03-19-08, 02:00 AM   #1
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Problem with Autobar and Fonts on Mac

I have just re-installed WoW and MazzleUI on an iMac, (having used it on a PC before) and I have several problems with the appearance of parts of the UI...

1. Autobar - rather than being in the lower right near the trinket button etc., Autobar has appeared in a single strip of buttons in the lower left, partly overlapping my main chat window and partly overlapping where the first two party members would be if I was grouped. In all other respects, it functions as a default un-Mazzified Autobar would do. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I re-install the UI again?

2. Fonts - the fonts in my main chat window are perfect, but the ones in the combat hits and other window in the lower right are the "normal" size rather than the small size I was used to on the PC. Is this due to the way the iMac is handling the fonts? I remember seeing something in Safari about not displaying fonts lower than 6pt...

3. Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen - when I press Apple-M to enter windowed mode (I normally play fullscreen), all the graphics on the lower pane of the UI are replaced with a single rectangle of white. When I return to fullscreen, it persists and only goes away when I select Reload UI. Is this expected or a mac issue?

Apart from those three issues, I have no other faults to report. Bugsack is empty, there are no Fatalities and I used the Mac version of WoWAceUpdater successfully.

Any sensible suggestions please?
03-19-08, 04:06 AM   #2
banjo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
I have just re-installed WoW and MazzleUI on an iMac, (having used it on a PC before) and I have several problems with the appearance of parts of the UI...

1. Autobar - rather than being in the lower right near the trinket button etc., Autobar has appeared in a single strip of buttons in the lower left, partly overlapping my main chat window and partly overlapping where the first two party members would be if I was grouped. In all other respects, it functions as a default un-Mazzified Autobar would do. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I re-install the UI again?

2. Fonts - the fonts in my main chat window are perfect, but the ones in the combat hits and other window in the lower right are the "normal" size rather than the small size I was used to on the PC. Is this due to the way the iMac is handling the fonts? I remember seeing something in Safari about not displaying fonts lower than 6pt...

3. Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen - when I press Apple-M to enter windowed mode (I normally play fullscreen), all the graphics on the lower pane of the UI are replaced with a single rectangle of white. When I return to fullscreen, it persists and only goes away when I select Reload UI. Is this expected or a mac issue?

Apart from those three issues, I have no other faults to report. Bugsack is empty, there are no Fatalities and I used the Mac version of WoWAceUpdater successfully.

Any sensible suggestions please?
I've used Mazzle on a Mac for the last 6 months or so, & don't have either the font or the Autobar problem. Switching from Window to Full-screen does blank out my minimap however.
03-19-08, 09:24 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You updated AutoBar and it will no longer get Mazzified, as it's a rewrite.

The mac textures issue is a known one and is a Blizzard thing.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-19-08, 10:13 AM   #4
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Ah - that explains a lot. I read that Autobar has been dramatically updated recently.

So... if I revert to my original MazzleUI install and exclude Autobar from the WowAceUpdate list-to-update then it should remain at the version that the Mazzifier is expecting (until some clever person repackages MazzleUI to work with the new Autobar) - gotcha.
03-20-08, 01:44 AM   #5
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

OK, Autobar (old) is now happy but if I run the WoWAceUpdater (Mac) I get the large font issue and plenty of Cartographer bugs in the bugsack. I'll do a little digging and see what is going on then report back.
03-20-08, 08:54 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If there's such an option in the Mac Ace Updater, make sure that automatic depencency download is enabled.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-20-08, 09:21 AM   #7
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Font size resolved on Mac

I don't know what caused it, but when I copy my clean MazzleUI Interface and WTF directories over from the PC, the fonts in the chat windows were perfect but as soon as I ran a full WoWAceUpdate (Mac) they all got reset to 14 point. I made a note of the text point sizes in my last good copy from the PC then followed Mazzle's instructions in the MazzleUI FAQ as follows...

1. Open FuBar and add Prat to the Chat category
2. Scroll down to tab properties in Prat and set the Tab Display on windows 6 and 7 from Hidden to Default
3. Right-click on each of the 7 chat windows and set the font size as required (I am running at 1920x1200) : 13, 13, 12, 12, 13, 10, 10 point
4. Re-hide the tabs for windows 6 and 7
5. Remove Prat from the FuBar list.
03-20-08, 09:25 AM   #8
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Cartographer errors

Now the last issue - a bulging bugsack caused by Cartographer...

When I import my Interface and WTF files from the PC, I get a nice empty green bugsack. As soon as I use WoWAceUpdate (MAC), I consistently get 19 errors all to do with Cartographer.

I have listed the first three as follows...

