01-22-10, 12:12 AM   #1
Nolife4life
A Murloc Raider
Question.

I am getting pretty familiar with how this UI works and I LOVE it so far, but I do have a question. I am a tank 95% of the time, my old UI used pitbull and I could make the debuff icon on myself, my target, and my targets target larger making it easier to see when I need to taunt off. I play at 1920x1080 and with the current setup the icon is VERY small and I can not see my targets target at all, I have to switch my target to the other tank to see his debuff and I have to pay close attn to even see it. I have looked through the /nUI options and I have not been able to locate anything that might change the debuff icon size or even the Target of Target option. Any help would be great. Thx.

01-22-10, 04:20 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you talking about the debuff icons on the left of the hud arcs ? If so, you should be able to change these using the Layout folder files for the hud(s) you use.

Folder : nUI\Layouts\Default\HUDLayouts
Choose the Folder for the layout you want to change, say for example PlayerTarget.
File : nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Player.lua ( in this example )

Segment that would need to be tackled :
Code:
		["Aura"] =
		{
			[1] =	-- debuffs
			{
				anchor =
				{
					anchor_pt   = "TOPRIGHT",
					relative_to = "$parent_Health",
					relative_pt = "TOPLEFT",
					xOfs        = 40,
					yOfs        = -100,
				},		
				options =
				{
					enabled = true,
					size    = 45,
					strata  = nil,
					level   = 1,

aura_type        = "harm",
					origin           = "TOPRIGHT",
					player_auras     = false,
					dispellable      = false,
					horizontal       = false,
					highlight_player = false,
					aura_types       = true,
					cooldown_anim    = false,
					flash_expire     = true,
					clickable        = true,
					rows             = 3,
					cols             = 4,
					expire_time      = 10,
					hGap             = 5,
					vGap             = 20,
					timer =
					{
						enabled     = true,
						fontsize    = 10,
						justifyH    = "CENTER",
						justifyV    = "TOP",
						anchor_pt   = "TOP",
						relative_pt = "BOTTOM",
						xOfs        = 0,
						yOfs        = 1,
					},

count =
					{
						enabled     = true,
						justifyH    = "CENTER",
						justifyV    = "MIDDLE",
						anchor_pt   = "CENTER",
						relative_pt = "CENTER",
						xOfs        = 0,
						yOfs        = 0.5,
					},
				},		
			},
		},
The highlighted lines will more than likely be the numbers you will have to change but try just size first and reload the game or ui to test it out. It may take some tweaking until you're happy with it. hGap and vGap you may need to alter to if the resizing doesn't keep the gap it had. rows and cols if you want or need to rearrange how the buffs are shown.

I don't think the targets debuffs can be altered like that in version 5 but a similar file nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Target.lua will hold a similar section for the targets buffs shown in the hud on the right hand side. Finally, nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_ToT.lua will contain similar ( I assume ) for target of target icons which will appear in the lower right of the hud.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-22-10, 12:28 PM   #3
Nolife4life
A Murloc Raider
No, I was talking about the portrait frame, it has a very small debuff icon in it. I just wanted to know how to make that bigger and how to see that same icon on Targets target.

01-22-10, 12:29 PM   #4
Nolife4life
A Murloc Raider
I think i will just have to keep using the frames in pitbull until i figure it out or until 6 comes out. Thank you.

01-22-10, 01:20 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, nUI_UnitSkin_SoloToT.lua for example in the UnitFrames portion of the Layout folder has a similar Aura section but with the unitframes the size they are I am not sure how it will affect the whole frame and its other elements.

If you want to try it out, just make a copy of any file you want to try changing so you can roll it back and edit the one you want to try and change. The example I show above is the Target of Target file for the Solo UnitFrames setup. That set up will allwo the biggest aura icons due to the size of the unit frame itself for that setup.

The files are normal text files that you can edit in notepad or any text editor.

But if you're not sure you're ready for manual changing of layout then thats understandable. Hopefully nUI 6 will have what you want.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-22-10, 06:32 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If you're tanking (I have an 80 prot warrior myself) then learn to use the HUD and ignore the unit frames.... it quickly and easily shows you all of the info you need... your debuffs, target buffs, your stacks on the target (rend, sunder, etc.) and your ToT. You never have to take your eyes off the field of combat that way.

Also, since you're pretty much always the ToT (or should be) then you can get away with the SimpleHUD mode which is awesome for tanking imo.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » Question.