11-07-06, 01:39 AM   #1
marc31
A Murloc Raider
Memory load...Wow Crash

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if anyone experienced the following problems as of late:

During gameplay my frame rate drops from 60 to almost 4 and ranges between 4 to 43 on occassion making gameplay sucky if nothing else. I am also getting an error message xxx (cant recall the number) saying not enough memory to save file xxx. By getting this message the game crashes. My question is are the two connected? What causes the memory issue as I never had this problem before the latest update to their hardware on executus.

I have an intel Core 2 Duo T7400 processor, 2GB onboard memory plus an nvidia 7900 GTX 512MB graphic card. I am also playing with a 10mbs lan connection. Hence I dont understand the memory issue nor the problems I am encountering. I increased the script memory in the addons page thinking that would solve it but it has not.

I run Ace2 and Fubar2 mods and not many of them run. I even encounter this problem without them loaded. I have reinstalled the game thinking i had corrupt data, but that has not solved anything either.

Any help in understanding what is causing this issue would be greatly appreciated as of now, game play just sucks between the drop in FPS and the occassional crash.

Thanks in advance!

marc31
11-16-06, 06:43 PM   #2
Drixi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, it's clearly a memory usage problem which means you have another program running at the same time and using a lot of your memory and/or CPU. The hardware seems fine to me, its over Blizz recommendations.

I would suggest you to use the CTRL-ALT-DELETE keybinding and then go in the process tab. There, I would CPU classment and look what program is very high (Its on 99).

Tell us the program, and we'll help. WoW seems to either d/c you if you lag for too long or to just crash the game.

Drixi

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Memory load...Wow Crash