04-15-09, 01:51 PM   #1
Earthmover
A Murloc Raider
I have 3.001, but it says 2.58

Even before yesterdays patch, when I upgraded my Carbonite to 3.001, the splash screen that appears upon logon still displays 2.58. I also get nagged that my version of Carbonite has expired. The curse updater shows my current version as 3.001 and Ive completely reinstalled the addon from scratch with no luck. I deleted all saved variables for Carbonite thinking that might help but no luck.

Is this a known issue or is there some file somewhere that's mucking everything up? Possibly in my Cache folder somewhere?

Thanks

04-15-09, 03:31 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I would go through and delete your existing Carbonite folders in the Interface\addons folder, then install the latest version from here. That should resolve your issue and get rid of any old code that may be there. As an additional note, all your settings should be ok since they are saved in the wtf folders. Worst case, you may need to rename your wtf folder, or delete any carbonite.lua files from withing the wtf directory.

04-15-09, 05:10 PM   #3
Earthmover
A Murloc Raider
I already did a complete re-install of Carbonite. I deleted all of the folders AND the SavedVariables from the WTF folder with no luck.

04-15-09, 05:47 PM   #4
shaakme
A Kobold Labourer
same here

i am having the same issue, any suggestions?

04-16-09, 01:54 AM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
99% of the time if the addon won't work (does not show in game) or still shows an old version, it is because it was unzipped to the wrong folder.

By default the game on XP and Vista was installed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"
About 6 months ago Blizzard changed the Vista default to "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Look at the shortcut (right click and select properties) you use to launch Warcraft to get the path to where it is installed.
So if the shortcut Target: says "ABC\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe", then your addon path is
"ABC\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns".

In the file paths, you need to replace ABC with the actual location!

You copy or extract the files in the zip file to the Addons folder.

You should have the 3 folders like this:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteTransfer

Installation page is here:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/installation.aspx

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » I have 3.001, but it says 2.58