12-10-14, 10:03 AM   #741
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
What I meant is the coords input/carbonite output that lead to whatever was shown on that screenshot.

Currently my grid is 100x100 discrete "pixel" and the boxes are calculated in that pixels. I can increase the resolution rather easily, but that will also increase the amount of things the script needs to do to calculate the boxes.
Increase it, we have to make it output cords with 2 points precision.

Input:
Code:
array (
  0 => 
  array (
    'x' => '60.80',
    'y' => '23.20',
  ),
  1 => 
  array (
    'x' => '60.80',
    'y' => '23.60',
  ),
  2 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.20',
    'y' => '22.40',
  ),
  3 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.60',
    'y' => '24.00',
  ),
  4 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.80',
    'y' => '21.20',
  ),
  5 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.00',
    'y' => '22.40',
  ),
  6 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.20',
    'y' => '22.60',
  ),
  7 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.40',
    'y' => '22.40',
  ),
  8 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.40',
    'y' => '22.60',
  ),
  9 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.60',
    'y' => '22.60',
  ),
  10 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.80',
    'y' => '22.40',
  ),
  11 => 
  array (
    'x' => '60.60',
    'y' => '21.40',
  ),
  12 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.00',
    'y' => '22.20',
  ),
  13 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.00',
    'y' => '22.60',
  ),
  14 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.60',
    'y' => '21.20',
  ),
  15 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.40',
    'y' => '21.60',
  ),
  16 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.60',
    'y' => '20.80',
  ),
  17 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.20',
    'y' => '22.20',
  ),
  18 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.20',
    'y' => '22.60',
  ),
  19 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.60',
    'y' => '22.20',
  ),
  20 => 
  array (
    'x' => '64.20',
    'y' => '21.40',
  ),
  21 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.40',
    'y' => '22.00',
  ),
  22 => 
  array (
    'x' => '61.60',
    'y' => '22.00',
  ),
  23 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.40',
    'y' => '21.40',
  ),
  24 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.60',
    'y' => '20.80',
  ),
  25 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.40',
    'y' => '22.20',
  ),
  26 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.60',
    'y' => '21.00',
  ),
  27 => 
  array (
    'x' => '63.60',
    'y' => '22.20',
  ),
  28 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.00',
    'y' => '23.40',
  ),
  29 => 
  array (
    'x' => '62.00',
    'y' => '23.80',
  ),
)
Output:
Code:
array (
  0 => 
  array (
    'x' => 61,
    'y' => 18,
    'width' => 3,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  1 => 
  array (
    'x' => 59,
    'y' => 19,
    'width' => 7,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  2 => 
  array (
    'x' => 58,
    'y' => 20,
    'width' => 9,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  3 => 
  array (
    'x' => 58,
    'y' => 21,
    'width' => 9,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  4 => 
  array (
    'x' => 57,
    'y' => 22,
    'width' => 10,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  5 => 
  array (
    'x' => 58,
    'y' => 23,
    'width' => 8,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  6 => 
  array (
    'x' => 58,
    'y' => 24,
    'width' => 8,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  7 => 
  array (
    'x' => 59,
    'y' => 25,
    'width' => 6,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
  8 => 
  array (
    'x' => 60,
    'y' => 26,
    'width' => 3,
    'height' => 1,
  ),
)

12-10-14, 10:28 AM   #742
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Nelegano thank you for your check it was a copy failure I've corrected the code

greetings samyonair

12-10-14, 10:39 AM   #743
Spitwads
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Just amazing... Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I just joined, simply to thank everyone who is working so hard on bringing this amazing addon back. If I had the knowledge to contribute, I would gladly do so. If there is anything we can contribute, those who can't code, tell me what it is and I'll start working on it (I am very proficient in SQL, and Excel).

Thanks!

12-10-14, 04:17 PM   #744
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Something changed recently has stopped the Apexis daily from being auto watched. Everything else is put on the watch list - sometimes forcefully... - just fine, but that particular one I need to turn on myself. Could be Blizzard's problem, but I think it started happening around the same time as the release ~5 days ago.

