03-21-19, 11:06 PM   #1
Halona
A Murloc Raider
Help me uninstall Miirgui

I posted on the addon itself but there's no activity and this is negatively affecting my raid experience.
Some of the textures are leftover after deleting all the folders in interface and deleting the addon folder, and it's saved variables file. The main thing causing a problem is my chat bubbkes inside instance being completely opaque. I installed Aurora also to try to overwrite the Miir stuff, my chat bubbles outside of instances are taken over by Aurora but inside they remain Miir textures.
03-22-19, 09:21 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I must preface this post with some information first. It has been a bit over two and a half years since I have played WoW, so I may be a little out dated with my answer \ ideas.

Did you remember to delete the saved variables file(s) for the addon? That is the first thing that I would do. Doing that, in my opinion, is the first step in the process towards straightening out your problem.

You might also want to make sure that you have deleted the files in the installation that you thought you did and not another WoW install.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-22-19 at 12:01 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
03-22-19, 12:05 PM   #3
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Did you remember to delete the saved variables file(s) for the addon? That is the first thing that I would do. Doing that, in my opinion, is the first step in the process towards straightening out your problem.
Saved Vars don't have to be deleted as they are useless without the addon pulling the information.

@Halona, Do you have any of the texture packs that are available to this addon? After downloading these things and looking at them if you have any texture pack you need to go and remove all of those folders. Having these folders still in your WoW directory will cause them to override the assets they're meant to override no matter if you've deleted the core addon or not.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
03-22-19, 05:00 PM   #4
Halona
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I must preface this post with some information first. It has been a bit over two and a half years since I have played WoW, so I may be a little out dated with my answer \ ideas.

You might also want to make sure that you have deleted the files in the installation that you thought you did and not another WoW install.
You know what you're right and I feel silly, this is the issue I've had all week. My shortcut is to the wrong installation. Thanks for slapping some sense into me!

Last edited by Halona : 03-22-19 at 05:13 PM.
03-22-19, 05:27 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome, of course.

@Tim: Normally, I wouldn't argue with that, but I had the same problem with an addon, several years ago of course. The only way that I could get rid of it was to delete the saved variables for the addon. The game has gone through some changes since I had that problem, though. That was part of my WoW "learning curve".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help me uninstall Miirgui