04-27-12, 07:28 PM   #1
Killamasta
A Defias Bandit
Question Raid UI

I can't get the grid raid UI up on certain toons, but I can get it up on my druid. I can't remember how I did it, can someone tell me how to configure it for the rest of my characters.
04-27-12, 09:27 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Grid.

As of this writing, the latest version is 4.3.2.1458. Even if you are using the latest version, try deleting your copy of Grid and reinstalling it from a fresh download.If you aren't comfortable installing or updating addons by hand, you can use the WoWInterface Minion or the Curse Client to automatically download and install the latest version.

2. Make sure Grid is actually enabled for your other characters.

Log out of your character, click the AddOns button in the lower left corner of the character selection screen, find Grid in the list, and click the checkbox next to it until the check mark is gold (enabled for all characters) and not missing (not enabled for any characters) or silver (only enabled for some characters).

3. Make sure you have a visible layout selected.

Type "/grid" to open the options window, click the "Layout" tab, and make sure that the layout for the size and type of group you are in (for example, "25-Player Raid" or "Party" or "Solo") is not set to "None".

4. Try logging in with all addons except for Grid disabled.

If you have Grid plugins, or other addons which try to do stuff with Grid, they may not be compatible with the current version of Grid, and may be breaking things. Logging in with only Grid enabled is a fast and easy way to make sure that another addon isn't causing the problem.

5. Try resetting your custom settings.

Type "/grid" to open the options window, click the "Profiles" tab, and click the "Reset Profile" button to reset your current profile to the default settings.

If you have a lot of customizations and don't want to lose them, you can switch to a new profile instead; on the "Profiles" tab, click in the "New Profile" edit box, type a name such as "Test" and press Enter. A new profile named "Test" will be created, and Grid will immediately switch to that profile. You should now see Grid in its default location on the screen, with default settings.

6. Check for Lua error messages.

If all else fails, then there is probably something wrong in some code somewhere. The easiest way to check is to install the addon BugSack. It will add an icon to your minimap (or to your Broker display if you use one). If the icon is green, that means there are no errors. If the icon is red, that means there are errors. Click on the icon to open a window that shows the error message. If it mentions Grid in the first few lines, copy and paste the error message here.

7. If none of the above resolves the issue, let us know.

Last edited by Phanx : 04-27-12 at 09:31 PM.
04-28-12, 01:40 AM   #3
Killamasta
A Defias Bandit
I figured out what it was. Those buttons at the top of the UI...Didn't have the far right one checked off lol

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Raid UI