08-08-05, 09:52 PM   #21
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
not exactly, I just posted a bug fix patch. somewhere between a few days and a few weeks, lol just depends.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
08-08-05, 10:32 PM   #22
Peis
A Fallenroot Satyr
u r teh r0xx0rz

Well, for the longest time, I've been trying to make a mod like the one you're makking (the KC_Items one) that combines lootlink and auctioneer. But seeing as I'm still completely new to programming, I achived nothing. When I found out about your mod I was a bit skeptical b/c of how ItemsMatrix was too. and then I found out that you could import the database files from all of those things (using optimizer) and I was all like "i gotta get this".

I still miss the vendor sell/buy value that lootlink or auctioneer (can't remember which one) gave you. yours doesn't do that (yet) unless you already know what it is. Also, I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it, but it'd be cool to have something like Enchantrix included.

I know I'm comparing your mod to Lootlink/Auctioneer/ect, but I know that this mod is reletively young in developement compared to them (I think...). So, I'm not expecting there to be everything that those other mods gave you. But I do expect to see progress in the future because I can already tell that you are a very talented programmer. And I can see that you will make this mod beyond excellent.

(It's programmers like you that inspire me to continue learning to program).

Thank you very much for such an excellent mod.
08-08-05, 10:38 PM   #23
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Peis
Well, for the longest time, I've been trying to make a mod like the one you're makking (the KC_Items one) that combines lootlink and auctioneer. But seeing as I'm still completely new to programming, I achived nothing. When I found out about your mod I was a bit skeptical b/c of how ItemsMatrix was too. and then I found out that you could import the database files from all of those things (using optimizer) and I was all like "i gotta get this".

I still miss the vendor sell/buy value that lootlink or auctioneer (can't remember which one) gave you. yours doesn't do that (yet) unless you already know what it is. Also, I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it, but it'd be cool to have something like Enchantrix included.

I know I'm comparing your mod to Lootlink/Auctioneer/ect, but I know that this mod is reletively young in developement compared to them (I think...). So, I'm not expecting there to be everything that those other mods gave you. But I do expect to see progress in the future because I can already tell that you are a very talented programmer. And I can see that you will make this mod beyond excellent.

(It's programmers like you that inspire me to continue learning to program).

Thank you very much for such an excellent mod.
I'm flattered.

KCI currently does remember what you can sell items to a vendor far, just not what you could buy items for. I'm going to work on having that included soon.

I've had request for modules to emulate both enchantrix and also reagentinfo

I'm currntly debating these in the back of my head whilst I work to improve the other modules

On the learning side, I'd recommend looking at ace. It was originally developed by Turan, also an excellent coder, and while its not 100% easy as cake to understand its the way to go in my experiance.

Check out the dev kit, and feel free to ask questions.

08-09-05, 01:20 AM   #24
Peis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kaelten
I'm flattered.

KCI currently does remember what you can sell items to a vendor far, just not what you could buy items for. I'm going to work on having that included soon.

I've had request for modules to emulate both enchantrix and also reagentinfo

I'm currntly debating these in the back of my head whilst I work to improve the other modules

On the learning side, I'd recommend looking at ace. It was originally developed by Turan, also an excellent coder, and while its not 100% easy as cake to understand its the way to go in my experiance.

Check out the dev kit, and feel free to ask questions.
Cool! I'll do that! I've done alot of looking over code myself (when I started learning how to program with Python) ever since i started learning. Which currently is about a year now, I mean, I've done alot of HTML, but for a while I just had to get adjusted to computers since the first decent computer I got was in the 8th grade I never really had the opportunity to look into them. I have just started college for programming btw.

The only thing i truly know about programming is the If, Then, Elif, Else, Input, ect (the very basics). I have only just scratched the top very lightly of Object Oriented programming. But I definatly going to learn how.

*note*
I apologize for going off topic for this forum lol
08-09-05, 03:54 PM   #25
Peis
A Fallenroot Satyr
maybe

Maybe you could get ideas from Enhanced Tooltips. I really like that addon (helps with auctioneer and lootlink) to get ideas on adding the meshes to the tooltips, and maybe helping store buy/sell prices for vendors.

just tryin' to help out. ^-^
08-10-05, 08:55 AM   #26
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
not exactly, I just posted a bug fix patch. somewhere between a few days and a few weeks, lol just depends.
Checked it out last night really quick like and got the same error, but on line 135 (or 153 -- forget which). I can get more details on it when I get home. Pretty much the same deal on installing; I completely deleted my KC_Items folder and extracted the archive before starting up the game.
08-10-05, 05:48 PM   #27
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Exact error: Interface\AddOns\KC_Items\core\KC_Items_Cor..."]: 153: attempt to call a nil value
08-11-05, 12:43 AM   #28
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Kaelten, love the mod. Seems to be seriously less laggy than "other" mods of it's type.
Glad to see it's moving into being a lot more than just a little item tracker dealy.

I did have one question for you.
One thing I do really like about Auctioneer is the Item Model preview. Recently it's stopped working for me (since they moved to EnhTooltip), the model doesn't rotate anymore it's just sort of stuck.

