12-08-05, 03:46 PM   #1
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
New controls

I'm having an issue developing new controls for the tool box. Mainly with the fact that upon rendering that the graphics edge is outside of the size of my control.

After fiddling with it; I can get it line up... sort of. It's off by a few pixels. I'd like to release my mod but it doesnt look pretty. >.<

If you could help me with this I'd be willing to greatly flesh out your toolbox. With your permission of course.
12-08-05, 05:39 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

That's not really enough for me to go on. If you could email me your skin file and project then I will look at it and see what's what.

I am more than happy for people to be working on more components, so go on fleshing.

[email protected]
12-09-05, 04:17 PM   #3
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
ItemButton

1) Drop this code into your default skin.
2) It will show up in your toolbox.
3) Drag it onto your rendered form.
4) It looks like an item box. Close that form.
5) Then reopen it. It will now look like the your default button. Red background and all.

<Button name="ItemButton" inherits="ItemButtonTemplate" render="ComponentRender" frameid="{2D508884-59C2-4f83-AE10-27AAAD48391B}" icon="Button">
<!--
<FrameSkin>
<Setup>
<Property name="Location" visible="true" />
<Property name="Size" value="new System.Drawing.Size(100,22)" visible="true" />
<Property name="enableKeyboard" displayName="Enable Keyboard" type="System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="false" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="enableMouse" displayName="Enable Mouse" type="System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="false" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="id" displayName="Id" type="System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="0" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="NormalTexture" displayName="Normal Texture" type="wowuides.Texture" value="@skin@" visible="true" category="Appearance" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="Text" visible="true" />
</Setup>
<Script>
<OnSetupFrame>
frame.Size = Dimension.FromSize(control.Size);
frame.Anchors.Clear();
frame.Anchors.Add(new LayoutFrame.Anchor());
frame.Anchors[0].point = FRAMEPOINT.TOPLEFT;
frame.Anchors[0].Offset = Dimension.FromPoint(control.Location);
frame.text = control.Text;
</OnSetupFrame>
<OnSetupForm>
control.Location = frame.Anchors[0].Offset.ToPoint();
control.Size = frame.Size.ToSize();
control.Text = frame.text;
</OnSetupForm>
</Script>
</FrameSkin>
-->
<Size>
<AbsDimension x="100" y="22"/>
</Size>
</Button>
12-09-05, 04:23 PM   #4
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
And its normal texture property will disappear.
12-11-05, 12:56 AM   #5
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Exclamation

The issue with the button reloading as default is because you didn't generate a new GUID for the frameId, so on loading it used the one you copied from, the default Button. The issue with odd texture placement seems to be related to a bug I found, so I will create a new nightly build tomorrow for you to try out.

Thanks for the info.
12-12-05, 02:50 PM   #6
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Nulkris
The issue with the button reloading as default is because you didn't generate a new GUID for the frameId, so on loading it used the one you copied from, the default Button. The issue with odd texture placement seems to be related to a bug I found, so I will create a new nightly build tomorrow for you to try out.

Thanks for the info.
How do I generate a proper GUID?
12-12-05, 04:38 PM   #7
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

You can use:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
12-12-05, 04:44 PM   #8
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks.

Now when I repeat the steps above; draw, close, open. The control opens blank.

The normal texture remains though.

Did you post your newest build?

Edit: Added source code.
I changed the guid to one provided by the guid generator. Do I need to so something with the publickeytoken?

<Button name="ItemButton" inherits="ItemButtonTemplate" render="ComponentRender" frameid="{EC53BF10-6E7C-4fcf-BC66-218F3F6132AF}" icon="Button">
<!--
<FrameSkin>
<Setup>
<Property name="enableKeyboard" displayName="Enable Keyboard" type="System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="false" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="enableMouse" displayName="Enable Mouse" type="System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="false" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="id" displayName="Id" type="System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="0" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="NormalTexture" displayName="Normal Texture" type="wowuides.Texture" value="@skin@" visible="true" category="Appearance" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="Text" visible="true" />
</Setup>
<Script>
<OnSetupFrame>
frame.Anchors.Clear();
</OnSetupFrame>
<OnSetupForm>
</OnSetupForm>
</Script>
</FrameSkin>
-->
<Size>
<AbsDimension x="100" y="22"/>
</Size>
</Button>

Last edited by Konstant : 12-12-05 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added source code
12-12-05, 04:58 PM   #9
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
When I delete these lines of code it renders properly.

