09-05-14, 12:12 PM   #1
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bartender 4 keybindings help!

Hey! I'm currently using Dominos in my UI, but it lacks the options to align and anchor the bars.

So I woud like to switch over too Bartender4.
However there is a problem with Bartender4 that I never had in Dominos.
In Dominos the bars and Keybindings are same as Blizzards, I coud simply turn off the addon and still play without rebinding all my keys.
But Bartender 4 for some reason only displays my keybindings of the first bar! All other keybindings are not shown. But they work, they are also displayd in the Blizzard options but Bartender dosen't read them out and dosen't show them in the bars. So I have to bind the keys with the Bartender options... but then for some reason it remove the keybinding in Blizzards options and makes it to a new bartender bar option!

Is there any way to fix this?
Alternative a Dominos option to move the bars by pixels and anchor them to a frame woud be even better.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 09-05-14 at 12:18 PM.
09-05-14, 12:43 PM   #2
Lombra
A Molten Giant

This forum is for programming related topics, but anyway..

I'm not sure what happens when you bind using the Bartender interface, but I do know that each bar in Bartender options has an option to display the associated hotkey on each button. You might wanna check that.
09-05-14, 01:09 PM   #3
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
This forum is for programming related topics, but anyway..

I'm not sure what happens when you bind using the Bartender interface, but I do know that each bar in Bartender options has an option to display the associated hotkey on each button. You might wanna check that.
Yes its a programming related topic because I guess you have to change the bartender lua to fix this problem. Or you coud make a Dominos Moving/Anchoring addon to fix the other problem.

To you question. When you bind using the Bartender interface it remove they keysbindings in the Blizzard options -so when you disable Bartender after that all your bindings are gone. Of cause I have enabled the display hotkey option on all bars but it only works on bar 1 when using the blizzard options to bind keys.
09-05-14, 01:18 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Or you coud make a Dominos Moving/Anchoring addon to fix the other problem.
Probably the easier option is to create a custom profile, drag the bars as close as possible then adjust in the saved variables file.

Save a copy and create an addon with slash command that imports your profile (if it's not there) into the Dom Saved db and changes the profileKey for your current character.
09-05-14, 01:23 PM   #5
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Probably the easier option is to create a custom profile, drag the bars as close as possible then adjust in the saved variables file.

Save a copy and create an addon with slash command that imports your profile (if it's not there) into the Dom Saved db and changes the profileKey for your current character.
Yes thats what I have done till now I have always edited the saved variables file of dominos to fit pixel perfect but its a great mess to do that. Also that dosen't solve the problem that I woud like to anchor the Bars to a specific frame
09-05-14, 01:37 PM   #6
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I guess it depends on how often you change your bar setup .
09-05-14, 01:44 PM   #7
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
I guess it depends on how often you change your bar setup .
Problem is I have 3 different profil to fit with all classes and in every profil I have 2 rows of 14 buttons. Yes 14 not 12 thats because I have an extra bar on the side - and this is extra hard to align via the saved variables file.
09-05-14, 01:49 PM   #8
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I use 14 or 12 and just set the points on startup depending on which is needed.
09-05-14, 07:14 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
o.O Dominos bars have always snapped together and anchored for me.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-05-14, 08:18 PM   #10
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
o.O Dominos bars have always snapped together and anchored for me.
I don't want them to snapped together "somehow" I need a pixel perfect fit. And the bars only anchor to themself and the anchor option is not very usefull to set e.g. 4 px spacing between the buttons and the bars. However now I have spent the whole night fixing the Dominos profil by hand - removed all anchors and decimal places and set them to anchor to the bottom so that the bars will always stay on place no matter how long you screen is. This was about 5h work... because I had to log out and in again after every change to check if it works and is im the right place. I realy hope Tuller adds an option to move the bars by pixels and anchor them to whatever frame or position we like.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 09-05-14 at 08:21 PM.
09-05-14, 09:29 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For next time, after each change make your saved variables file Read-Only. Then you just need to reload your UI.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Bartender 4 keybindings help!