12-10-14, 06:29 PM   #745
LadyTash
A Murloc Raider
Without wading back through all of the posts, a couple of thing's I've noticed from the most recent push (downloaded 12/8).

1.) Dailies in WoD are not tracking, says data is not available. These are not the level 100 dalies but rather the garrison dailies that start showing up around level 92.

2.) Dalaran map is sitting way out in the middle of no where, seems to be disconnected from Northrend altogether.

3.) I did notice this mentioned earlier but felt it was worth another mention, when I try to untrack a quest (like the battle pet quests), when I enter a new area they show back up and have to be untracked again

4.) (and this may be a setting that I'm missing and if so, any tips would be appreciated) Mini maps indoors won't open. I get the little mini map in the corner of the main map but I can't get it to open full size, like inside a cave and other such areas.

That's all I've noticed to date. I want to thank everyone who has stepped up to give Rhythal a helping hand. Not being a coder, there is little I can do other than testing but I know there are lots of folks who are grateful for all of the hard work being put into this massive overhaul.

Last edited by LadyTash : 12-10-14 at 06:59 PM.

12-10-14, 07:48 PM   #746
digitalwonder
A Murloc Raider
is there an option to adjust tracking map zoom?

if I follow to a set point on the map, it will zoom me in all the way. I have adjusted the zoom settings but they dont seem to apply to when you are tracking to a given point, all I see is terrain and the dashed directional line. this only happens once I move the character after starting the tracking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	8354  

12-11-14, 10:04 AM   #747
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by digitalwonder View Post
No. Tracking map zoom will try to scale the map so the remaining track will fit the window automatically. What other setting would make sense in your opinion?

12-11-14, 12:39 PM   #748
LaO_Al
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by digitalwonder View Post

if I follow to a set point on the map, it will zoom me in all the way. I have adjusted the zoom settings but they dont seem to apply to when you are tracking to a given point, all I see is terrain and the dashed directional line. this only happens once I move the character after starting the tracking
Same problem for me! I would prefer to see me (the player-arrow) in the middle of the map with the navigation arrows pointing outside.
Otherwise it is impossible to see any hearbs/ore while using this waypoint system.

Anyway - Im verry happy to have CARB back again! I remember good old times when i had to pay for it...

12-11-14, 01:00 PM   #749
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
map zoom

Hi,

You can save a map zoom level by right clicking the map and save map scale, then you can return to that scale by right clicking and select restore map scale.

Also in the upper right corner of the map you can uncheck the auto scale map box to stop it from auto scaling while tracking quests.

12-11-14, 01:57 PM   #750
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With cooperation with atl77 (big thanks to him!!) we managed to get missing quests from wowhead and to generate areas for theirs objectives (keep in mind that not all quest 90-100 have updated objectives in wowhead db). Ill push new files to github after testing.

12-11-14, 03:27 PM   #751
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
You're welcome. You did most of the work, I just developed a small algorithm for the objective areas.

12-11-14, 06:03 PM   #752
dagaard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Curse

Just curious if you are going to release a Beta or Alpha version that can be installed though the Curse Client?

12-11-14, 06:37 PM   #753
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by dagaard View Post
Just curious if you are going to release a Beta or Alpha version that can be installed though the Curse Client?
Very soon (i hope, i've been saying that a while I know) I still have a couple bugs i'm trying to iron out that are key features people use carbonite for.

In my local build (not yet pushed to git)
- Quest history is fixed
- Blizzard Quest portion of world Map being blank is fixed
- Harvest nodes are half working... Mining works, Herbalism doesn't (and that's the current holdup on a new git push) When I said originally they were fixed, I was looking in a zone where it was working and didn't realize it was only 1 node type and in the one zone they were showing up.

