05-19-21, 07:38 AM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Retail, classic, tbc classic download button question

I'm the author/maintainer of Skillet (retail) and Skillet-Classic (Classic and BCC). I'm using the BigWigsPackager to package and upload to WoWI.

Skillet has a single download button (arrow) and a mouseover of WoW Retail.

Skillet-Classic has two download buttons (arrow and BC) and the mouseover on the arrow download is also WoW Retail.

I'd like to change Skillet-Classic to have the C and BC icons with appropriate mouseovers but I don't see where in the release.yml I would set this up. Can someone help?
05-19-21, 07:42 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Currently thats not supported. Multi-file addon projects right now require a retail release. I am working to support this in the future but its taking some time to rip out the legacy code that requires it on our site.

So I can remove TBC release from your classic and you can create a TBC separate project thus having separate projects for each release.

OR

Upload the classic and tbc releases to your retail project and I can delete the Skillet-Classic project.

Let me know what you'd like to do

Last edited by Dolby : 05-19-21 at 08:39 AM.
05-19-21, 08:44 AM   #3
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
The sources for Skillet and Skillet-Classic are very different. There would be different change logs and different release times so I don't think combining both projects would be a good idea.

On the other hand, the Skillet-Classic packages for Classic and BCC currently differ by one line, the ##Interface: in the .toc. I intend to maintain this as long as possible and will include runtime conditionals if necessary.

I would prefer not to add a third project so I'll live with how the current Skillet-Classic download icons appear.

Please consider adding support for multiple classic only versions. If one believes the rumors, Blizzard will create another split in the future (for WotLK?).
05-19-21, 01:31 PM   #4
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Just a thought, but in the near future, add-ons will be able to have a single package with multiple ToCs (each for a different client). You may want to consider merging your retail/classic/bc projects into one and then use the folder structure (eg, ../Skillet/Classic & ../Skillet/Retail) to separate the code, if there's too many differences between them. You could also use Lua to test the client version if the code is mostly the same, save a few lines here and there.

Additionally/Alternatively, you can use the .pkgmeta to move folders around based on the version. Eg, in the retail .pkgmeta, you could move/rename the ../Retail folder to a common name that your ToC files share and then in .pkgmeta-classic (specify in the workflow for the packager, ie, -m ".pkgmeta-classic") do the same for the ../Classic folder. This would allow you to use a single repo and workflow to produce packages for all three versions that get uploaded together.
05-19-21, 02:13 PM   #5
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by StormFX View Post
Just a thought, but in the near future, add-ons will be able to have a single package with multiple ToCs (each for a different client).
When that future becomes reality and it is sufficiently documented so I can understand it, I'll consider adjusting my projects and repositories to take advantage of the new features.

In the mean time, I'm just trying to make the existing tools work to provide the easiest and least confusing method for others to benefit from the work I'm doing on these projects.
05-19-21, 05:57 PM   #6
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Fair enough.
05-20-21, 12:01 PM   #7
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/TOC_format
Outlines how it works.

https://github.com/Stanzilla/WoWUIBu...ment-830351390
Goes into more detail.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Retail, classic, tbc classic download button question