02-19-10, 05:25 PM   #21
zviff
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i dont generally use the watchlist. its not being tracked, not showing up on the minimap unless i track it manually, every time...every quest. auto track is checked. green button it on.

02-21-10, 01:57 PM   #22
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by zviff View Post
i have no clue what youre trying to say, but the new version DIDNT fix it. now NO quests i pick up are tracked. i uninstalled and reinstalled it fresh. im at a total loss for what to do now

right click the very left squared arrow on the quest list and choose "watch all quests" then do a reloadui. The first 2-3 times it wont stick, but ti will afterwhile.

03-13-10, 10:30 AM   #23
Rosz
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy 3.32 totally broke quest tracking on map

I am reading these suggestions with interest. I've been using Carbonite for quite a while (as a paid member in the old days) and have loved it but I am just not figuring out the latest version. The FP, Quest Givers, Inns, mailboxes etc all show but no nice coloured areas with mobs and points of bosses. It makes questing much less pleasant, I must say. I realize how reliant I have become on Carbonite. Every box is checked, I've reinstalled it like four times. I wish I had kept 3.31.

03-13-10, 12:43 PM   #24
maniacfox
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rosz View Post
I am reading these suggestions with interest. I've been using Carbonite for quite a while (as a paid member in the old days) and have loved it but I am just not figuring out the latest version. The FP, Quest Givers, Inns, mailboxes etc all show but no nice coloured areas with mobs and points of bosses. It makes questing much less pleasant, I must say. I realize how reliant I have become on Carbonite. Every box is checked, I've reinstalled it like four times. I wish I had kept 3.31.
I had this problem with 3.3.2, one day I logged in and for no reason all the coloured quest zones and markers had disappeared.

The only thing that fixed it was deleting all carbonite config settings (search WTF folder for anything with carbonite in the title and delete it) and then it started to work again. You have to set up your preferences from scratch which is a pain but it's the only thing that fixed it for me.

03-13-10, 04:27 PM   #25
Gorilivann
A Defias Bandit
I believe I am noticing the same thing as the OP. The shaded areas of the general location for the quest objectives on the map are not showing up, or are showing up randomly for the zone you are in. I noticed this when logging back in to do my Ebon Hold Dailies on an alt (new main). The quests I already had picked up before logging out. I logged in, and the one where you plant the ebon blade banner wasn't showing. I flew back thinking I needed to pick it up, but according to my quest log I already had it. The quest wasnt showing in the list until I pressed "L" to bring up the log, and even after it and the Shoot em Up quest where not showing the shaded areas on my map. There are other miscellaneous quests showing their shaded areas, but have not investigated all. I have been using Carbonite for well over 8 months so am pretty familiar with setting up as instructional videos and previous posters have said. I also use bugsack, and it has reported no errors either. I did notice upon logging in, Carbonite asked me to get a bunch of missing data from the server which doesn't usually happen to often. If any one that works this addon regulary might benefit from seeing any of the addon files or lists involved to see if there really is an issue, let me know. Otherwise, I'll momentarily chalk it up to a fluke and keep going.

BEST ADDON EVER!!!!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » quest areas on map are gone