07-22-08, 09:43 AM   #1
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Saved Instance Lister

Is there an addon that will track which raid instances you and your alts are saved to, and when they reset? Would make a great FuBar addon in my opinion
07-22-08, 10:35 AM   #2
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
You can check the character your on 'savings' by going to the Raid tab and clicking Raid Info.

But I agree being able to see alts info would be handy for those "I'm not sure if he's saved to Kara" moments.
07-23-08, 04:35 AM   #3
whoaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
im fairly new to using the wow api, but i will look over it again and see if theres a way to grab alts info. i know i've seen other addons that allow you to share friends list but i think they use information gathered while being on the char

im not certain but i could try and make it to where you can see if there saved or not but as for a timer of some sort, as i said not too experienced with making counts in wow lol
07-23-08, 05:48 AM   #4
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Well, I assume you'd have to log into that alt, it would grab all your "svings" and reset times, and when you log into another alt, the "reset date/time" would just be current date-time plus reset timer. I can look into trying to make it as well. Doesn't seem too difficult, never made an addon before though.

I'm going to work on this after work today

Just found this:
http://www.wowwiki.com/API_GetSavedInstanceInfo

Last edited by secutanudu : 07-23-08 at 06:43 AM.
07-25-08, 03:42 AM   #5
Thaoky
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Altoholic does this, and much more, which may indeed be too much if this is the only feature you're looking for. There's probably a fubar addon out there that does that as well.

And it is indeed GetSavedInstanceInfo that provides this information, you must also be on the character to use it, there is absolutely no API function that allows you to query information about another character.
07-25-08, 06:21 AM   #6
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Thaoky View Post
you must also be on the character to use it, there is absolutely no API function that allows you to query information about another character.
I assumed as much. I'd have save the info in the saved variables file for your other characters to see it. But, you only get saved to an instance when you are actually on a toon, so it would be hard for you to get saved to something without the addon knowing about it

Now I've never written an addon before, so this will be my first challenge.

I came up with another addon idea this morning, much simpler. Simply to print out a chat or show some type of warning when picking up a non-raid quest while in a raid group. I just spent WAY too much time doing the fishing daily this morning still in a raid from last night

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Saved Instance Lister