01-15-05, 07:29 PM   #1
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Script Possibilities

Hi all. While browsing the WoW forums, I frequently see those "Can you do XYZ?" threads. So I figured, since I have quite a knowledge about WoW's interface and LUA, I could help you answer these questions if you have any. So, if you would like to know if something is possible, or if you want to know how to do it, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer .
01-15-05, 09:58 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thank you very much Cide. Remmy and I are going to be working like crazy over the next while, trying to get this site up and going, so any and all help from such knowledgeable sources as yourself is greatly appreciated. It's just this sort of community assistance that made EQ Interface the site it became, and precisely what we are hoping to re-create with WoW Interface.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
01-16-05, 12:01 AM   #3
Schrade
A Defias Bandit
Yay Cide! Thanks so much.

Here's what I want:

I want a script for my healer friends that use CastParty.

Basically, I want them to be able to hit a script and that script will automatically figure out my pet and cast a heal on the pet.

So here's what I had in mind:

/script (Put whatever needs to go here to target my pet)
/script CastParty_DoTheRightThing();
/script TargetLastEnemy();

I know you can just do /target PetName but I want it to be able to target my pet no matter what name it has. So like some lua function to Target Schrade's pet only.
01-16-05, 07:22 AM   #4
Cide
Swedeheart
Originally Posted by Schrade
Yay Cide! Thanks so much.

Here's what I want:

I want a script for my healer friends that use CastParty.

Basically, I want them to be able to hit a script and that script will automatically figure out my pet and cast a heal on the pet.

So here's what I had in mind:

/script (Put whatever needs to go here to target my pet)
/script CastParty_DoTheRightThing();
/script TargetLastEnemy();

I know you can just do /target PetName but I want it to be able to target my pet no matter what name it has. So like some lua function to Target Schrade's pet only.
Well, to target the player named "Schrade"'s pet:
/target Schrade
/script TargetUnitsPet("target")

That should be enough. As a little hint on what we're developing for CTMod right now; it's somewhat like what you asked, yet different . Things are going well, and if we're lucky, you might see version 1 in a matter of days. I can say that it's gonna help priests bigtime .

@ Cairenn: I'd love to see a good source for WoW interfaces, so I will do my best to support this site .
01-16-05, 08:09 AM   #5
AldWulf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Would it be Possible for a Total Conversion Such as we had in EQ no window looking the same or are we Limited in the graphics we can change?
01-16-05, 08:39 AM   #6
Svarten
A Fallenroot Satyr
No limitations what so ever when it comes to graphics and window numbers.

/Svarten
01-16-05, 10:17 AM   #7
Cide
Swedeheart
Originally Posted by AldWulf
Would it be Possible for a Total Conversion Such as we had in EQ no window looking the same or are we Limited in the graphics we can change?
What Svarten says is true. We can modify the original files in any way we wish(I believe cosmos does this to some extent).
01-16-05, 11:00 AM   #8
AldWulf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ahh Sweet That is Great to hear was just wondering as we hadn't really seen any Major Graphic Changeing Mods as of yet
11-16-06, 03:25 PM   #9
Txzeenath
A Defias Bandit
I was curious as to if there is a way to open the trainer UI via a script of some sort. I want to make a custom way to open the trainer window, but I can't seem to find how to open it. I've tried opening the UI itself, but it doesn't retrieve the listing of skills.

(the trainers i'm referring to are class trainers)

Last edited by Txzeenath : 11-16-06 at 04:20 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Script Possibilities