01-12-07, 12:44 AM   #241
krinla
A Fallenroot Satyr

I am getting this error:

Code:
Interface\AddOns\PerfectRaid\PerfectRaid.lua:343: attempt to call method 'SetText' (a nil value)
I'm in a raid group just waiting for pvp and mining. It seems to pop up periodically and I'm not necessarily doing anything.

Edit: it seems to be doing this when people leave the raid group. Also, I haven't changed anything in the LUA.

Last edited by krinla : 01-12-07 at 12:49 AM.
01-12-07, 01:20 AM   #242
Rav
A Defias Bandit
Question

Raidmembers don't update if i change BG AV --->AB, same 10 members like in AV
UIreload fix it.
01-12-07, 05:21 AM   #243
Kitami
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Yes, that's exactly what needs the new templates.
Just out of curiosity:
Is in WoW 2.0.3 all you need or do we still have to wait for another patch until you can code a final release?

Last edited by Kitami : 01-12-07 at 05:34 AM.
01-12-07, 06:27 AM   #244
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Correct, the order only takes UPPERCLASS ENGLISH CLASS NAMES or numbers.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-12-07, 08:03 AM   #245
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
Mod didn't load?

Hi, Clad,

I downloaded the PerfectRaid beta yesterday (the version on 1/11/07), but when I started WoW, it could not be loaded.

I can see it on the Addon screen, and have checked to load it (and also load out-of-date addons for my other mods). But when I enter the game, nothing appears.

When I typed in "/praid" or "/perfectraid", it says type "/help" for list of functions.

In other words, praid was not found.

Any idea why that is?

I use X-Perl Unit frame which comes with a default raid frame management, and also CTRaidAssist (b/c guild requirement). Could these be conflicting with your praid?

Thanks.
01-12-07, 08:37 AM   #246
katana
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Tenson
I use X-Perl Unit frame which comes with a default raid frame management, and also CTRaidAssist (b/c guild requirement). Could these be conflicting with your praid?
No, these 2 should not conflict with praid ( I use them as well ). Are you sure praid is actually loaded ? not in raid on addons screen ? Using the latest version ? Have you checked the FAQ ?
01-12-07, 09:11 AM   #247
Apsalar
A Kobold Labourer
Awesome mod!

Now i've seen some interest ideas flyby on this thread about extra's that should be added. However one the reasons I like this mod is because it so lite. So please don't get carried away

Anyway that is just a personal wish, but no matter I'll keep using
01-12-07, 09:17 AM   #248
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by katana
No, these 2 should not conflict with praid ( I use them as well ). Are you sure praid is actually loaded ? not in raid on addons screen ? Using the latest version ? Have you checked the FAQ ?
I did download r77, but I will check again.

When I first log in, I see PerfectRaid in my Addon screen (bottom left corner button to bring up the Addon menu). It is checked, along with "Load out-of-date" addons for my other mods.

When I enter the game, nothing appears. No raid frame or anything (What should I expect to see, btw?)

When I typed in /praid or /perfectraid, no options appear, but I get an error message that says invalid command, type "/help", etc. (Like the ones you'll see if you type made-up addon names into chat window, like /myownaddon, /modsarecool, etc.)

Should I be looking into the WTF and the SavedVariable files and see if anything's not supposed to be there?

Thanks again.
01-12-07, 10:18 AM   #249
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I posted this elsewhere, but there are a few bugs right now that seem to be causing people issues, but they all have something to do with the hacks or other stuff that just isn't supposed to be there in the long run.

