04-26-12, 03:53 PM   #1
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
2560x1440 ui compilations

The last 6 months I've been trying to find a mac compilation already set for 2560x1440 resolution for mac.
Only ones i can find is ones that require lua know how too arrange which I'm not too good with.
can any one direct me to any compilations made for this resolution anywhere on the web or here plz.
Thanks a bunch in advance.
I luv real which I've used for the best part but things are so small on my screen and my age is catching up so eyes aren't like they used to be lol
04-26-12, 08:57 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You may be good with any UI set for a resolution that has a 1.77 aspect ratio. Such as 1600x900. There are also a few UIs that scale themselves to any resolution.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-27-12, 01:48 PM   #3
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You may be good with any UI set for a resolution that has a 1.77 aspect ratio. Such as 1600x900. There are also a few UIs that scale themselves to any resolution.

thank you heaps the resolution aspect will help me out.
04-27-12, 03:59 PM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Also worth mentioning is that on such a resolution, it is no longer possible to set your UI scale to a "pixel perfect" one (where one pixel in the UI matches one pixel on your monitor, ensuring crisp textures - most advanced UIs set this automatically) using the default UI scale. The bigger your resolution the lower you have to set the UI scale, however the default one doesn't go below 64% (0.64). I wrote the addon UIScaler to work around this problem by enforcing the scale of the UI regardless of the setting.
04-27-12, 08:18 PM   #5
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Also worth mentioning is that on such a resolution, it is no longer possible to set your UI scale to a "pixel perfect" one (where one pixel in the UI matches one pixel on your monitor, ensuring crisp textures - most advanced UIs set this automatically) using the default UI scale. The bigger your resolution the lower you have to set the UI scale, however the default one doesn't go below 64% (0.64). I wrote the addon UIScaler to work around this problem by enforcing the scale of the UI regardless of the setting.
Thank you. Yes i came across your ui scaller 3 weeks ago have had it on since then.
I think i read somewhere you use a mac sorry if i'm mistaken if so your ui on the web site
are you using it on the 2560x 1440 res?
04-28-12, 02:08 PM   #6
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thank you

Thank you for explaining took your advice found this old ui and it fits amazingly well Ryu's ME UI
04-28-12, 02:40 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oh, good. Be sure to update the addons in that pack that have newer versions.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-28-12, 03:11 PM   #8
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by meggsy View Post
Thank you. Yes i came across your ui scaller 3 weeks ago have had it on since then.
I think i read somewhere you use a mac sorry if i'm mistaken if so your ui on the web site
are you using it on the 2560x 1440 res?
I use a Mac yeah, using the full 2560x1440 resolution hence why I wrote that addon. The UI works fine with it, although some bits of the guild UI might look a bit off because of the scaling. No idea why.
04-28-12, 03:37 PM   #9
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh, good. Be sure to update the addons in that pack that have newer versions.

yes did that thank you author said to do that.
now to find out where to post error message lol
04-28-12, 03:38 PM   #10
meggsy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I use a Mac yeah, using the full 2560x1440 resolution hence why I wrote that addon. The UI works fine with it, although some bits of the guild UI might look a bit off because of the scaling. No idea why.
thought you were tried free ui but everything is so small my eyesight aint that good hehe otherwise its a nice
minimalistic ui

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » 2560x1440 ui compilations