07-14-05, 03:22 PM   #1
Bloöd
A Defias Bandit

Question Req: Is there a Notepad mod out there?

Hi,

I love Insomniax and all the great plugins the you Mod devs have worked hard to create for us less techy players. Thankyou for the time and engergy you put into thier design. That said, I used to use cosmos and have recently switched to Insomniax; Cosmos had a cool note pad Feature that I could take notes and acess them from all my characters no matter which server they were on. I miss that, having it meant that I have less clutter on my real desk.

I was hoping someone could either point me to a Mod that did such a thing, or maybe make one. I understand there is a mod for character notes, on the friends and guild screen... But Im asking for a Note Pad, or Text Pad much like you get with Windows or any other OS.

Would mean much to me, Provided its not to muchtrouble.

Thank you for your time!

Your humble Warrior,

Bloöd

07-14-05, 03:28 PM   #2
Dakotah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You might want to take a look at Parchment. It is hosted on a different UI site, but I think it will fit your needs. If not, try searching for parch, pad, note, etc on any of the UI sites and see what else might be around.
07-14-05, 04:04 PM   #3
Bloöd
A Defias Bandit

Talking

Aswome.

Thats just what I was looking for !!

Thanks!
07-14-05, 06:14 PM   #4
Dakotah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Glad I could help. I had seen it before, but never really used it or any of the other notepad-type AddOns. I just downloaded it though to try it out. I tend to have too many notes on paper/post-its cluttering up my desk as well!
12-14-05, 01:05 AM   #5
Fin
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My favourite is Jotter:

- http://wow.jaslaughter.com/Jotter.asp
12-14-05, 03:16 AM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
let me add a couple more

* one you already know of is Notepad from Cosmos
Just download the Alpha or stable zip package (not the exe) and take only the Notepad folder.
It is perfectly working standalone, and is a nice no-frills ingame Notepad with few if any bugs.
(Notably only the truncation of long files which is a WoW editbox bug more than an addon bug)

* second is NotesUNeed (or NUN for short) which can be found on this here site also .
This is a very feature rich Notepad application with many automated note taking features and integration with MapNotes etc.
(if you have any problems with the latest version visit curse and take the last stable 1.x version, this is also maintained as a lighter version and is extremely stable)

Hope it helps.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Req: Is there a Notepad mod out there?