09-26-06, 05:05 PM   #1
jkw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm looking for a _extremely_ clean UI.

Hi there.

I have done several tries to create a extremely clean UI.
And I have failed because there is one piece or another that does not fall right.

What I am looking for is a UI that makes it possible to show/hide _everything_ separate with key bindings for every thing.

Examples
G - Mini map
X - Action bars
V - The stupid chat-window that doesn't have a elementary name. (Does anyone know how to hide it by the way?)

I have tried to do it with discord, but there is no such option to hide your own Buffs/Debuffs.

So mainly, I want all links to really clean interfaces so I can get some inspiration on different AddOns etc to make it cleaner.

So far I've made it possible to hide everything except the buffs in different kind of ways. But there is always improvements to make.

Thanks in advance,
Kristian.

Last edited by jkw : 09-27-06 at 03:06 AM.
09-26-06, 07:29 PM   #2
Cirin
A Kobold Labourer
Well, if you can find a way to turn off the unit frames from Discord Unit Frames you can have it hide your buffs and then just use your unit frame to display your buffs. You can scale them up and put them wherever you want to look normal with the times and everything but they'll still be linked to the unit frame so it could be hidden easily.
09-26-06, 07:44 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Clean might be the one
09-26-06, 08:23 PM   #4
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

press alt+z?
09-26-06, 10:16 PM   #5
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

How are you planning on playing with no UI? As josh said, you can just alt-z to hide the interface for pictures and such, but I really can't see playing like that being realistic.
09-27-06, 02:59 AM   #6
jkw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cirin
Well, if you can find a way to turn off the unit frames from Discord Unit Frames you can have it hide your buffs and then just use your unit frame to display your buffs. You can scale them up and put them wherever you want to look normal with the times and everything but they'll still be linked to the unit frame so it could be hidden easily.
That's what I did.
I didn't use the Unit Frames as all except for the buffs which i scaled down. The only thing I used from DUF was the Buffs/Debuffs scaled down. But there is no option to hide buffs/debuffs on certain events or such.
09-27-06, 03:02 AM   #7
jkw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
@JoshBorke
@Guillotine

I edited my post to be a little bit clearer.

What I am looking for is a UI that makes it possible to show/hide _everything_ separate with key bindings for every thing.

Examples
G - Mini map
X - Action bars
V - The stupid chat-window that doesn't have a elementary name. (Does anyone know how to hide it by the way?)

Last edited by jkw : 09-27-06 at 03:06 AM.
09-27-06, 03:10 AM   #8
jkw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dridzt
Clean might be the one
Going to try this, thank you!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » I'm looking for a _extremely_ clean UI.