AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post JasonLB - Jason's LetterBox UI

JasonLB - Jason's LetterBox UI

Author: wow.jaslaughter.com (Jason)
Description:
This is the 'LetterBox UI for Dummies' Mod. Not everyone
wants to learn DART or wants to deal with frame modifier
mods. This is -supposed- to be automatic, and resize the
frames to take the entire width of your screen.

Notes:
As this is the 'simple' version of a texture mod, please
feel free to grab the textures and use them in DART, etc.
However, I don't use DART, etc so I can't walk you through
that.

Credits:
Original idea (at least where I got it from): Raeken
Many textures are Copyright Blizzard (Hope they don't mind)

Official Site:
wow.jaslaughter.com

JasonLB v1800.5

Slash Commands:
/jlb - Help
/jlb list - List available skins
/jlb <skinName> - Apply <skinName>
/jlbtop <skinName> - Apply <skinName> to Top
/jlbbot <skinName> - Apply <skinName> to Bottom
/jlbhide <top/bot> - Hide top/bottom frame

where <skinName> is the case-sensitive name of the skin you wish
to apply. If a skin does not include the top or bottom skin,
it will not be applied.

So, for example, if you want the Fancy top and the AB-Right
bottom, you could simply type /jlb Fancy and then /jlb AB-Right.

Included Skins:
66Split
AB-Right
Fancy
FancyRed
VGold

You can see the skins in the screenshots. There are 2 main skins and 5 variations. JasonLB is designed to have 3rd party skins easily installed. Nothing fancy, but nothing complicated at least.
Skins:

Fancy skin in Action:

Attachments:
JasonLB-DUF-1800.zip
This is the DUF Custom layout shown in the screenshot. If nothing else it should give you a good starting point. Extract the ZIP into your DiscordUnitFrames folder. It includes 1 texture and 2 fonts, as well as the DUF_Custom.lua file.
JasonLB-SourcePSD.zip
This are the PhotoShop PSD files I used to create the textures. They're the full width textures, so you must crop the images and save the cropped images to TGA/BLP2 to use them in the mod.

The sizes -must- be:
[Bottom/Top]1 - 512px
[Bottom/Top]2 - 512px
[Bottom/Top]3 - 256px
Attached Files
File Type: zip JasonLB-DUF-1800.zip (160.7 KB, 812 views)

Last edited by JASlaughter : 11-30-05 at 12:36 PM.
10-31-05, 11:26 AM   #2
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Wow.

If you don't mind, I'll be messing with this too, off your work. This is fantastic I'd love to get my set up running with this.

[ StarshadowUI ~ Custom UI compiled by Ghent ]
http://ghent.wowinterface.com/
10-31-05, 02:14 PM   #3
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
RE: Messing with my mod

Please do

PM me if you want my source PSD file. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to add it as a plugin (much larger limit) in the meantime. My stuff is simple and pretty much just rips from Blizzard's files/sites. I -know- that others can do a lot better.

I designed the mod to allow new skins. Download it and look in the JasonLB_Skins.lua file and look at the directory structure, and you'll see what I mean. It's simple!

I also made the skin variable global so people can plug in skin vars by just doing a tinsert(JasonLB_Skins, {table});

(I've submitted the PSDs as an AddOn to JasonLB. I'll post the URL once it's approved.)

Last edited by JASlaughter : 10-31-05 at 02:29 PM.
11-03-05, 10:51 PM   #4
gamerkid
A Kobold Labourer
Question How?

ok, i downloaded it. but cant figure out where to put it.
11-03-05, 11:27 PM   #5
Kudane
Co-Founder

Looking great!

some feedback from the screenshot.

Only one chat box? I have seen people use as many as 4 (spam, guild, melee, spells) and on average 3. (spam, guild, combat).

What about raid setups? have you tested it?

other than those two points looking really good.
11-04-05, 07:33 AM   #6
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
Raid setups work fine for me. JasonLB is just 2 frames and 3 textures per. Extremely light-weight code-wise too. Also, it only updates every ~5 seconds.

As for chatbox, you can have up to 10. My mod just makes 2 texture frames. You can replace/add textures as you see fit. One included has 2 chatboxes. That's all personal preference and it's made so you can change it around. Since this started as my own personal mod, I've only made textures that fit my style. Eventually others will make textures and release them (hopefully) and you'll see others' styles represented.

On a personal note, I find having too many chatboxes clutters my screen. Sometimes I add a transparent small chatbox to show XP/Honor gains but that's it. I keep my combat log as a tab because I also use SCT and DamageMeters (seems to be more accurate than Recap unfortunately) and I don't really need one.
11-18-05, 03:02 PM   #7
Muadad
A Kobold Labourer
sorry but...can u link the another add ons to make this add work...i wanna have this add
11-30-05, 01:19 AM   #8
dhmorrow
A Murloc Raider
How do you resize?

Forgive me, as I am completely new to all of this and not that knowledgeable in these areas to begin with. I love the 66Split as it is very similar to the flexbar config i made, only more professional looking. I managed to get it to show up on the screen, but it is way too big. How can I resize it to fit?

(remember I am a newbie)

thanks!

dan

EDIT - Also, to save time later, how do the buttons work? I mean, do you just put something like discord or flexbar buttons over these? Again, I have no idea what I am doing obviously, so forgive me. I basically just want to get the bottom part of 66Split working as it is in the screenshots. thanks!

