02-10-10, 03:14 PM   #1
drapeta
A Defias Bandit
Spell Book - Spell Rearranging

I looked around but didn't see anything like this
So for the more dynamic and smarter people out there..

There are anal retentive people like me, who would really like to be able to arrange their spells inside of thier spellbooks so that it makes sense to them

For example: Druid has four different sets of things under thier feral spells
It would be so nice if I could group them myself so that all the cat spells, tree, moonkin, and bear spells were close to each other.

There are other such things but this is just something i noticed which was absent. Perhaps it is not possible to rearrange the spell book, if not then, thanks for reading.
02-10-10, 03:55 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've never seen anything like that, and not sure if anything like that would even be possible.
02-10-10, 05:50 PM   #3
drapeta
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I've never seen anything like that, and not sure if anything like that would even be possible.
That could be why it doesn't exist!
02-10-10, 06:06 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by drapeta View Post
That could be why it doesn't exist!
Mmmmmaybe!
02-10-10, 07:00 PM   #5
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be possible, a pain to do thought.
02-10-10, 08:03 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be possible, a pain to do thought.
That was my thought. My concerns were the functions that use its position in the spellbook to get its information. Does it use a fixed spellbook system or one that we could set up ... but would be an interesting and erm maybe fun project rofl.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
02-10-10, 08:45 PM   #7
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
I've never really played the spellbook code, but you would likely have to reimplement the entire thing rather than hijacking Blizzards.
02-10-10, 08:46 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
iirc, the reasoning for this addon existing is not for a lack of trying. It had to do with taint and needing to still be able to use the spellbook in combat.

Then again, if you created your very own spellbook addon to completely replace the default spellbook (instead of modify it) then this might work...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-10-10, 09:22 PM   #9
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
iirc, the reasoning for this addon existing is not for a lack of trying. It had to do with taint and needing to still be able to use the spellbook in combat.

Then again, if you created your very own spellbook addon to completely replace the default spellbook (instead of modify it) then this might work...
I'm not sure about dragging spells, but if you write your own spellbook you could use the secure wrapper system and a lot of caching to keep it working on combat. But that's a lot of work for something you don't use that often.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Spell Book - Spell Rearranging