06-28-09, 05:54 PM   #1
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

5.01.12 Dev button fading

Everything looks great on the newest Dev release. I think I may be confusing how the action button fadeout is designed to work though.

Using the current Dev version, I cast a spell on the mob that causes a debuff. The debuff timers kick in and at the same time the buttons fades out. Looks great by the way, and the timer is real easy to read that way to . With the debuff still on the mob, the spell's cast cooldown runs out and I am able to cast it again, even though the debuff is still on the mob. The button stays faded out though. Is that how it's designed? Or am I confused, lol.

06-28-09, 05:59 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No... that's how it's designed... if the button is unusable, on cooldown or the spell is active on the mob, then the button stays faded. I will, eventually, add a feature to have the button flash when the spell is about to expire as a warning that it's time to recast.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-28-09, 06:07 PM   #3
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yes i believe it is staying faded out to indicate that you dont need to cast it again because it already exists on the mob.

The only prob i am having with the fadeout on the bars is that spells such as Rebirth which require a reagent, but i dont carry a regent for due to having the glyph that eliminates the need, are faded all the time. Undoubtedly this is due to the engine seeing the reagent is missing and assuming then that it cant be cast but, this is a fairly serious issue as i have trouble finding the Rebirth button when it is needed because it is ALWAYS faded out until after it is cast lol.
not for pleasure
but for survival

06-28-09, 06:11 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
No... that's how it's designed... if the button is unusable, on cooldown or the spell is active on the mob, then the button stays faded. I will, eventually, add a feature to have the button flash when the spell is about to expire as a warning that it's time to recast.
Ok cool I didn't realize it would keep the button faded if the spell was still on the mob too. I thought it was only when it was on cooldown or not usable. Thank you for the clarification

Oh, and since I haven't done it lately.... nUI Rocks

06-28-09, 07:44 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by spiritwulf View Post
Yes i believe it is staying faded out to indicate that you dont need to cast it again because it already exists on the mob.

The only prob i am having with the fadeout on the bars is that spells such as Rebirth which require a reagent, but i dont carry a regent for due to having the glyph that eliminates the need, are faded all the time. Undoubtedly this is due to the engine seeing the reagent is missing and assuming then that it cant be cast but, this is a fairly serious issue as i have trouble finding the Rebirth button when it is needed because it is ALWAYS faded out until after it is cast lol.
This is actually a bug in the Bliz API -- their IsActionUsable() API call is not detecting that you have the glyph and is reporting the spell unusable. I'm working on a fix. In the meantime, if you have room in your bags, you can get around it by just carrying one of the reagent in the bag... it won't get consumed when you cast the spell since you have the Glyph and it makes Bliz's API call work the right way. Crappy solution, but it will work until I can code around Bliz's bug.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-28-09, 10:34 PM   #6
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
This is actually a bug in the Bliz API -- their IsActionUsable() API call is not detecting that you have the glyph and is reporting the spell unusable. I'm working on a fix. In the meantime, if you have room in your bags, you can get around it by just carrying one of the reagent in the bag... it won't get consumed when you cast the spell since you have the Glyph and it makes Bliz's API call work the right way. Crappy solution, but it will work until I can code around Bliz's bug.
Isnt that what i said?

Actualy a better fix for me probably is going to create a generic unassigned macro for the spell instead so it is always lit.
not for pleasure
but for survival

06-28-09, 10:53 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I think there is a way for you to access glyphs that people have in their talent set. I can't remember the specifics but I have been looking at the inscription side of things for an addon and stumbled across a few commands. May not be ideal for just this one thing but if it becomes useful later on nuff said.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » 5.01.12 Dev button fading