12-11-14, 07:04 PM   #754
Lumindeas
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Very soon (i hope, i've been saying that a while I know)
We should all be used to the phrase "very soon" thanks to Blizzard lol. I, for one, would much rather wait until you are satisfied with your work instead of pushing it out early. Take your time Rythal, we're all grateful to you and your fellow collaborators !

12-11-14, 07:17 PM   #755
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Can you please make this addon work with Handynotes? Handynotes is a MAJOR part of WOD because it shows where all the bonus resources are. Because of Handynotes I have successfully been able to level up every building in my garrison to level 3 delete them all and start new buildings. I'm not sure if its something they have to do on their side or your side but other than that this addon is working great for me.

One more issue I have been having with your latest build. If im in nagrand and i open my map and hover over any territory in Draenor it doesn't show flightpaths or quests or anything. Its like looking at an undiscovered area. Im happy to take a screenshot if needed.

12-11-14, 07:28 PM   #756
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Here is Mapster with Handynotes. You will note all of the treasures and rares are viewable on your map

Here is Carbonite. None of the treasures or rares are viewable and all I can see is nagrand and frostfire, as you can see im hovering over spires of arak and it wont zoom in or register that im trying to change the map zone

12-11-14, 07:33 PM   #757
digitalwonder
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by aracthebold View Post
Hi,

You can save a map zoom level by right clicking the map and save map scale, then you can return to that scale by right clicking and select restore map scale.

Also in the upper right corner of the map you can uncheck the auto scale map box to stop it from auto scaling while tracking quests.
I have done this and it does keep the scale. I was just thinking I was overlooking a setting somewhere. Been using carbonite since the beginning and it didn't use to do that. Good job on keeping this very useful addon alive.

I would be happy to be a tester anytime, been on the git version since you posted it.....was so lost lol

12-11-14, 08:40 PM   #758
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Seny69 View Post
Can you please make this addon work with Handynotes? Handynotes is a MAJOR part of WOD because it shows where all the bonus resources are. ....
There is plugin called HandyNotes_Carbonite last updated in January 2012 by Zasurus. It supposedly translates HandyNotes locations into the coordinate/zoneID system used by Carbonite. I hadn't used it or HandyNotes until recently so I'm not sure if it was still working before the 6.0 pre-patch.

Given it's age and the updates Rythal and the team here have had to make for the new WoD zones to map properly, I'm not surprised. The plugin uses an older version of Astrolabe and I'm sure there are other submodules/includes that are out of date in it. Some of the calls to functions in NxMap don't even match up with Carb 5.4. I'm not a coder but I tried to debug it by simply updating names in function calls however that didn't get me very far. For now I just disable Carb when I need to find things with HandyNotes. Carb is much more important to my gameplay.

12-11-14, 09:16 PM   #759
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Just want to chime in and say that dungeon maps are still not working properly, also as someone pointed out Dalaran is in the void.

12-11-14, 09:20 PM   #760
KMJX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seny69 View Post
Can you please make this addon work with Handynotes? Handynotes is a MAJOR part of WOD because it shows where all the bonus resources are. Because of Handynotes I have successfully been able to level up every building in my garrison to level 3 delete them all and start new buildings. I'm not sure if its something they have to do on their side or your side but other than that this addon is working great for me.

One more issue I have been having with your latest build. If im in nagrand and i open my map and hover over any territory in Draenor it doesn't show flightpaths or quests or anything. Its like looking at an undiscovered area. Im happy to take a screenshot if needed.
*sigh"

as with all other addons with map integrations which previously worked with Carbonite, HandyNotes wont work with the current Carbonite because the author won't update their addon to work with it as long as Rythal does not officially release an updated version.

The GIT version of Carbonite is working very well, but is still not an officially released version.
Once it goes official on wowinterface/curse/whathaveyou, other addons will probably be updated to integrate with it again.

Please guys, stop asking Rythal to add compatibility fixes for other addons. Don't pile up additional work that would further delay an official release on him (even if he's ultimately the one deciding what he works on, requesting features still puts some pressure on him).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch