12-26-09, 12:52 PM   #1
Breadfast
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb "Time Attack" Instance Speed-Run Timer

I'm an avid heroic dungeon speed runner, looking to keep track of my fastest runs, and possibly run average times and slowest times per dungeon.

I'm looking for an addon that will record my instance/dungeon/raid clear times.

I've managed to do this so far by using stopwatch(blizz ui) upon entering an instance, and then recording the data in a macro manually.

During my play today, in at least half of the groups (20~) I've been in at least one player per group has told me that they thought it was a cool addon.
I don't actually have an addon, mind you, but here is the macro that I've been reporting to my party before we begin our runs.

/p -- High Scores, 5 man heroics -- (Time Attack)
/p [AN- 12:36] [CoS- 23:53] [DtK- 15:15] [Gun- 13:57] [HoL- 16:24] [HoR- 21:30] [Nex- 15:05] [Oc- 15:54] [OK- 23:37] [UK- 14:27] [UP- 17:25] [VH- 14:58]
An addon for this would..
- Track start-finish instance clear times, per instance
- Report to designated channels (Party, guild, whisper, etc.)
- Notify when you've broken a record
- Display average run times per instance
- Show a timer / ability to announce time elapsed thus far, announce on instance completion

Optional features..
- Fastest/average boss kill times (DBM does this)
- Data sharing between different users
-- Leaderboard/friends "High score" list
- Calculate the average time spent per badge from each instance, showing which instances are optimal for you to run (I just random, but knowing which is best: gundrak, AN = COOL! Beyond those two, I have no idea)

Is there an addon like this out there?
How would I go about requesting such work be done?
I'm not good enough to program something like this myself, even though it sounds like a basic premise.
12-27-09, 05:19 PM   #2
Breadfast
A Defias Bandit
Link to my thread on WoW forums
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...309&rhtml=true
12-28-09, 09:44 AM   #3
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My best time in UK was 13 minutes

Great addon idea though!
12-28-09, 09:53 AM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

Could have sworn that DBM (deadly boss mods) and DeusVox had this sort of function built in.
12-28-09, 10:18 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I believe those addons do the "boss-kill" times (DBM on all bosses, DXE for raid bosses only), but not the "instance run" times.
12-28-09, 10:19 AM   #6
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Addon that's been around forever (and regularly updated) that keeps track of instance run times (among other things):

InstanceTime.

Can announce to various channels, keeps track (optionally) of loot dropped + reputation gained and so on. And keeps the runs in a database you can easily access later.

It doesn't keep track of "average run times", but a calculator/notepad+pen can do that with a collection of run times. Another thing that can be done with a calculator/notepad+pen and the run times recorded by the mod is "Calculate the average time spent per badge from each instance".

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "Time Attack" Instance Speed-Run Timer