06-30-05, 01:19 PM   #1
Corwyn
A Murloc Raider

Post Need help with a guild application addon

I know I'm biting off a bit more than I can chew, but here goes anyway.

First, the idea. Guild Resume/Applicant Screening System (working title) would be an addon that allowed players to easily let guilds know that they were interested in joining and provide basic character information about themselves.

The idea is fairly simple, the implementation fairly complex. The interface would be two-fold. One for non-guilded players, one for guilded players.

The non-guilded player interface would allow them to pick a guild from a list of encountered guilds (culled in a similar way to wow-census) or type in the name of a guild not on the list. Every so-often, GRASS will check to see who is online that also has GRASS installed, and passes on the info to them.

The guilded player interface would, if the member has invite rights, show a list of pending applicants. Basically, GRASS will collect applicant info from all other GRASS clients at periodic intervals (see above) and display those that match the member's guild name.

I'm still working on my LUA and addon writing skills. I have a very clear idea of where I want this to go (pulling a lot from Guild Item Redistribution and Census) but not entirely sure how to get there, so if anyone likes the idea and would like to help and teach a youngling at the same time, please let me know [img]../images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks.

I have a basic outline of how it should work, found here. (PS, the post ID for this thread seems to be frelled since the merger).

Last edited by Corwyn : 06-30-05 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Fixed file

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need help with a guild application addon