09-03-19, 07:57 AM   #1
ObscureScience
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
[Classic] Aura Frames port

Anyone able to port this to Classic? Thanks.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/aura-frames
09-03-19, 11:28 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Since that addon is All Rights Reserved, you would need permission from the original author to be a direct port.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-03-19, 01:47 PM   #3
ObscureScience
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That's too bad since the account doesn't seem to exist anymore.
09-04-19, 12:34 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It "exists", it just was never updated by the author when Curse merged with Twitch.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-05-19, 07:53 AM   #5
ObscureScience
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looks like the account merging happened nearly 2 1/2 years ago. I'd say his rights are no longer reserved.
09-05-19, 11:16 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's not how copyright law works.

09-05-19, 11:28 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ObscureScience View Post
Looks like the account merging happened nearly 2 1/2 years ago. I'd say his rights are no longer reserved.
What would make you think that has anything, at all, to do with the author's rights?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-05-19, 11:56 AM   #8
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

An article's copyrights are "dropped" 70 years after death of it's progenitor. Though I'm unsure if posting addons under a profile name counts as anonymous which would put the copyright loss to 95 years after death.
09-05-19, 12:04 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeruku View Post
An article's copyrights are "dropped" 70 years after death of it's progenitor. Though I'm unsure if posting addons under a profile name counts as anonymous which would put the copyright loss to 95 years after death.
Thank you for your explanation, jeruku. I'd say, offhand, that pretty much finishes that.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-06-19, 05:03 PM   #10
ObscureScience
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You guys take me way too seriously.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Search/Requests » [Classic] Aura Frames port