09-18-17, 09:46 PM   #1
oudyn
A Defias Bandit
carbonite - world quest mouseover messing up

when mousing over the world quest thing that sits in the bottom of the map it flashes a lot.

https://gyazo.com/6da1aed24143c7d9423869794864d69a

to see what i mean check that link.

also is there a way to change the size of the world quest thing. or just turn it off?

Last edited by oudyn : 09-18-17 at 09:54 PM.
09-19-17, 06:00 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It appears like it is alternating between two (or maybe more) tooltips. Try disabling all addons EXCEPT Carbonite and see if it still does it. This is the way to check if other addons are interfering with Carbonite (or any other addon really). There may be an addon interfering with Carbonite's tooltips. Well, in this instance anyway.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-19-17, 04:35 PM   #3
oudyn
A Defias Bandit
ya i just disabled all addons and then made sure carbonite was the only one check marked and it still has the same issue. i reloaded after i disabled them all as well.
09-19-17, 05:15 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you log out and disable your addons, or did you just disable them from the game menu? It might not make a whole lot of difference but I'm just curious. I can't play WoW right now (haven't been able to for the last year, really), but, I remember having the same problem with another addon. The only way disabling the addons worked was if I logged into the game, y'know - click on the desk top icon, then put in your email, password and then your authenticator info, and do the disabling on the character selection screen. That was the only way I could get it to work. Of course the game has gone through a few expansions since then, so....

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-19-17, 06:39 PM   #5
oudyn
A Defias Bandit
yes it still does it when i disable all but carbonite from the character select screen.
09-22-17, 05:21 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've been thinking (and it hurts), and I was wondering...... Does Carbonite still have the option to change the frequency of the map node (node as in gathering nodes - ore, herbs) flashing and if it does, does changing (lowering) it change anything with your problem?

The other thing I've been wondering about is does this "flickering of the tooltips" happen with the default map? It might very well be a "bug" with the game.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-23-17 at 07:42 AM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
09-23-17, 11:15 AM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

First of all do u use Alpha updates of Carbonite in Twitch/Curse client?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » carbonite - world quest mouseover messing up