06-02-09, 11:58 PM   #1
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Post Feature Request: Improved minimap docking

It would be great if there was an option to specify minimap docking on the outside edge of the carbonite map. That is, when the map zooms out, the minimap docks to the left/right/above/below the carbonite map such that it doesn't obscure any part of the carbonite map.

Additionally, it would also be great if there was an option to allow the minimap to dock to any corner of the carbonite map, selecting a corner that least interferes with the characters current position and waypoint destination.
E.G. If the character is heading from the top left of the map to a waypoint in the bottom right, then the minimap docks either in the top right or bottom left corner. And if the player is moving from the bottom left to the top right then the minimap docks in either the top left or bottom right corner.

Last edited by Unbelievable : 07-29-09 at 01:41 AM.

07-29-09, 01:45 AM   #2
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

In a perfect world there'd be the option to move a docked minimap to an anchor anywhere on screen, but I'm guessing this isn't really possible given Blizzard's tight limits on what can and cannot be done with the minimap. That said, docking on the outside edge of the carbonite map would be more than sufficient.

To reiterate, the whole purpose of altering dock behaviour would be to ensure that the embedded (but docked) minimap would never obscure any part of the current route.

07-29-09, 01:51 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

It's possible, I've had it myself for ages. Until I got SexyMap, that is, since then I've been running Carbonite and minimap separately.

Just play around with the X Offset and Y Offset in the options until you find the ideal setup. Below, above, left, right... other side of the screen? All possible with a bit of trial and error.

07-29-09, 06:51 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yep, the X Y offset will let you put it anywhere. I keep the Carb map in the top right corner of the screen, so for example, I just put -65 for the X offset and the minimap is just to the left of the Carb map, outside of it.

07-30-09, 04:53 AM   #5
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Excellent

I shall have a fiddle (fnar!) and sort out my minimap dock settings

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Feature Request: Improved minimap docking