11-17-06, 01:13 PM   #1
Boh
A Defias Bandit
Photek

hey everyone.

Im an interface and ui newb for the most part, finally deciding i wanted to play with the interface and make it look different than the boring blizz ui i have been using for over a year. After browsing many sites and looking at many packages i finally decided to start with Photek ui. While i love it. There are some thingsi would love to change but havent figured out how yet.

1) Is there a way to reset the change the background color boxes behind the unit frames?
2) is there a way to change the loot boxes back to the default blizz ones, same for the look and feel of the main map and auctioneer page?
11-17-06, 01:35 PM   #2
Barras
A Fallenroot Satyr
Backgrounds behind the unit frames will be ag_unitframes (/aguf config).

Skinning of other frames will be either Otravi_skin (/oskin) or the new version, Skinner (/skinner I think). Toggle on/off the various frames you want reskinned. Xloot will also be altering the loot frame so you'll have to either delete or disable that to get the default Blizz frame. (ModMenuToFu is the easiest way to play with Oskin settings, it's a bit long winded for command line tinkering).

(Assuming latest version of Photek)

You should also delete the Confab folder as it conflicts with Prat and may cause some problems. Known problem, I guess Photek will fix it in his next release.
11-17-06, 01:45 PM   #3
Boh
A Defias Bandit
thanks alot i just couldnt find those options but now i am playing with it. =)
11-17-06, 02:01 PM   #4
Barras
A Fallenroot Satyr
No worries. Started out with Photek myself a few months back, it's a whole lot of stuff to play with when you first start, I'm still tweaking things on a daily basis. Most of Photek is Ace2 based so when you're ready to start updating/adding to it yourself it might be worth taking a look round www.wowace.com for latest versions and extra bits.
11-26-06, 01:09 AM   #5
Bergeron
A Defias Bandit
In Photek, is there a way to change the font size of the Character (and guild) names that appear above everyone's heads? Also, I don't like the way the other player's names look when we're in a group. They're info is very small, and the buff information is tiny! Is there a way to change that?

I'm also a UI n00b, but like where this is going so far.

- B
11-26-06, 06:02 AM   #6
Barras
A Fallenroot Satyr
Don't think there's a way to change the font size of player/guild names... has it changed from standard when you started using Photek? If so then it's probably the UI scale in the default WoW video settings. Try changing that but bear in mind it will effect the entire UI.

Party frames are '/aguf config' again and you can play with the settings from there. Alternatively you can 'alt-rightclick' on a party frame to change the settings for that frame and increase the scale. Changing the UI scale as above will probably make them bigger anyway, but you'll probably have some re-arranging to do.

EDIT: ag_unitframes buff displays are going to be redone at some time in the future anyway I believe

Last edited by Barras : 11-26-06 at 06:04 AM.
11-27-06, 03:52 PM   #7
Bergeron
A Defias Bandit
Awesome, thanks for the help. I do have a few more questions/issues:

1) I am a Druid, so when I switch from caster form to bear or cat form, the actions in my action bar would automatically change to be the form-appropriate actions. This no longer happens since I've installed the new UI. I need to get the functionality back. Any help?

2) When I am in a party, only a small portion of a party member's window is "clickable" to select that party member. For example, if I notice someone in my party is low on HP, and I want to heal them, I could click on their party frame, and it would select them. Then I could cast my heal. I find that only the bottom 2 rows of pixels or so are actually clickable, so it makes casting on them difficult.

Thanks!

- B

Edit: Nevermind point #1. I found the "Allow Bar1 Stanceswap" in the Bartender settings. Still wondering about #2, though...

Last edited by Bergeron : 11-27-06 at 04:27 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Photek