07-28-05, 10:25 AM   #1
Amithral
A Murloc Raider
The scroll in chat window mod! cant find it!

Well topic says it all, need a mod to scroll in chat window but cant find the mod I had before! It was linked in a reply on this forum somewhere...
07-28-05, 01:15 PM   #2
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here

07-28-05, 06:30 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
That's the Floating Chat Frame, CT released one, although they don't "support" it, per sae, since it requires a FrameXML hack to do it. You can snag it here.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-28-05, 06:50 PM   #4
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Cairenn
That's the Floating Chat Frame, CT released one, although they don't "support" it, per sae, since it requires a FrameXML hack to do it. You can snag it here.
The one just linked above is an actual AddOn and it does work...No FrameXML involved.
08-06-05, 04:10 PM   #5
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy Me Too

I believe the AddOn that the Original Poster is referring to, is the one where your up/down scroll buttons are INSIDE the chat box instead of outside it. The way they are in Dark Age of Camelot.

I too have been looking for this AddOn. Currently I am using Confab and LS Chat, but I miss the Buttons to scroll up and down. However, I'd rather miss them, than have them show outside the box and mess up the flow of my UI.

I saw a picture of someones UI and they had a Chatbox that had the scroll bar inside it, but it didn't say what Mod it was or where to get it. I've been looking all over for this and would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me where to find it.

(If you are still having trouble picturing what I'm talking about, think of the Chat Box as a webpage. Notice that on this webpage the Scrollbar is inside the pages borders. That's what I want for my Chat Box).

*Arouin
08-06-05, 09:42 PM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

This what you guys are looking for? If so it's a frameXML hack as well.

Hopefully the pic attachment will work.

Edit: I spelled you're wrong. My sleep deprived idiocy is preserved forever now in graphics.

Last edited by Syxx : 08-06-05 at 09:52 PM.
08-08-05, 04:10 PM   #7
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Talking Yes!!!! Woot!

That is EXACTLY what I have been googling to find for the last 4 hours! No matter what search terms I use, that file never shows up! (Unless it's on like page 10 of the search results, which I never both to check ) What happened? Did the government classify it Top Secret or something? It's like it just dropped off the face of the Earth!

Clicking on the thumbnail just made the screenshot bigger, but it didn't lead to a download. Can you give me the URL of the website you found the file on???

*Arouin
08-08-05, 05:41 PM   #8
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question hmmm

Well, I thought I'd just be able to edit the post I made above this one, but it didn't give me the option. Oh well, I'll figure it out later.

Just wanted to update everyone that I located the Download! And the chat box ends up looking much nicer than I expected. I didn't have time to play around too much, butI noticed when I disabled mouse scrolling in LS Chat, well, I couldn't scroll with my mouse LOL

Looks like this AddOn is purely aesthetic, which is perfectly fine with me, I didn't spend all this time trying to find this specific AddOn for any other reason. However, I intend to keep LS Chat for the timestamps and scrolling capability. I'd suggest if you use this that you get LS Chat as well, or ChatScroll etc... to compliment it.

Here's the URL to the site I located it on. Whoever owns this site has been updating it's toc, so he must still be an active user of it too

http://home.gwi.net/~mboutin/wow/

You'll find the .zip and .rar links for it about halfway down the page at the bottom of his mod list grid.

Enjoy!

*Arouin

Last edited by Arouin : 08-08-05 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Figures! NOW I can edit my posts!
08-09-05, 02:44 AM   #9
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Glad you found it.

I had mine all zipped up and ready to go if you didn't.

Thanks for the link too.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » The scroll in chat window mod! cant find it!