Anyhow, I was curious if you are thinking of putting anything like that into your mod?

Thanks

08-11-05, 01:13 AM   #29
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Syxx
Hi Kaelten, love the mod. Seems to be seriously less laggy than "other" mods of it's type.
Glad to see it's moving into being a lot more than just a little item tracker dealy.

I did have one question for you.
One thing I do really like about Auctioneer is the Item Model preview. Recently it's stopped working for me (since they moved to EnhTooltip), the model doesn't rotate anymore it's just sort of stuck.

Anyhow, I was curious if you are thinking of putting anything like that into your mod?

Thanks

looking into doing this some time in the future, its on the currently long list of features people have asked for

08-11-05, 02:45 AM   #30
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to it... eventually.

08-11-05, 06:52 PM   #31
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Excellent, all fix now! When I updated I got an Ace error (ralized I might be using an old version) so I updated it. Unfortunatley it wiped out my SaveVars file in the update.

But it's working now at least!
08-11-05, 09:05 PM   #32
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
err thats not good, you remember the error message at all?

08-11-05, 09:39 PM   #33
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
err, no I don't. sorry.

Should have gotten a screen shot. doh!
08-13-05, 11:30 PM   #34
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
could someone in gadgetzan type the following:

/script message(GetZoneText())

and give me the exact text it tells you?

08-14-05, 12:49 AM   #35
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Lightbulb My Thoughts...

As you probably know by now, I'm a huge fan of yours

Yes, KCET has a few things about it that just annoys me, yes KCI is confusing right now due to it's infancy, and I can't use Radial Buttons yet because KCI has been hogging all your time. HOWEVER, I am pleased to announce that Auto Repair is Perfect!

All that being said, until I read these comments I actually thought KCI was further along in it's development than it is. This has caused me to rethink all my prior thoughts on it. It's actually much more mature than I thought it would be at this point in it's development. Which is good since I thought it was behind schedule.

I gave up Auctioneer the moment it decided it wanted to hog 50 MB's of script memory all to itself. I've just been using Auction It instead while I waited for either Auction Matrix or KCI to materialize into what I was looking for. Needless to say, I don't even know if Auction Matrix is still around because I decided weeks ago that KCI was the one to wait for.

I gave up Enchantrix at the beginning of June. It's information wasn't very reliable and it reported a lot of useless stuff in the tooltips that never seemed to be accurate. I have since started using Fizzwidgets Disenchant Predicter and I love it. As a matter of fact, I use all of Fizzwidgets Mods except for the ones that have Auctioneer as a dependency.

In case you've never seen his website, here's the link: http://www.fizzwidget.com/

Since there is already a Mod that does what Enchantrix should have done all along, and does it better and (to my knowledge) by requiring less memory, I think it would be a waste of time for you to add this functionality to KCI. If anything maybe you could suggest people get Disenchant Predicter, or include it with the download so those that want to use it can. I am very happy with Fizzwidgets Mods, as happy as I have been with yours, and I can't see me switching from his version to a KCI copy of Enchantrix. Just my 2 copper.

I do like the Wishlist idea. It's similar to Shopping List and Mat List, but I can see you implementing it properly. Shopping List left out functionality that Mat List includes, but Shopping List has cleaner and more reliable code I believe. I know that with your version all the functionality that a Mod like this should include would be included, and the coding would be top notch. The Best of Both Worlds.

As for including the Mesh functionality. I haven't had Auctioneer since they included it, so I can only make a suggestion based upon my understanding of what it does. To my understanding, Auctioneer shows a rotating "mesh" AKA mediocre picture of the item being viewed. To my knowledge this is shown for ALL items that it has a picture for. Including things like Leather, Wool, Linen, Shards, Fish, Skinning Knife etc... EVERYTHING. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if I'm not, then I would respectfully ask that if you include something like this, we be allowed to select the type of items this mesh would show on. I'd like to see it for Weapons, Armor, Trinkets maybe. I don't really care about a 3D picture for Trade Items, Common or Junk stuff unless the Common/Junk stuff is equippable.

Hopefully you understand that last paragraph. I'm super bad about run-on sentences and excessive comma usage

Finally, I have a request. Actually, this is probably the thing I consider the most important in my whole post.

I really REALLY love how Sell Value shows in the Tooltip. It's one of my favorite Mods and has been for a long time. However, I AM willing to consider replacing it with KCI's version, but only if you can pull off one thing.

When you list the items price in the tooltip, PLEASE change it to showing the coin graphic like sell value does!

I hate seeing 2g (the g in yellow/brown) 49s (the s in a shade of grey) etc... in the tooltip. It's not as intuitive to me because I'm used to how Sell Value does it. I think it also looks nicer and more polished when you have 2 (gold coin picture) 49 (silver coin picture) instead of just numbers and letters.

Again, hope you can follow all that.

Keep up the good work Kaelten, your practically the only Modfather left!
Luckily there appears to be some up and comers with potential, like Fizzwidget!