12-12-05, 05:03 PM   #10
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
It's flipping out on this line

12-12-05, 06:31 PM   #11
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah, there is a problem with the defaultCopy mechanism, I will be posting up a new nightly build soon, I was sick yesterday so I didn't get to it.

Edit: try the new nightly build up now (4d) http://wowuides.wowinterface.com/nb/...1.0.200.4d.msi

Last edited by Nulkris : 12-12-05 at 07:29 PM.
12-12-05, 08:03 PM   #12
Konstant
An Aku'mai Servant
Will do.

Additionally, you can include this into your skin its an item box. However their is a problem pertaining to when you drag an item/ability into the box it defaults to the setnormaltexture width and height (64, 64) instead of the size of the box.

Basically you drag in a texture and it gets enlarged to (64, 64) rather then the size of your control.

Edit: Yah going to need this fixed for dynamic texture changing mods.

<Button name="ItemButton" inherits="ItemButtonTemplate" render="ComponentRender" onToolbox="true" frameid="{BE5D72CF-B815-43ef-BE3F-AFB463DB0014}" icon="Button">
<!--
<FrameSkin>
<Setup>
<Property name="Backdrop" type="wowuides.Backdrop" value="null" visible="true" category="Appearance" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="frameLevel" displayName="Frame Level" type="System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="0" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="frameStrata" displayName="Frame Strata" type="wowuides.FRAMESTRATA" value="wowuides.FRAMESTRATA.PARENT" category="Layout" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="HighlightTexture" displayName="Highlight Texture" type="wowuides.Texture" value="@skin@" visible="true" category="Appearance" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="MaximumSize" visible="true" />
<Property name="MinimumSize" visible="true" />
<Property name="movable" displayName="Moveable" type="System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="false" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="PushedTexture" displayName="Pushed Texture" type="wowuides.Texture" value="@skin@" visible="true" category="Appearance" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="resizable" displayName="Resizeable" type="System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="false" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
<Property name="toplevel" displayName="Top Level" type="System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" value="false" category="Behaviour" visible="true" defaultCopy="true" />
</Setup>
<Script>
<OnSetupFrame>
frame.Anchors.Clear();
if(control.MaximumSize.Width &gt; 0 &amp;&amp; control.MaximumSize.Height &gt; 0) {
if(frame.ResizeBounds == null)
frame.ResizeBounds = new Frame.__ResizeBounds();
frame.ResizeBounds.maxResize = Dimension.FromSize(control.MaximumSize);
}
else if(frame.ResizeBounds != null) {
frame.ResizeBounds.maxResize = null;
}
if(control.MinimumSize.Width &gt; 0 &amp;&amp; control.MinimumSize.Height &gt; 0) {
if(frame.ResizeBounds == null)
frame.ResizeBounds = new Frame.__ResizeBounds();
frame.ResizeBounds.minResize = Dimension.FromSize(control.MinimumSize);
}
else if(frame.ResizeBounds != null) {
frame.ResizeBounds.minResize = null;
}
</OnSetupFrame>
<OnSetupForm>
if(frame.ResizeBounds != null) {
if(frame.ResizeBounds.maxResize != null)
control.MaximumSize = frame.ResizeBounds.maxResize.ToSize();
else
control.MaximumSize = Size.Empty;
if(frame.ResizeBounds.minResize != null)
control.MinimumSize = frame.ResizeBounds.minResize.ToSize();
else
control.MinimumSize = Size.Empty;
}
else {
control.MaximumSize = Size.Empty;
control.MinimumSize = Size.Empty;
}
</OnSetupForm>
</Script>
</FrameSkin>
-->
</Button>

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » New controls