=

[2008/03/20 15:10:59-33-x1]: Cartographer_Notes-2.0\Notes.lua:12: Bad argument #2 to `AddTranslations'. "enUS" registered twice.
LibRockLocale-1.0-1118 (LibRockLocale-1.0):238: in function `AddTranslations'
Cartographer_Notes-2.0\Notes.lua:12: in main chunk

=

[2008/03/20 15:10:59-33-x1]: Cartographer_POI\POI.lua:11: Bad argument #2 to `AddTranslations'. "enUS" registered twice.
Cartographer_POI\POI.lua:11: in main chunk

=

[2008/03/20 15:11:07-33-x1]: Cartographer_Battlegrounds-2.0\Battlegrounds.lua:12: Bad argument #2 to `AddTranslations'. "enUS" registered twice.
Cartographer_Battlegrounds-2.0\Battlegrounds.lua:12: in main chunk
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `pcall'
Cartographer-r63590\Cartographer.lua:959: in function `LoadLoadOnDemandModules'
Cartographer-r63590\Cartographer.lua:472: in function <Interface\AddOns\Cartographer\Cartographer.lua:318>
LibRock-1.0-3317 (LibRock-1.0):2472: in function <Interface\AddOns\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2447>
LibRock-1.0-3317 (LibRock-1.0):2521: in function <Interface\AddOns\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2514>
LibRock-1.0-3317 (LibRock-1.0):2594: in function <Interface\AddOns\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2557>
LibRock-1.0-3317 (LibRock-1.0):2715: in function <Interface\AddOns\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2710>
...:
Prat_AutoLoD\autolod.lua:36: in function <Interface\AddOns\Prat_AutoLoD\autolod.lua:34>
Prat_AutoLoD\autolod.lua:137: in function `Load'
Prat-2.0 63303.63496\Prat.lua:836: in function <Interface\AddOns\Prat\Prat.lua:826>
<in C code>: in function `pcall'
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):24: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:23>
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):998: in function `ManualEnable'
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):926: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:919>
AceEvent-2.0-63812 (Ace2):260: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-63812 (Ace2):917: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:910>

=

Errors 4 through 19 are just copies of that long one above, but for different Cartographer modules.

Are there some files I need to clean out perhaps? The major revision numbers reported by WoWAceUpdate prior to update are identical for both PC and Mac versions. Just the Mac ones have minor revision numbers appended.

Any pointers much appreciated...
03-20-08, 12:13 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It looks like the Mac Ace Updater isn't unpacking your addons then. So, you're running two copies of your modules - one inside the main folder (like Cartographer\Cart_Notes) and one pulled out into the Addons folder (Interface\Addons\Cartographer_Notes). If there's no option in the updater to unpack addons, I would say run the lod batch script - but you're on a Mac, so...

03-20-08, 01:03 PM   #10
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

It looks like you are right - WoWAceUpdater is unpacking ALL of the Cartographer addon subdirectories into the main Cartographer directory - it looks like the person who built the last package may have the path wrong in it.
03-20-08, 01:13 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Hrm? What last package? What path? I'm confused on what you mean, but you want them to be unpacked.

03-20-08, 01:49 PM   #12
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

When first unpacking MazzleUI (1.11core plus DeTard's pair of files), it created several directories all at the same level inside Addons. For example there's a addons\cartographer, addons\cartographer_herbalism etc - about a dozen or more of them.

When I then use WowAceUpdater, it removes a couple of files from inside addons\cartographer then places all the cartographer_herbalism etc directories inside addons\cartographer instead of just in \addons

I didn't do anything different to request this behaviour - WowAceUpdater doesn't have any other options I can choose - plus it behaves perfectly for all the other addons that were updated at the same time.

What is the correct directory structure for Cartographer? All at the same level inside \addons or all nested inside \addons\cartographer?
03-20-08, 08:28 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It works either way (though you get better performance if they're all unpacked), but you can't have it both ways. In WAU, select "Unpack Addons".

03-21-08, 01:27 AM   #14
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

The Mac version of WAU does not have an option for "Unpack Addons" I'm afraid. I'll have a word with the author first, then maybe ask Cartographer's author about the issue. I can't be the only person having the issue (I hope).

By the way, could a Mac MazzleUI user have a quick look in their Addons folder and tell me how the Cartographer directories are organised please. All flat under \addons or all nested inside \addons\cartographer.

THanks.
03-21-08, 11:50 AM   #15
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

There - fixed...

The current release of Cartographer is packaged in a nested way - all of the default Cartographer modules within \addons\cartographer. When the MazzleUI build was last put together, it was done in a flat way with all modules at the same level.

All I had to do to fix it was allow WowAceUpdater to upgrade to the newest version, have a peep inside the \addons\cartographer directory, make a note of all the new subdirectories, then return to \addons and move all the duplicates into the trash.

Voila!

Now all that leaves me with are the Mining, Fishing and Herbalism ones that I think are usually packaged inside Cartographer_Data. They are still currently in the flat structure but I'll know what to do if Cartographer_Data ever changes.

Now if only Prat hadn't broken today too, I'd have an empty bugsack...
03-21-08, 11:55 AM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I told you that it works both ways. When you download straight off of the files site or a release site, they are packed inside Cartographer. WAU and the batch script file will unpack the modules for you. This makes them Load on Demand so you can fully disable a module you don't use, or a module will only be loaded when needed. It's not that it's supposed be one way and used to be another.

edit: Prat does seem to be throwing a couple bugs today due to code errors. Note that Prat is also modular, and works the same way as Cartographer.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problem with Autobar and Fonts on Mac