*Arouin
08-14-05, 01:03 AM   #36
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Arouin
As you probably know by now, I'm a huge fan of yours

Yes, KCET has a few things about it that just annoys me, yes KCI is confusing right now due to it's infancy, and I can't use Radial Buttons yet because KCI has been hogging all your time. HOWEVER, I am pleased to announce that Auto Repair is Perfect!

All that being said, until I read these comments I actually thought KCI was further along in it's development than it is. This has caused me to rethink all my prior thoughts on it. It's actually much more mature than I thought it would be at this point in it's development. Which is good since I thought it was behind schedule.

I gave up Auctioneer the moment it decided it wanted to hog 50 MB's of script memory all to itself. I've just been using Auction It instead while I waited for either Auction Matrix or KCI to materialize into what I was looking for. Needless to say, I don't even know if Auction Matrix is still around because I decided weeks ago that KCI was the one to wait for.

I gave up Enchantrix at the beginning of June. It's information wasn't very reliable and it reported a lot of useless stuff in the tooltips that never seemed to be accurate. I have since started using Fizzwidgets Disenchant Predicter and I love it. As a matter of fact, I use all of Fizzwidgets Mods except for the ones that have Auctioneer as a dependency.

In case you've never seen his website, here's the link: http://www.fizzwidget.com/

Since there is already a Mod that does what Enchantrix should have done all along, and does it better and (to my knowledge) by requiring less memory, I think it would be a waste of time for you to add this functionality to KCI. If anything maybe you could suggest people get Disenchant Predicter, or include it with the download so those that want to use it can. I am very happy with Fizzwidgets Mods, as happy as I have been with yours, and I can't see me switching from his version to a KCI copy of Enchantrix. Just my 2 copper.

I do like the Wishlist idea. It's similar to Shopping List and Mat List, but I can see you implementing it properly. Shopping List left out functionality that Mat List includes, but Shopping List has cleaner and more reliable code I believe. I know that with your version all the functionality that a Mod like this should include would be included, and the coding would be top notch. The Best of Both Worlds.

As for including the Mesh functionality. I haven't had Auctioneer since they included it, so I can only make a suggestion based upon my understanding of what it does. To my understanding, Auctioneer shows a rotating "mesh" AKA mediocre picture of the item being viewed. To my knowledge this is shown for ALL items that it has a picture for. Including things like Leather, Wool, Linen, Shards, Fish, Skinning Knife etc... EVERYTHING. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if I'm not, then I would respectfully ask that if you include something like this, we be allowed to select the type of items this mesh would show on. I'd like to see it for Weapons, Armor, Trinkets maybe. I don't really care about a 3D picture for Trade Items, Common or Junk stuff unless the Common/Junk stuff is equippable.

Hopefully you understand that last paragraph. I'm super bad about run-on sentences and excessive comma usage

Finally, I have a request. Actually, this is probably the thing I consider the most important in my whole post.

I really REALLY love how Sell Value shows in the Tooltip. It's one of my favorite Mods and has been for a long time. However, I AM willing to consider replacing it with KCI's version, but only if you can pull off one thing.

When you list the items price in the tooltip, PLEASE change it to showing the coin graphic like sell value does!

I hate seeing 2g (the g in yellow/brown) 49s (the s in a shade of grey) etc... in the tooltip. It's not as intuitive to me because I'm used to how Sell Value does it. I think it also looks nicer and more polished when you have 2 (gold coin picture) 49 (silver coin picture) instead of just numbers and letters.

Again, hope you can follow all that.

Keep up the good work Kaelten, your practically the only Modfather left!
Luckily there appears to be some up and comers with potential, like Fizzwidget!

*Arouin
Well I appriciate the feedback, on the note here, the problem with the coin graphics is that by default I can only have 1 per tooltip. I'll probably offer support for this when I add in my own seperate tooltip functionality.

Yes KCI has only been out for about a month or so now. it was started very roughly when I was working on KCET.

KCET is also not done yet. I have plans to go back to it and add a slew of features.

Enchantrix functionality is on the back of my list, although I think I may try for reagentinfo type of info before too long.

One thing that keeps me so busy on KCI is its actually about 3 or 4 mods at this point rolled into a big project. Its mind boggling the scope of how many places I see for improvement and new features. I just hope that I can actually get things going in the right direction again soon.

BTW expect a big update to KC_Auciton sometime in the next few days.

08-14-05, 01:22 AM   #37
Shalkis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

could someone in gadgetzan type the following:

/script message(GetZoneText())

and give me the exact text it tells you?
This is the text I got:
Tanaris
08-14-05, 02:20 AM   #38
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Sharlanth
This is the text I got:
Tanaris
woot thanks!

That will allow me to store info for the gadget aucitonhouse seperately.

question, is that the same response for foregn clients?

08-14-05, 03:10 AM   #39
Shalkis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

woot thanks!

That will allow me to store info for the gadget aucitonhouse seperately.

question, is that the same response for foregn clients?
I think so. Tanaris is just a name, so there's no need to translate it.
08-16-05, 07:41 AM   #40
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I've had a few people report a major memory leak in the latest version.

Has anyone here experianced this?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_Items v0.90c and beyond