I won't be working on fixing these issues, because I want a full release version of PerfectRaid ready by release. Expect that soon.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-12-07, 11:30 AM   #250
gadfly
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for making and updating this great addon Cladhaire

Last edited by gadfly : 01-12-07 at 11:36 AM.
01-12-07, 12:08 PM   #251
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Someone posted asking for mana bars. You can get that information in the FAQ, I believe its listed there.
01-12-07, 12:55 PM   #252
Kroesus
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Minou
This is from fresh install b77, old savedvariables .lua deleted,too:

I scaled down Praid to 75 and I am getting double raid windows now.
One that scales and show only group 1 and another one that stays at 100%

And one error when trying to save hacks/sizing: /PerfectRaid.lua: 121: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'x' (a NIL value)
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Ack I broke scaling.. sorry about that.. I'll do what I can to get that fixed tonight.
Same bug here. I´ve download beta r77 and the bug is still there.
01-12-07, 01:22 PM   #253
Paynez
A Defias Bandit
Tenson:

If you have Clique, make sure you update it. I tracked the same problem down to a conflict with Clique and PRaid, and an updated Clique resolved it.
01-12-07, 01:44 PM   #254
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kroesus
Same bug here. I´ve download beta r77 and the bug is still there
I didn't get an opportunity to submit a fix. Like I said, I'm spending my time trying to get the real version of these features out.
01-12-07, 02:45 PM   #255
Tenson
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Paynez
Tenson:

If you have Clique, make sure you update it. I tracked the same problem down to a conflict with Clique and PRaid, and an updated Clique resolved it.
I do use Clique (thanks Clad again).

I assume the newest version of Clique will resolve this? Do I need to delete any old SavedVariables in the WTF folder?

Thanks.
01-12-07, 06:22 PM   #256
Harwel
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by krinla
I am getting this error:

Code:
Interface\AddOns\PerfectRaid\PerfectRaid.lua:343: attempt to call method 'SetText' (a nil value)
I'm in a raid group just waiting for pvp and mining. It seems to pop up periodically and I'm not necessarily doing anything.

Edit: it seems to be doing this when people leave the raid group. Also, I haven't changed anything in the LUA.
I also get this error when people enter or leave the raid group. Other than that, things seem to be working pretty well.
01-12-07, 06:25 PM   #257
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Yes, known bug. Thanks.
01-13-07, 11:34 AM   #258
cjd
A Defias Bandit
I already know what kind of crap I'm going to get for mentioning this, and it is more likely to show my only light understanding of some of this, but...

Performance issues still exist for things like aggro check, range check, etc. This is likely made worse when folks are using other frame mods that ALSO do these things. As far as I know, one of the goals of libraries like Ace is to provide single points that maintain this data and can then be used by multiple mods, avoiding the overhead of each doing the same check on its own. Is this accurate? Is it just some of the baggage that comes along with hooking into these libraries that is keeping PR from trying to use some of this?

On a different note, a couple of my guildies were complaining about the lack of frame highlighting with curable debuffs (it used to go blue for a magic debuff, for example) - this still possible to do with a file edit somewhere?

Once again, thanks for all the work.

If only I could get guildies to bother showing up to raid these days...
01-13-07, 03:44 PM   #259
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
A.) You can completely customize the rate of aggro checking. Range checking is pretty much close to free, but you can adjust the rate of either of them.
B.) No, you cannot turn on the buff/debuff notifications, they aren't coded at the moment, btu will be.
C.) Please understand that this mod is in beta, and should be treated as such.

Aggro checking should not be that expensive. I'll review the code.
01-13-07, 07:49 PM   #260
cjd
A Defias Bandit
Oh, don't worry - I'm totally with you on this one. Probably more patient than most folks by far, as I do UI development for a living right now, and that's pretty much *always* waiting on something somewhere not working as expected, or being more complex to achieve than expected - I won't go into the "oh, I saw this feature HERE and can we do that by yesterday because it's soooo cool and..."

I've only personally noted issues with range check and I set the timer on that back to twice a second, which helped immensely. I do find glitches now and again, but I've not specifically traced that to anything specifically. This version I've only had through a bugged Ony attempt and a subsequent ZG run - the former was nothing but getting everyone there to discover Ony wasn't showing AND was saving us to a "finished" instance to boot, and the latter was... well... I think we had bats up when the boss went down. (Ok, not *quite* that fast but pretty darned close)

The rest was inquiry for my own edification. Can I tweak it this way, would something like this help - I'm operating on the assumption that you KNOW the answers already and might simply shed some light, which is asking a lot in the first place.

So, no worries, keep truckin' and thank you again!

C

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help