08-16-09, 04:40 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Trying to get rid of redundant addons

I am trying to clean up my addons and over the years I believe I have thrown in a few addons that are doing the same thing. Could someone tell me if the following addons are indeed basically the same and if anyone is better than another. I am wanting a addon that gives me as much info as possible as to where a itam comes from, how it helps me out, if I can buy it, etc. Any ideas or input would be awesome,

AvgItemLevel
BonusScanner
ClassLoot
InspectEquip
Mendeleev
Pawn

08-16-09, 05:29 PM   #2
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Well I can tell you that classloot and mendeleev tell you about boss drops. I personally prefer classloot over mendeleev for two reasons, I like the fact that the author has added LinkWrangler Support so you can view classloots info while linkwrangler is running and also I like the fact it allows me to see at a glance what class this item will be better for what class so that when I am feeling in a generous mood I can pass on an item or three if I feel its more of an upgrade to say another priest or mage or warlock. Mendeleev on the other hand does more than just boss drop stuff you'd have to look at the options because its been awhile since ive dinked about with it but I know it does more than just boss drops and is a good choice to go with if you dont really care about the class loot ranking of items.

- Winston Churchill
08-16-09, 07:56 PM   #3
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The mods inquestion do similar things but not the same thing...

AvgItemLevel=shows your average Item level of your gear in a nice little spot on your character pane. similar to pawn, but it uses the built in item levels of your equipment not a personally set weight/worth of the individual stats.

BonusScanner=scans the items and sums up the stats (library for other addons)

ClassLoot=tells you very nicely and quickly what the class the item is best used for (i personally use this one)

InspectEquip=opens a window when you inspect someone telling you where their equipment came from ie dropped (where), crafted, purchased (badge gear)(i Personally run this one)

Mendeleev=using the periodic table lib adds more info to the tooltip than a normal person would want... (see the addon page for more info

Pawn=allows you to assign weights to the stats giving gear a single worth (I use this one also) Really worthwhile for quickly comparing 2 pieces of gear.

Like I said similar things, they all add info to the tool tip or screen giving the user more info is good, but too much can create confusion. if you have pawn set up correctly, then I would keep that one and drop avgItemLevel, I personally would probably run both classloot and mendeleev (they both add a lot of info in different ways, but I run other addons that tell me what mendeleev tells me). As for inspect equip, i run it cause i am sometimes curious where that awesome looking item is from and don't feel like asking the toon who is sporting it. (also allows me to quickly see if someone's wearing gear from ulduar versus naxx without having to know what the item lvls of that gear is. Bonusscanner is a library or originally was (now it is it's own mod if you use the continued version). Use it if you need, but some of your mods may require it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Trying to get rid of redundant addons