06-28-11, 11:30 AM   #1
Helln_HiHeels
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
"PVP" Gear Indentified

what my guildies and I are seeing more frequently is pvp geared players running dungeons .. rather than having to "inspect" gear .. all I would like to be able to do is see (at a mouseover preferred) is a "resil" amount ..

something like:
Resil total: 1500
gear: 700
gems: 450
enchants: 350

presenting the "resil" breakdown something similar to this would indicate *to me* the player is definitely a pvper

Is there an addon already out there ?
06-28-11, 01:34 PM   #2
Gothral
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
gearscore

if you run gearscore in lite (tooltip mode) on mouseover it will give you a number of pvp items equipped along with ungemmed and unenchanted item numbers
06-28-11, 03:12 PM   #3
Helln_HiHeels
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
unfortunately crafted items (at the 500skill level) have resil on em .. it's only the patterns purchasable after that are not "pvp" .. so it stands to reason some pve players will have "some" resil gear .. however .. when there is a breakdown such as the one I mentioned, one can make a more accurate assumption if they are "pve" or "pvp"

or if they've appeared in the wrong gear by accident (which happens)

I definitely will try GearScore Lite as suggested. The concept of knowing upfront I am running with (usually as a healer) with other players who haven't bothered with enchants or gems makes my decision as to who lives or dies (in a pinch) much easier .. and perhaps somewhere down the road I'll stumble across the addon/plug in I'm after
06-28-11, 03:31 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
And what does that mean to you?

Even if someone has full 365 pvp gear on this is at the very least as good as 346 blues, most likely it's even on par with 353 epic gear. And this is going to be even more unimportant with patch 4.2 when people run around in the next pvp Tier (ilvl 384 afaik). Even more so that it doesn't matter **** if the person in question can play it's class, which is way more common for a "pvp'er" than a "pve'er". Numbers or gear won't tell you that. Well certain numbers maybe, but that's called a "damagemeter", not "noob ... err... gearscore".

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-28-11, 10:33 PM   #5
Helln_HiHeels
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
"generally" speaking .. and solely based on my experiences .. pvp'ers have a vastly different play-style than pve'ers. It has seemed, as of late, there are far more 85s in pvp gear running heroic dungeons "for the first time".

what it breaks down to is a better preparedness (on my part as a healer) for more "oh ****" moments when CCs are broken, mobs pulled, etc etc because of a lack of familiarity running dungeons, "tanking", among other things.

as far as "if the person in question can play it's class, which is way more common for a "pvp'er" than a "pve'er" .. I respectfully disagree .. I play my healer very well but you wouldn't want me attempting to save anybody's backside in pvp ... but in dungeons or raids you're in good hands. PvP .. PvE 2 completely different mindsets (imo)

Last edited by Helln_HiHeels : 06-28-11 at 10:39 PM.
06-29-11, 05:24 AM   #6
Kentwo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Helln_HiHeels View Post
"generally" speaking .. and solely based on my experiences .. pvp'ers have a vastly different play-style than pve'ers. It has seemed, as of late, there are far more 85s in pvp gear running heroic dungeons "for the first time".

what it breaks down to is a better preparedness (on my part as a healer) for more "oh ****" moments when CCs are broken, mobs pulled, etc etc because of a lack of familiarity running dungeons, "tanking", among other things.

as far as "if the person in question can play it's class, which is way more common for a "pvp'er" than a "pve'er" .. I respectfully disagree .. I play my healer very well but you wouldn't want me attempting to save anybody's backside in pvp ... but in dungeons or raids you're in good hands. PvP .. PvE 2 completely different mindsets (imo)
Offtopic; I went from PVE to PVP and tbh It made me a better player pve wise..PVP is all about those "WTF" moments so a decent pvper should have better knowleadge how to handle those situations imo..

Ontopic; You should probally use some Gearscore addon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "PVP" Gear Indentified