SCT v 4.12 and using an Error Blocker from teh constant Rep gain error message spams i get.
06-21-06, 07:21 AM   #2
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just comment it out in sct_event_config.lua

Or read the FAQ =)
06-21-06, 07:53 PM   #3
Daishi
A Kobold Labourer
Thats a really helpful answer Grayhoof, especially for people who dont understand anything at all of .lua or how to 'comment it out'. The addon is causing unnecessary spam and every single hunter in the world hates to be notified of that ****, and most don't know how to change it.
06-21-06, 08:14 PM   #4
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Geez, read the dang file. Its spells it all out for you.
06-22-06, 10:26 AM   #5
Gooberosity
A Murloc Raider
Best solution would be for it to only spam if the abilities are not in cooldown. I don't know enough about how the mod was coded to suggest a fix here, but it seems like you'd just insert a function that checks if Mongoose or Counterattack is avail before putting that text in the spammerator thingy.

yeah...
06-22-06, 11:05 AM   #6
Rayfack
A Murloc Raider
Simply go to your WorldofWarcraft\Interface\AddOns\sct folder (this is the same location that you would've unzipped SCT to initially). Find the sct_event_config.lua file, open it up using Notepad (which you can do by right-clicking on the file and choosing Open, then choosing Notepad as the program to open the .lua file), scroll down within the file to the lines that show you Counterattack, Mongoose Bite, etc (or do a Find search for Counterattack or Mongoose), and comment them out, which means putting -- in front of it. That's right, just a couple of minuscule dashes. By putting those two dashes in front of the line(s), it will eliminate them from being loaded up when the code is run. The reason they didn't show up in v4.12 is that you would've commented out the lines already, as they are not commented out by default. As for the reputation gains, I haven't seen any reputation errors, so I'm not sure what to suggest here.

I understand that you're frustrated by the messages and having to update add-ons post patch, but reading the ReadMe file within the sct folder or the information listed in Grayhoof's portal would also give you the knowledge necessary to correct the issue. I have zero knowledge of coding/programming, yet finding the solution is just a matter of looking through the information available. Instead of being unkind and angry towards Grayhoof, the appropriate thing to do is to say thank you. By the way, thank you for such a great add-on, Grayhoof!

In regards to the other comment about only showing the "spam" when the abilities are up...this add-on is meant to simply show the damage that you take, which makes it lightweight. The extra messages showing you that you can use your abilities is an added bonus. If you don't like it, edit the .lua file, and put -- in front of the appropriate lines.
06-22-06, 12:37 PM   #7
hikaricore
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Daishi
Thats a really helpful answer Grayhoof, especially for people who dont understand anything at all of .lua or how to 'comment it out'. The addon is causing unnecessary spam and every single hunter in the world hates to be notified of that ****, and most don't know how to change it.
you're paying for his advice right? oh you're not...? well the stfu, he's trying to be helpful. it's not his fault you're an ignorant hunter.
06-22-06, 01:44 PM   #8
Schweinebub
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by hikaricore
you're paying for his advice right? oh you're not...? well the stfu, he's trying to be helpful. it's not his fault you're an ignorant hunter.
QFT

And i for one like the new messages. Keep up the good work Grayhoof, and thank you

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help with SCT spam in 4.13(Hunter)