06-17-05, 04:44 AM   #1
tehleetcrew
A Defias Bandit
Ventrilo

Me and my guild feel that communication is key to any successful raid. And most raid's we welcome more and more people to come along. However me and my guild use the VoIP Program Ventrilo to help make our communication easier. One draw back of this is not everyone understand's and can figure out how to join a ventrilo server. So I present this idea to you, All of you.

What if...

I were able to create a raid group normally as i do today, but i had one extra option for "Ventrilo Server Info" I could type my server information in as follows:

IP Port Servername Password

Now that I have filled that in i can click a button to save that information. Now some people start to join my raid and look at that! by my name there is a little icon that they can click on and WOLA! They have now connected straight to the ventrilo server that i am chatting in!

Ok so now if your still with me this will make things a lot easier! CLICK THIS LINK!!!

ventrilo://wired.pure-voice.net:3288/servername=Gorgonnash-Alliance&serverpassword=

Vola! you should have just now joined my ventrilo server! Almost all VOIP Programs incuding teamspeak & ventrilo have built in hyper linking ascoations. So If you're still with me, can anyone give me a guess if this is even possible?

Thanks tons!

Wishmaster
Teh Leet Crew-Gorgonnash Alliance
06-17-05, 08:11 AM   #2
ayradyss
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately, sometime back in beta they began enforcing the URL protocol so that it would only open Blizzard URL's (i.e., it has to begin with www.blizzard.com or www.worldofwarcraft.com, I'm pretty sure).
If anyone's been playing with it since and knows differently that would be awesome, but I know Cosmos etc used to have Thottbot-opening links in their stuff and had to take them out.

Too bad, that's an awesome idea.
06-17-05, 09:03 AM   #3
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
yes, the engine doesn't allow external links other than blizzard defined ones to be called from within the game. You could at least provide the link in a format that can be copied abd pasted though...
06-17-05, 10:10 PM   #4
tehleetcrew
A Defias Bandit
thanks for taking the time to read guys, well i wish there were another way then ... what are the chance's blizzard would allow ventrilo:// and teamspeak:// url's anyone think they might if i started a petion?
06-17-05, 10:20 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Could toss it up in the Wish List forum here, can't hurt to try. May not have any luck, but definitely won't if you don't try, right?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-17-05, 10:28 PM   #6
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Worse they can say is no. Go for it

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ventrilo