Last edited by dhmorrow : 11-30-05 at 01:36 AM.
11-30-05, 09:25 AM   #9
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
Make sure you grab the 1800 version in the archives. I went ahead and posted the 1900 version (for the 1.9 patch) since this site doesn't have a beta section. I wasn't sure if 1.9 was going live this past Tues or not. The scaling code changes in WoW 1.9, so if you run the 1900 version it'll be wrong.

If you are running the 1800 version and the scaling is still off, please tell me what resolution you're running in, windowed/maximized, and your ui scale setting.

As for the buttons, I personally use FlexBar, but my brother uses CT_BottomBar and it looks nearly identical. The biggest difference is obviously the scripting and the NumPad layout are only available using something like FlexBar.

I'm afraid I won't be doing any type of compilations. I personally don't care for them, and I don't have enough time to keep up to date versions of all my mods, and then support them.
11-30-05, 09:31 AM   #10
Tobiah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
How come i get the old (standard) over this one?
How can it be fixed?
11-30-05, 12:35 PM   #11
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tobiah
How come i get the old (standard) over this one?
How can it be fixed?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean an older skin is showing, just type /jlb <skinName> to reapply. You can get a list of skins available by typing /jlb list.
11-30-05, 02:20 PM   #12
wasup
A Murloc Raider
were do i put the files?

and ur addon > all
its so cool
11-30-05, 05:53 PM   #13
dhmorrow
A Murloc Raider
ok, got it set up...

Well, I did not download the 1800 but used moveanything to resize and place the frames.

That said, let me ask you this: Would it look any different (better) if I did the 1800? I only ask because it took a long time to get this thing working and get all my flexbar buttons placed, etc. and if it will not make a difference really if I put in the 1800, then I will just stick with what I got.

Again, the 1800 would just scale the frame the same way that MoveAnything does, correct? And if so, then I am fine with where I am at now.

Let me say, this is fantastic. I would like to see a few more top layers come out. Not that you need to make them, but I hope some people do.

Thanks for a great product. I am just the person you were descriving when you talked about who you made this for.

dan
12-01-05, 12:50 PM   #14
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
If you're using MA to resize the frames, then it won't matter. I only changed one line in the code and that's the resizing code. 1.9 scales the way WoW always should have, but the 1800 version assumes the old code.

Keep in mind, that MA doesn't really work under 1.9 at the moment. Since the core code of MA isn't mine -- and that's where the scaling code is -- it probably will not be updated at all.

As for new skins, I've seen a few (mostly in PMs). One guy combined the top and bottom frames and hid the top, and it looked great. Personally, however, I'm not that creative and new skins will be slow to appear - if at all - from me.

My hope was that others would start sharing their skins. I'm still using FancyRed so until I'm tired of that I won't even be working on new ones

Last edited by JASlaughter : 12-01-05 at 12:53 PM.
12-01-05, 02:05 PM   #15
dhmorrow
A Murloc Raider
about scaling version

This was once a post talking about how I could not get stuff to work....then I realized, "Hey, why not actully READ what Jason already wrote?" Now there's an idea. I totally misread something you wrote previously. I will play around and get back to you if I need to.

thanks!

EDIT: Ok, well I managed to get 1800.6 to work well. Just so I know, are there any issues in using this version that I should know about? What is the main difference between 1800.6 and 1.9? Thanks for any head's up!

dan

Last edited by dhmorrow : 12-01-05 at 04:03 PM.
12-01-05, 02:16 PM   #16
Tobiah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well i did reload the skin and that works but i still get the basic WoW interface on top of the new.
12-01-05, 02:30 PM   #17
dhmorrow
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tobiah
Well i did reload the skin and that works but i still get the basic WoW interface on top of the new.
This should not be it, but do you have any other addons which are forcing the original ui to persist? You might try loading the game with JLB as the only addon enabled and see what happens. Like I said, I doubt that is it, but if it comes out correctly you could, worst case scenariio, go one by one, enabling each addon and then restarting and seeing if one of them is the culprit.

Again, I am not sure what your situation is and I don't know JLB very well yet. But while you are waiting that is something you can try that will not damage anything.

EDIT!!! Wait, I just realized. Do you have Flexbar or any other button addon installed?? If not, then that is what will get rid of the original WOW buttons for you. I mean, if you were to enable JLB by itself, you would get the original WOW interface too. This is because, as far as I can tell, JLB is mainly artwork. Install Flexbar or Discord Action bar (or whatever it is) or one of many other bar addons and you should be fine. Of course, if you already have the bar addons set up then I am wrong and we will need to try something else. hehe

Also, Flexbar is pretty intimidating if you have not used it, but it is really rather easy to use. If you need any help, just ask. There is a series of commands that are fairly simple, though repetitive, that you can use to do what you want. I can help with the basics.

dan

Last edited by dhmorrow : 12-01-05 at 04:11 PM.
12-02-05, 01:05 AM   #18
dhmorrow
A Murloc Raider
Editing the images??

Is there a way that I can "flip" the Default Top image?

I don't have photoshop unfortunately. But is there a way to do this still?

Basically, I just want to have the Default Top graphic vertically flipped so that it would look proper along the bottom.

dan
12-02-05, 01:28 AM   #19
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by JASlaughter
since this site doesn't have a beta section.
What do you mean we don't have a beta section? Beta section.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
12-02-05, 08:31 AM   #20
Tobiah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I must be dumb or something. But i deleted all UI parts i had from before. Loaded the Jason interface and it turns out like this:
http://home.c2i.net/sthelges/jason.jpg

I must have missed something.

Last edited by Tobiah : 12-02-05 at 08:34 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » JasonLB (Coming Soon)